Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HK Radio and Nav on the 8.8" LED. Had 3 instances of the following:

1) Lost Radio presets for FM stations only, Kept the Sat presets just fine (twice)
2) Lost Radio Favorites twice, all were Sirius Sat presets
3) Lost Phone Favorites twice, selected them through my Contacts list by Adding to Favorites

Radio presets/Favorites vanished after 1-3 weeks in those two instances
Phone Favorites have vanished in about 1 week

Battery continuously connected, no trouble codes being reported, etc.

Anyone else seeing weirdness with the presets/Favorites?

BTW, I also reported the failed voice dialing with Apple IOS iPhone 5/6/7 which is on other postings on this Forum. Dials +1 and then 7 digits, forgetting the Area Code. Some numbers can be dialed. haven't found a pattern. Have reported it to AR.

Ciao, C:confused::confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had this problem too. I thought it might have been because my wrist was hitting the control knob while I was driving with out realizing it, but I started being conscious about it and it still happened, so I don't think that's the issue.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I, too, lost all radio settings once (AM/FM but not Sat) and when voice dialing I also lose the area code.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I accused my wife of messing with my presets. I guess I need to apologize.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Glad to see i'm not the only one. I posted a similar thread literally this afternoon.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just lost mine for the second time yesterday. Pain - yes. Should it be happening on a $50,000 car - no. But other than the preset issue, I've had 1500 miles of trouble free driving since I got the car in February. So, seeing what some others are going through, I'll take the preset issue.

·
Registered
296 Posts
How many presets do you have?

The reason I ask is I picked up my QV yesterday and it has 7 presets.
Yes - 7.

The software version on mine is newer than the other cars at the dealer and those have 6.
Hopefully they fixed the issue with the presets evaporating when they made the improvement.

Now what I want is CarPlay...

·
Registered
343 Posts
How many presets do you have?

The reason I ask is I picked up my QV yesterday and it has 7 presets.
Yes - 7.

The software version on mine is newer than the other cars at the dealer and those have 6.
Hopefully they fixed the issue with the presets evaporating when they made the improvement.

Now what I want is CarPlay...
You actually have a lot more than 7. Seven show up under the preset buttons, but in favorites you can add a bunch more stations. I think I have 20 saved right now. When you want one, you just hit favorites and scroll to the one you want. You can even arrange them in any order you want. As for carplay, everything I can do with siri on my iPhone also works through the cars bluetooth (except an actually nav map) But you can still get turn by turn directions through the cars audio system via bluetooth if you don't want to use the Nav in the car. I've never had carplay, so I don't know what else it can do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts