Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here from or living in Louisiana? I know we had a dealer which abruptly closed. Just wanted to reach out and also pick your brains as far as servicing goes. I got my Giulia out of Houston...praying it won’t need any warranty work lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m in Shreveport area. We actually bought ours in Dallas when Landers was only selling 2017’s at sticker because they were getting out of the Alfa business. If you are up in this area, which I’m thinking maybe not if you went to Houston, I had a good experience at Gregg Orr Alfa in Shreveport when I was their first Alfa service customer after CEL came on in my car. They didn’t have any loaners since they had literally just opened up the Alfa dealership but gave me rides both ways and had it fixed with some software updates in a few hours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m in Shreveport area. We actually bought ours in Dallas when Landers was only selling 2017’s at sticker because they were getting out of the Alfa business. If you are up in this area, which I’m thinking maybe not if you went to Houston, I had a good experience at Gregg Orr Alfa in Shreveport when I was their first Alfa service customer after CEL came on in my car. They didn’t have any loaners since they had literally just opened up the Alfa dealership but gave me rides both ways and had it fixed with some software updates in a few hours.
I responded in my other thread, I’m in New Orleans. It’s really odd though...if you go on Alfa USA website and look for dealers in LA, there are none. Have you been to Greg Orr recently? I know Crescent City/Ray Brandt Alfa closed without warning in February. Not sure what’s going on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I responded in my other thread, I’m in New Orleans. It’s really odd though...if you go on Alfa USA website and look for dealers in LA, there are none. Have you been to Greg Orr recently? I know Crescent City/Ray Brandt Alfa closed without warning in February. Not sure what’s going on.
Gregg Orr only opened in the last month or two so yeah, it’s been recent. I see them listed on the AR website. I feel like Landers up here got out of AR because they didn’t know how to sell them amidst the Ram trucks and Jeep’s. When we went to drive one, they couldnt even get most of them to start due to dead batteries. They were all covered in dust too. Uncertain of who would service it and unwilling to pay sticker for a 2017 in December of 2018 when 2019’s were out, we were leaning towards a used Volvo. The salesman at Gregg Orr told us they were getting the franchise giving us the confidence to go ahead and buy one but we couldn’t wait for them to have them available so we went to Dallas. They have them with Maserati and sell higher end cars at their other dealerships here so I’m hoping they’ll stick around.

I do love visiting NOLA so if you ever see a silver stone Ti sport down there, might be us. ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey, just saw this post. I'm from Shreveport also, but I occasionally do get to New Orleans. Bought our 17 new in Feb 18. No issues at all except 2 software updates and free dealer 10k oil change. Have seen several other alfas running around town. Actually saw a black QV headed north on Youree Dr. last week. P.M. me with your contact info and I'll give a call

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump for meeting new Alfa owners around the city.

My meetings/sightings so far:
  • There is a guy from Denham Springs with a 2017 vesuvio gray QV. Talked to him on FB
  • Saw a white QV leaving NOLA cars and coffee last week. Spoke to him briefly at a traffic light.
  • Spotted a vesuvio gray Giulia Lusso in New Orleans. We both were on S Claiborne and got on I-10 west. Gave him a thumbs up.
  • There is a white Giulia base parked on St Charles near Audubon Park.
  • I’ve also spotted a red Giulia base in uptown New Orleans between Magazine and Tchoup near the Tchoup Yard
  • Met a 2018 4C owner this past weekend at NOLA cars and coffee. He is an instructor at NOLA motorsports Park.
  • Met a guy from New Orleans with a 2018 Stelvio and a 2015 4C a month ago at a NOLA Car Show meet.
Seems like there is a good contingent of LA Alfa Owners, just have no clue how to find and/or get in touch with them all. I joined the Alfa Owners Club and technically belong to the Deep South Alfa Chapter, but they don’t seem to do a whole lot or keep in touch. Hmm...

·
Registered
'17 Giulia Q2 TI Sport - Rosso Competizione
4 Posts
Anyone here from or living in Louisiana? I know we had a dealer which abruptly closed. Just wanted to reach out and also pick your brains as far as servicing goes. I got my Giulia out of Houston...praying it won’t need any warranty work lol.
I live on the West end of the Mississippi Gulf Coast (Bay St. Louis, MS) and work in NOLA. There is one other Alfa Stelvio owner in my neighborhood. We are serviced by Alfa Romeo Pensacola Alfa Romeo Pensacola | Alfa Romeo Dealer near Mobile, AL. (Stepone automotive group). The service manager there is Charles Drivas and they can provide home pick-up servicing and loaner car delivery to the region.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
220 Posts
@Hella06 I'm in D’Iberville let me know when you're over this way. Saw my first Stelvio on the street last week. Does the Pensacola dealer now have a location in Mobile?

·
Registered
'17 Giulia Q2 TI Sport - Rosso Competizione
4 Posts
Hey Kefurr, I always pass through that way 1-2 times monthly on weekends visiting going back to my HT O.S. and visiting my folks in Gautier. I was over there Gautier, BLX, GPT today, maybe we can get together when I'm on the coast. To my knowledge there is no AR dealer in Mobile or to the East who offers service ,just the one I stated in Pensacola/Ft. Walton Beach.

Check PM, shoot me a contact and i'll forward you the service manager's card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts