Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I’ve been repairing a crash damaged Giulia. The car is mostly done externally. This car was really expensive to fix and parts were definitely not cheap. It has gone way over budget but honestly I like the car a lot and will probably keep it for a while so not too bothered about that. I’m considering saving some money and having a go at replacing the dashboard myself. I’ve seen dashboards replaced before and have a rough idea of what to do. I understand that the airbag module will need to be reset and thanks to @shpuncik I already know what eprom will be inside.

Anyway has anyone ever replaced a dash on this? If so would Seats need to be removed Aswell and would you say it’s a 2 man job?

If there is a step by step out there somewhere that would be really good, my main concern is I don’t want to damage any clips/trims when replacing. Thanks again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. Thanks fo the input. I was looking at this guys channel. He already took out the dash when he started the video and first seem to have finished the project yet. Hasn’t uploaded anything in a while.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Guessing no one has experience with this then?
I've had dozens of dashboards out but never on a Giulia...that being said, there is nothing special about it....follow the service procedure or just go at it and start taking things apart...either way if your mechanically inclined you will be fine....
the most imp[important part is to disconnect the battery and keep track of all the fasteners...separating them left to right makes it a bit easier...everything that comes out of the left side, leave on the left side floor..and same for the right side...

If you need the procedure, I can probably post it for you

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I've had dozens of dashboards out but never on a Giulia...that being said, there is nothing special about it....follow the service procedure or just go at it and start taking things apart...either way if your mechanically inclined you will be fine....
the most imp[important part is to disconnect the battery and keep track of all the fasteners...separating them left to right makes it a bit easier...everything that comes out of the left side, leave on the left side floor..and same for the right side...

Phones make photos easy and inexpensive...use them.

Reactions: Ballistic87

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

If it’s not too much hassle that would be amazing. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If it’s not too much hassle that would be amazing. Thank you.

start with the PDF file named "general " the steps are numbered according to how they are presented in that file so you can look at each one as you need it ..that procedure gets the dash cover off, the carrier assy PDF will get the whole dash itself out of the car...but I do not think you are going that far...

some of the procedure is common sense so I didn't include every single step...if there isa particular step your not sure of let me know and Ill upload it..its hard to put everything in one file due to the way its laid out online...meaning everything is on a different page and linked in different areas of the service info .

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
start with the PDF file named "general " the steps are numbered according to how they are presented in that file so you can look at each one as you need it ..that procedure gets the dash cover off, the carrier assy PDF will get the whole dash itself out of the car...but I do not think you are going that far...

some of the procedure is common sense so I didn't include every single step...if there isa particular step your not sure of let me know and Ill upload it..its hard to put everything in one file due to the way its laid out online...meaning everything is on a different page and linked in different areas of the service info .
Thanks for this. I really appreciate it. If I get it done myself il be saving around 4-500 gbp. Il has a look over it later tonight. 👍👍👍

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thanks for this. I really appreciate it. If I get it done myself il be saving around 4-500 gbp. Il has a look over it later tonight. 👍👍👍
no worries..and like I said, if there is any steps that I missed that you need, just let me know and Ill get them and post it

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If by that he meant in future take pictures when you do a dash, it wasn’t very respectable way of asking 😂🤷‍♂️
Nope, what I am saying is ANYTIME I take anything apart that I’m having to put back together, I take pictures. They cost nothing but a couple of seconds and have saved me much hassle! Don’t need them afterwards, delete them...but when you are sitting there wondering if red or white connects to that terminal, you can look and see.

Reactions: Ballistic87

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no worries..and like I said, if there is any steps that I missed that you need, just let me know and Ill get them and post it
Just had a quick look, Looks like you have posted the wrong speaker for step 2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts