Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As temperatures have dropped and remained low I have noticed some new (perhaps just increased?) sounds and sensations. Are any of you experiencing the below? What other things?

• Sunroof or headliner rattle
• Stiff rotary knob and sluggish response
• Heated seats and steering wheel must be activated manually
• Still no traction control or AWD indication

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
1: Don't have it as I don't have a sunroof

2: Don't have it, and the climate control turning knobs are meant to have a delayed visual response from what I've read -- I have it in all weather

3: Which car is automatic? I have never been in a car which put on steering wheel or seat heaters automatically when it's cold, though it's an idea. Not a feature of the Giulia that I knew of

4: As we cannot turn off TCS, I don't think they intended on showing us when it was 'active' or not. This is not a fault of the car, but a design -- same goes for AWD system. (Maybe you didn't mean these as problems, sorry if I misunderstand)

I find the steering wheel squeaks a little when I just start it up and turn out of the driveway, and that's it. For a 4-cyl car, the interior warms up noticeably quickly and I am impressed. I turn off the steering wheel heater and seats after around 5-7 minutes. I drove the car in -4F the other day for the first time. Other than that, it has been 1-3F for the past week in the mornings for me.

Max

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rotary knob I meant is the large one in the center of the console that controls many of the car's functions. The center stack climate control knobs seem as before.

Funny you mention the steering wheel squeak. I haven't heard it in a couple of months. It will probably return when the weather warms.

Now I need to find a way to keep my Sno Brum from rattling. May just leave it in the trunk unless I know the car will be parked outside during snowfall.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The rotary knob I meant is the large one in the center of the console that controls many of the car's functions. The center stack climate control knobs seem as before.

Funny you mention the steering wheel squeak. I haven't heard it in a couple of months. It will probably return when the weather warms.

Now I need to find a way to keep my Sno Brum from rattling. May just leave it in the trunk unless I know the car will be parked outside during snowfall.
Sno Brum to clear snow off car? I have one in a plastic garbage bag just behind the drivers seat, doesn't really move around ... I also have a huge traffic cone to reserve my parking spot at school when I leave (LOL) and a small shovel in my trunk

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sno Brum to clear snow off car? I have one in a plastic garbage bag just behind the drivers seat, doesn't really move around ... I also have a huge traffic cone to reserve my parking spot at school when I leave (LOL) and a small shovel in my trunk
Glad your Brum doesn't rattle. The handle seemed to be the primary offender in my case.

Dare I ask how much respect your traffic cone receives?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, roof rattle

Nope, steering wheel and seat heaters do not come on automatically. Ironically, the 2015 Jeep (also an FCA product) we had did have those come on automatically in the cold.

Yes, occasionally steering wheel (and brake) squeak.

Still love this car, though!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Maybe you should delete the cone mention....

I read in the manual that with a certain degree of coldness the seat heaters and heated wheel are supposed to come on with remote start. (Of course maybe I was just dreaming I read that!)

Glad to be back in Los Angeles from Cleveland....

There’s the dash squeak/rattle on bumpy roads I haven’t gotten around to resolving yet.....

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe you should delete the cone mention....
Why?

I read in the manual that with a certain degree of coldness the seat heaters and heated wheel are supposed to come on with remote start. (Of course maybe I was just dreaming I read that!)
I read it to. And believed it for a while.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The service guys recognize it is logged at the factory as an issue to be addressed. What the solution will be is up for discussion.

Another thing I noticed yesterday is the auto off and on feature seemed to take a vacation, matter the dna setting. A cold weather nuance I dont realize? Dont know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oddball low temp effects

When the temps dropped into the low teens and single digits, I noticed the following:

- rear camera would stay on after shifting into Drive and driving for a short bit before reverting back to normal screen
- remote start stopped working

Strange, but seem to be related to low temps.
Car is garaged.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Single digit mornings in PA.
Upon first start, engine noises are louder. Perhaps the direct injector (DI) dwell is longer to compensate for the extra fuel required for the extra cold temps. Quiets (goes back to normal) after about a minute of slow driving.
Small brake squeak that occurs under light braking and then disappears after just a few stops.
No other issues.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've noticed my low oil light indicator go on when the temperature drops below 15 degrees. After driving the car around and warming it up it eventually goes off. Next time I go into the dealership I will mention it as it may require a sensor replacement.

·
Registered
449 Posts
For me, just a little steering wheel turning squeak. Of course, the requisite need to clean off the sensors in front!
Love the way Giulia handles in the Chicago weather!

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes on the roof panel rattle.
I have not tested to see if it does it with the sunscreen in closed position. i leave mine open all the time

Rotary knob ok, response is slow. The fact that turning the temperature knob merly "activates" the ability to change it with further turning is a bit annoying too

my heated wheel/seat also does not come on with remote starter. What the what?

Traction control "active" lights are an idea from the 1990's. It no more important to know that your ABS turned on. However, there should be an off switch for getting unstuck from snow, and track use

·
Registered
449 Posts
AR support concluded my case saying the remote start operating the steering wheel and seat heaters is not a fact. (Despite what the salesman and the manual say).

Also, ACP is not yet scheduled for release.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Dash contact with the instrument cluster is starting to sound like a giger counter at full alert, at certain temps and around 30 MPH. (Still being patient/busy to bring it in)....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts