Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Newbie to this forum. Took delivery of my Q2 Giulia Veloce (Australian Model) about 7 weeks ago. I noticed a fairly annoying static noise from the driver side (Right side for us here in Oz) as soon as there is electric power to the car since yesterday. The noise is the kind you hear when there is no reception from a poor TV or radio reception. It is at 80 db at my ear level and it is fairly loud. I have disconnected by iPhone 6 and turned the radio/entertainment off and it still persists. In fact, the noise is there all the time until I exit the car and wait for the electronics to go into sleep mode (20s delay function). It is only on the main speaker and not on the tweeter (it is the upgrade Harmon Kardon system). Not sure if the speaker is damaged. I am tempted to remove the **** speaker cover just to have a look. Anyone with similar problems?

Apart from that, car has been fine. :nerd:

OppyLock :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can somoone on this forum please post a photo of where the amplifier is? I have searched previous threads and the photos are not there anymore. Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to hear.

MacGeek, is the battery always placed on the right-hand side? I'm wondering if our Aussie Giulias aren't quite as well balanced? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dealer fixed it with a new amp and appropriate housing. Water was leaking in through the left rear tailgate light inadequate seal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts