Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I think I am ready to pull the trigger on a Vesuvio Grey Quadrifoglio. Not sure if I want to go with the light or dark 5 hole wheels. I like the dark, I just don't want them to be 'Black'. I am currently driving a 2011 Audi S5 and it has been a great car, but the girlfriends son and daughter have a **** of a time to getting into the back seat, so I need 4 doors. Well that is what I am using as my excuse for this upgrade :grin2:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hehe, the dark 5 holes are gunmetal gray. I ordered the brights. Ka-chow! ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Vesuvio Grey....go with the dark wheels! (IMO)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a Vesuvio Gray QV... I went with the dark. I think that's just the way to go on things such as these. They definitely aren't black. They're gray for sure.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Picked up with Gunmetal 5 hole:

Swapped to Silver Technica Wheels: (I like the contrast Personally)

The good thing, the car looks fantastic either way! Its a nice color that displays the subtle curves well.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

I put dark 5-hole wheels on my blue Ti. It came with bright 10-spoke wheels.

The wheels are not 'black', but sure look black most of the time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
xgapx

I'd go with Vesuvio Grey, amazing color. I'm also a sucker for the Gunmetal colors. I loved that color on the Volvo S60R's, although mine was black. I'm up in Sacramento, when you purchase yours let me know I would be interested to see one in the flesh. For some reason the dealer here in Sac doesn't have any on the lot.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xgapx

I'd go with Vesuvio Grey, amazing color. I'm also a sucker for the Gunmetal colors. I loved that color on the Volvo S60R's, although mine was black. I'm up in Sacramento, when you purchase yours let me know I would be interested to see one in the flesh. For some reason the dealer here in Sac doesn't have any on the lot.
I will be in contact. I am working with Cartelligent to either find or order a QV that meets my specs. Hopefully it will not be too long.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just saw this last night while looking on Sac Alfa Romeo website. This wasnt here a few days ago. VG Quad with the carbon fiber race seats...

http://alfaromeo.niello.com/details...omeo_Giulia_Quadrifoglio&stock=A1059&id=97680
I saw that one as well. It is very close, except for the seats. I prefer the standard seats with all of the power adjustments. I sat in the QV with the carbon fiber seats at Stevens Creek, not sure how comfortable they would be on a long drive (Napa or Tahoe for a weekend) :smile2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a black QV with dark 5-hole and I would say go with the dark, they never look black to me.

I'm in the Bay Area as well and so far I've only seen a white base Giulia in the wild. Have you seen any QV's outside of the dealerships?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi all, I think I am ready to pull the trigger on a Vesuvio Grey Quadrifoglio. Not sure if I want to go with the light or dark 5 hole wheels. I like the dark, I just don't want them to be 'Black'. I am currently driving a 2011 Audi S5 and it has been a great car, but the girlfriends son and daughter have a **** of a time to getting into the back seat, so I need 4 doors. Well that is what I am using as my excuse for this upgrade :grin2:
I'm also leaning towards the Vesuvio Grey when I do decide to pull the trigger. I'd go with the silver wheels, regular brakes and regular seats. There's a grey one at our local dealer in Cary, NC but it has the dark wheels, CCB and Sparco seats.
http://www.alfaromeoofcary.com/new/Alfa+Romeo/2017-Alfa+Romeo-Giulia-41d424750a0e0ae965f9dd84d91ac867.htm

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I have a black QV with dark 5-hole and I would say go with the dark, they never look black to me.

I'm in the Bay Area as well and so far I've only seen a white base Giulia in the wild. Have you seen any QV's outside of the dealerships?
Yes, At AJ's Auto Detailing, there was a silverstone QV.... Beautiful car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, my Cartelligent agent has placed the order with her dealer contact, unfortunately the QV is not eligible for the FCA Affiliate Rewards. Now starts the long wait.

·
Registered
120 Posts
xgapx

How does the Cartelligent process work? I assume this is a car buying service where they do all the leg work for you? Do they have a premium added for their services?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
xgapx

How does the Cartelligent process work? I assume this is a car buying service where they do all the leg work for you? Do they have a premium added for their services?
They have a few options available, A free service for advice. The basic service for 295 and they deal with the dealer. A Premium service where they get you the car you want, take care of a trade in and do the finaceing (2.79 for 60 months, 3.49 for 72 months was what I was quoted) for 495. The Luxury service the will deliver and pick up your trade in for 995.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome :)

I put dark 5-hole wheels on my blue Ti. It came with bright 10-spoke wheels.

The wheels are not 'black', but sure look black most of the time.
This makes me wonder if the Quad would look nice with the bright trim.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts