Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have a rhd 2.0 MAir and require new seals to/from the secondary coolant reservoir due to loss of fluids. Apparently, the turbo cooling reservoir. It has't affected performance so far although I haven't done any long distance since discovery a day or so ago. Not even 10,000 kms on the car. Sounds like it might be a generic problem requiring a recall as it seems I am not alone.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I have a rhd 2.0 MAir and require new seals to/from the secondary coolant reservoir due to loss of fluids. Apparently, the turbo cooling reservoir. It has't affected performance so far although I haven't done any long distance since discovery a day or so ago. Not even 10,000 kms on the car. Sounds like it might be a generic problem requiring a recall as it seems I am not alone.
It is, from already quite some time ago ;) :
o-ring replacement.pdf

·
Registered
501 Posts
Whatever engineer decided to develop a new antifreeze that would gel when mixed with any old antifreeze should be fired. What was the purpose of that? This is worse than apple changing the charging cable to be incompatible with older ones.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A lot of Fiat-Chrysler cars had to deal with this. Lots of Jeep Wrangler folks screwed up their cooling system adding the wrong formula, including a lot of dealers. Bottom line, watch what you or anyone else adds to your system. Make sure you add OAT formula stuff. Should be Mopar dealer stock. They use a lot of it. I only wish they kept the dye consistent. It seems to vary by world region.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
855 Posts
More specific than OAT...

A lot of Fiat-Chrysler cars had to deal with this. Lots of Jeep Wrangler folks screwed up their cooling system adding the wrong formula, including a lot of dealers. Bottom line, watch what you or anyone else adds to your system. Make sure you add OAT formula stuff. Should be Mopar dealer stock. They use a lot of it. I only wish they kept the dye consistent. It seems to vary by world region.
... see the details in thc Coolant/Fluids thread:

https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/...scussion/33762-engine-coolant.html#post558898

Mopar Purple is the best value. I used the Ravenol Concentrate at 50% dilution.

Hope to help,

·
Registered
859 Posts
It’s not the line, looks to be the valve that connects the two line, it just started.. have any clue on the costs . Seem to be a easy replacement. I’ve replaced a lot harder on my M5 lol
Correct but if I recall correctly, Alfa only sells the whole line with the valve.

If you search on here (and it isn’t under warranty) I believe some people have just replaced the line with aftermarket and not bothered with the valve at all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Correct but if I recall correctly, Alfa only sells the whole line with the valve.

If you search on here (and it isn’t under warranty) I believe some people have just replaced the line with aftermarket and not bothered with the valve at all.

I ordered the line and it’s nationally back ordered for 30 days.. just have to wait for it to come.. that valve must be faulty if it’s on back order

Thanks

·
Registered
859 Posts

41 - 51 of 51 Posts