Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
As a long time Alfisti, I'm curious what triggered the previous two posters to buy/lease Alfa ? Feedback please.....D

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have shared this story a lot lately ...a bit.long, but...When I was in High School my dream car was an Alfa Romeo Spider. The year my brother started at The Citadel, my Dad became absolutely convinced that the Citadel Alma Mater was to the tune of Oh Christmas Tree. He was emphatic. He would read the words to the tune...it ALMOST fit...I disagreed with him over this many times but he would not relent. Finally one night after a few martinis he said,"I will bet you ANYTHING It is to the tune of Oh Christmas Tree." Maybe I took advantage, but I said, "ok...how about an Alfa Romeo." He agreed to the bet! I had it in writing!!
Eventually we went to the Citadel and heard the song...not even close. We looked at each other and laughed. I tried to hold him to the bet but he said he would rather pay for my college. If course I am thankful for that but COME ON!!! AN Alfa Romeo!!!
I was always surprised when this story resurfaced. Everyone remembered that Dad "owed" me an Alfa Romeo. Even when Mom was delerious in the hospital it came up! One day she asked me if I had seen my father today (He passed away 3 years ago) and then smiled and said, "oh, did you get your Australian Romero?" But I know what she meant.
Well, now both have passed away and their life's savings have been passed to us. I felt it very fitting to make sure Dad never welched on a bet. I also am a strong supporter of " Life is short...do something that brings you joy when the occasion arises." Line of thinking. So, to make a long story an explanation for a crazy fun decision...I bought my dream car as anothernconnection to my parents. And I am really pulling for this company!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well, now both have passed away and their life's savings have been passed to us.
So, to make a long story an explanation for a crazy fun decision...I bought my dream car as anothernconnection to my parents. And I am really pulling for this company!
Great story, thanks. And...same thing here. After Mom passed away last year she left me with enough to feel comfortable to buy a QV. And I got a custom plate to honor her, too. Yeah, I love my Giulia too! Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Nancyslat
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.