Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New here. I have done lots of searching and haven't come across anything on this forum about how the Alfa's crema is holding up. Hope I didn't miss it.

I am still trying to plan out my order. Really torn between a MonteCarlo Blue with light lusso crema or a Vesuvio Grey with Black interior. I know the black interior would be more practical and easier to keep clean, but the blue/crema is such a beautiful color combo. Never having had a light interior before, how bad would it be? I would plan on changing out floor mats for black with the crema. For those that have the crema, any staining?

I live in a hot sunny climate, but with the black dash top, not sure the color will do anything for me other brighten the interior some.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Some thoughts....I really like the Blue / Crema pairing but I think the challenge re: wear is the lower third of the interior...Specifically carpets, lower door cards,door sills, center console, etc...I think Alfa should have matched the Crema seats with Crema door inserts (Middle of the door, not close to feet) and to a carpet matching the exterior color (Monte Blue rugs in your case and Monte Blue center console and lower door cards, or a dark grey combo for a Gray exterior car, etc)....I think that the light carpets, door sills, door cards, console, will look pretty beat up after a few years....JMHO...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
In fact, I had a Maserati Cambio Coupe a few years back with that combo....But the Maser had the dark blue carpets, sills, door cards, etc....

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've had the creama interior for 4000 miles now...

Driver seat is blueish from my jeans. The center console is dingy from resting my arm there and the carpets...forget about it, very dirty.

The leather was easy to clean and get back to new but the carpets are stained badly. I need to change them before they get worse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I got the Cilajet treatment for my interior, and the rubber all-weather floor mats. I've only had the car 3 weeks now, so I can't say how well the treatment protects, but it's supposed to not only protect, but make it easier to clean. With our weather here in Idaho, carpet-only just doesn't work. The black rubber all-weather mats work great and look good.

I'm planning on just being diligent about cleaning the interior often. The look of the Crema interior is so good, hopefully I can keep it looking that way.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
I have the Crema and rubber floor mats are a must. (I live in Alabama and I stay away from black.)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine seems to wearing fine. I replaced the floor mats early with black ones and they fit into the interior scheme just fine.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Been There Done That....NEVER Again....

I feel for you guys with the Crema interior....frankly for me...one of the best looking in the line-up...as long as you put seat-covers on it:grin2:
I had an Oyster & Piano Black interior on one of my BMW's and it was really elegant & sporty at the same time....and you did not see many at the time....and I realized later why.....kept the car for three years...and the in and out was brutal on the color....even having it detailed & treated....
just such a light interior for normal use....not about being hard on it.....
BUT when it's clean....nuthin better:grin2:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have 7 months and 3800 miles on my crema interior. To me, black interiors look like the inside of a coal mine and living in Florida the light interior stays a lot cooler. No problems with seats or door panels. I was planning on replacing the floor mats but I found that I can get all the stains out with carpet cleaner, a hose, and scrub brush. Nylon carpeting is pretty tough.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
With 17 years of Dark Green on Black in a convertible none the less, I say go for it. Every day you sit in traffic in a black interior car, especially in the hot sun, you will regret not having a lighter interior. The black on the dash is practical for anti glare. Treat it well and take care of it. For the seats and lower portions in crema, treat it with a stain guard and get a good rubber mat or replacement floor mat to take the hard beating. With these modern chemical treatments it should be worth while. This was a major concern for me in ordering my Quad. But guess what? The Quad has actual White in the Ice package! But luckily it is only in the lower dash trim and door inserts, nowhere near the floors. My only regret here is the lack of colored stitching on the steering wheel. I suppose green would have been OK but the white would have gotten dirty pretty quickly. And remember Cremona and Parma are just a short hop from Cassino so anything "Parmalat" or dairy related is OK. ;) It's good for you. Now go order a plate of baked gnocchi with Fontina, Mozzarella and garlic butter sauce. Whisper to yourself "Cremaaaaaah" after you swallow your first morsel. Yum. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Two months in with Vesuvio / Crema and no signs of distress. Will be treating the leather with a Griots product very soon as a preventative. The light carpets are a concern though as winter approaches. For the time being I applied sticky-back carpet protector in the footwells. Tacky looking it is, but will do 'til the Weathertech mats become available. But oh those Autopreme mats!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Or spray the carpet with Dupont stain guard or the like. Also, any Alfredo sauce will work on the pasta too. ;)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
"Crema" :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,469 Posts
The Crema interior in my wife's Stelvio has held up well, and she has not babied it.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Mine still looks perfect after 3 years with almost 0 effort required.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Same here. 29 months. Still perfect with essentially zero care. Go figure...

Reactions: wingler
1 - 19 of 19 Posts