Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Alfisti:

I currently don't own an Alfa (although the greatest car I ever owned was a GTV6). I took my current ride (Fiat 500X) into the dealership and my wife and I test drove a Giulia RWD. (Was supposed to be a TI with Q4 but this was what was brought around)---Well, it naturally blew me away, but my wife thought the seats were hard and didn't have enough height adjustment -she is 5ft2. I would like to know what you folks think of the high end leather seats in terms of comfort and adjustability...My ideal TI would be rosso with the tan interior....Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,094 Posts
Did you notice whether it was Lusso or Sport?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have those seats in TI Q4 Lusso in Crema....they are firm but very comfortable, very adjustable....they are covered by some really luxurious leather (if you care for such thing, apparently highest quality grain leather used also by some ultra expensive italian furniture maker)...they also clean well and i have not noticed any wear or coloring in 9000 miles so far

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I have sat in all the seats except sparco, and prefer the lusso over any.
I do hope they (along with light wood) are available in the stelvio quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,094 Posts
The Sparco seats are exceptional. A Quad, however, is at present beyond my reach.

While the sports seats are a little less comfortable than the Lusso's, their support (IMO) makes up for it.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
As always Its all about what you want and/or need...sparcos are a bit ridiculous for daily use, sport seats have best side bolstering and support compromise for everyday use and lusso seats are most adjustable and comfortable for long highway runs...ideally I would have sparco backbone with sport seat bolstering and thigh support plus lusso?s leather....no such thing though lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lusso seats have a couple of extra angles of power adjustibility.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The Lusso seats look and feel very high quality. They're quite comfortable, offering just the right amount of support, while being adjustable just about any way you like. The lumbar support adjusts in or out and up or down, so you can get it right where you want the support to be for your lower back.

If you're looking for a comfortable cruising sedan, that's also sporty, the Ti Lusso is it. If you want more sporty, the Ti sport model is a good choice as it has the sport interior and seats, as well as the exterior sport appearance items. If you do want more sporty, make sure you get the Ti Performance option with the adjustable suspension and limited-slip differential. That's also good for the Lusso too, but probably more important for sport usage.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,181 Posts
Greetings Alfisti:

I currently don't own an Alfa (although the greatest car I ever owned was a GTV6). I took my current ride (Fiat 500X) into the dealership and my wife and I test drove a Giulia RWD. (Was supposed to be a TI with Q4 but this was what was brought around)---Well, it naturally blew me away, but my wife thought the seats were hard and didn't have enough height adjustment -she is 5ft2. I would like to know what you folks think of the high end leather seats in terms of comfort and adjustability...My ideal TI would be rosso with the tan interior....Thanks for any feedback!
I am 5'10" and with the standard seats I found that I could not run the seat all the way up--my head hit the ceiling first, and way too high to see out the windshield properly. I was checking to see if it would be high enough for my wife to get in and out--which it appears to be. I would be surprised if the seat does not go high enough for an average 5'2" adult. Perhaps she should try it in another car.

I ordered a car with the sport seats (not delivered yet), but forgot to check how high they can be adjusted. The sport seat side bolsters are a bit snug; I was told that they will loosen up after a while.

New(?) for 2018 AR lists the Sport seats as 12 way power, the same number of "ways" as the Lusso seats. The "standard" seats are 10 way. I'm not sure that the "ways" adjust the same things, though. The sport seats have manually adjustable thigh supports that none of the others have. I don't think any Giulia seats have seat bottom tilt, which has the potential to create comfort issues.

Note that the number of power seat "ways" are always even because the manufacturers are in the silly habit of counting two directions along a common axis as 2 different ways, e.g. forward is one way, backward is another way. Thus, 12 ways means 6 actually adjustable parameters.

For the 2018 sport seats the ways are
Forward-backward.
Up-down.
Seat back tilt
Side bolster in-out
Lumbar in-out
and ??? (upper back in-out?)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I really like the sport seats and never thought of getting a Lusso.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a 17 Ti with sport seats. I'm 5'8" and my wife is 5'1" and we both have found very comfortable driving positions. A separate Tilt adjustment would be nice, but I have found that different combinations of Height and Front/Back adjustment offer a variety of tilt angles because of the geometry of the seat tracks.

The 'ways' of the sport seats are:
Front/Back
Up/Down
Recline F/B
Seat Back bolsters Narrow/Wide
Lumbar In/Out
Lumbar Up/Down
Manual thigh support extension.

These are the same seats that are standard in the Quad but with perf. leather instead of Alcantara. These seats are very comfortable for the several long trips (2hr+) we have taken yet beautifully supportive when I autocrossed the car with the Alfa Club.
Depending on your point of view they are either very supportive or confining. Think of a baseball in a catchers mitt: you're the baseball.
We also got the optional leather for dash and doors (this is standard on Quad and Lusso) and are very happy we coughed up the extra $1k as it really gives the car a luxury feel. Leather quality is mid range like what you'd find on a basic Natuzzi chair. It isn't the full grain vat-dyed leather you find in a Maserati.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,181 Posts
I have a 17 Ti with sport seats. I'm 5'8" and my wife is 5'1" and we both have found very comfortable driving positions. A separate Tilt adjustment would be nice, but I have found that different combinations of Height and Front/Back adjustment offer a variety of tilt angles because of the geometry of the seat tracks.

The 'ways' of the sport seats are:
Front/Back
Up/Down
Recline F/B
Seat Back bolsters Narrow/Wide
Lumbar In/Out
Lumbar Up/Down
Manual thigh support extension.

These are the same seats that are standard in the Quad but with perf. leather instead of Alcantara. These seats are very comfortable for the several long trips (2hr+) we have taken yet beautifully supportive when I autocrossed the car with the Alfa Club.
Depending on your point of view they are either very supportive or confining. Think of a baseball in a catchers mitt: you're the baseball.
We also got the optional leather for dash and doors (this is standard on Quad and Lusso) and are very happy we coughed up the extra $1k as it really gives the car a luxury feel. Leather quality is mid range like what you'd find on a basic Natuzzi chair. It isn't the full grain vat-dyed leather you find in a Maserati.
For 2017 the Quadrifoglio seats have 2 more ways than the Sport seats, so they are not the same:
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/pdf/giulia-quadrifoglio/2017_AR_Giulia_FA.pdf

The description of the 2017 Sport seat might be the same as for 2018:

6 way power + 4 way power lumbar + 2 way bolsters (12 way). This is consistent with what you said about your sport seats.

Car and Driver mentions power thigh support as the additional ways on the QV seats.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I think he's referring to the basic "sculpted" form of the seats.....

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I have the base seats and being 6'8" I am surprised that I am pretty comfortable in the seat and still have room to go back. i wished I had the TI sport seats though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Lusso owner here and I love the luxurious seats. The Lusso light wood package was more important to me than the sport package.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Lusso owner here and I love the luxurious seats. The Lusso light wood package was more important to me than the sport package.
Ditto.:smile2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts