Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been several threads on music, but I love driving this car with the top open and windows down listening to a lesser known (typically) great song at high volume. Below are some of mine, but I’m aways looking for more, so please post yours.
  • Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene - Hozier
  • Burn the House Down - AJR
  • Saw Lighting - Beck
  • In One Ear - Cage the Elephant
  • Fishies - The Cat Empire
  • Ring the Bell - JohnnySwim
  • Fire Walker - Shannon LaBrie
  • Way Down We Go - Kaleo
  • Hotel Yorba - The White Stripe
  • Legendary - Welshly Arms
  • Bridge to Canada - Noisettes
  • Out the Back Door - Jesca Hoop
  • Dig - Joyeur

Reactions: Triumph23

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Happy Organ - Dave "Baby" Cortez

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Ghost Song- The Doors
Blue Train- John Coltrane (entire album)
Soundtrack to 1968 film Bullitt
Entre Dos Aguas- Paco De Lucia
Riviera Paradise- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Φθινοπωρινός Δρόμος- Σταύρος Ξαρχάκος

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Ghost Song- The Doors
Blue Train- John Coltrane (entire album)
Soundtrack to 1968 film Bullitt
Entre Dos Aguas- Paco De Lucia
Riviera Paradise- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Φθινοπωρινός Δρόμος- Σταύρος Ξαρχάκος
I was lucky enough to see SRV live in a small venue in Joplin Mo in 1987 just when he was really gaining popularity. It wasn’t even sold out. He is a legend and it was a terrible loss to the music world!

·
Registered
599 Posts
The Last Song - the All-American Rejects
Gold dust woman - Fleetwood mac
Cry for you - the flashers brothers
Higher ground - odesza
Ghost - the acid

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Some may be known but these are my top songs I like to play to get upto speed or just chill while cruising.

Highway Star - Deep Purple
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Holy Diver - Dio/ Rainbow
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
She Wolf - Megadeth
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
Ceremony - Joe Satriani ( start the song at stop light, hit the pedal at 50 seconds when the song truly kicks off)
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
I wanna be somebody - WASP
Walk - Pantera
The four horsemen - Metallica
Song 2 - Blur
Come as you are - Nirvana
Where the river flows - Collective Soul
Tornado of souls - Megadeth
Be quick or be dead - Iron Maiden
Leather Rebel - Judas Priest
Rock hard ride free - Judas Priest
For the love of God - Steve Vai (when I just want to chill).
Wasted years - Iron Maiden
Don't tell me - Van Halen
Feelin' - Van Halen
Cupid' dead - Extreme
Symptom of the universe - Black Sabbath
Coming back to life - Pink Floyd
Parallel Universe - Red hot chili peppers (I feel like where I am driving the Alfa GQV).

That's it ... for now. Rock on.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Hot Rod Lincoln--pick your artist.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some may be known but these are my top songs I like to play to get upto speed or just chill while cruising.

Highway Star - Deep Purple
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Holy Diver - Dio/ Rainbow
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
She Wolf - Megadeth
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
Ceremony - Joe Satriani ( start the song at stop light, hit the pedal at 50 seconds when the song truly kicks off)
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
I wanna be somebody - WASP
Walk - Pantera
The four horsemen - Metallica
Song 2 - Blur
Come as you are - Nirvana
Where the river flows - Collective Soul
Tornado of souls - Megadeth
Be quick or be dead - Iron Maiden
Leather Rebel - Judas Priest
Rock hard ride free - Judas Priest
For the love of God - Steve Vai (when I just want to chill).
Wasted years - Iron Maiden
Don't tell me - Van Halen
Feelin' - Van Halen
Cupid' dead - Extreme
Symptom of the universe - Black Sabbath
Coming back to life - Pink Floyd
Parallel Universe - Red hot chili peppers (I feel like where I am driving the Alfa GQV).

That's it ... for now. Rock on.
Being the axehead you appear to be, I’m surprised there is no Steve Morse. I should add Tumeni Notes to my playlist, what a great guitar tune.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Being the axehead you appear to be, I’m surprised there is no Steve Morse. I should add Tumeni Notes to my playlist, what a great guitar tune.
There is Steve Morse and a lot more, I just got bored of typing! :p:cool:

Reactions: AlfaLarreo

·
Registered
382 Posts
The Floating Men - Small country-folk-rock band from middle Tennessee. Hard to find much about them, they never really hit it big, which to me is one of the greatest modern tragedies. I don't know if I have the ability to explain them properly and do them justice. I feel bad trying to pick some of thier songs over the others, but the albums Song Of The Wind In The Pines, and Lemon Pie are among the best examples of Americana songwriting ever, full stop, end of discussion, you can fight me about it.

AFI - One of my favorite bands, if not the, other than The Floating Men. I have a tattoo of one of thier album covers, Sing The Sorrow. It's a brooding, dark, and goth as fuck punk-rock jam. Think of a guy with long, black hair and wearing eyeliner while wearing lots of black and writing sad, melodramatic poetry. Now give that guy a BEAUTIFUL voice and make him singer of a punk band. The lyrics read like classical poetry that'll make you reach for a thesaurus, and the instrumentation and composition are dark, heavy, aggressive, harsh, and brooding. It clashes and argues and screams in rage and hate at the cruel world. What's amazing about AFI, though, is that they evolve with every release. They didn't find a niche and stay comfortable there. Crash Love maintains Davey Havok's mopey and melodramatic lyrics and singing, but it's all wrapped up in a glamorous, airy, poppy, and streamlined pop-punk-rock flair. It takes the idea of a relationship that's going sour and coats it in a thick layer of glitter and tongue-in-cheek cynicism.

Rotting Christ - My personal favorite is Thier Greatest Spells (greatest hits/30th anniversary) album. They're a Greek death metal band that's been around for a long time. Key tracks: In Yumen-Xibalba, Ἐλθὲ κύριε (Elthe Kyrie), and Serve In Heaven.

Little Big - Russian dance/electronic group. Lots of fun. Key tracks: SKIBIDI, Go Bananas, Rock-Paper-Scissors, Hypno Dancer, and Farandanza.

The Killers - Hot Fuss album. Everyone knows this one for Mr. Brightside, which overshadows what is a great album start to finish. Smooth, graceful, and occaisionally funky pop-rock.

Ghost - All of it. They haven't made a bad tune yet. Sexy and groovy Satan metal, wrapped up in a poppy, dancy, 70's/80's rock vibe. Key tracks - Rats, Square Hammer, Dance Macabre, He Is, and Bible.

In This Moment - Darkly sexy metal. Maria Brink can fuckin' sing. My favorite album is Ritual, which includes a spine tickling cover of In The Air Tonight.

Mudvayne - Ryan Martinie is one of the all time great bass gods. This is not negotible. Key Tracks - Scream With Me, Dig, Not Falling, Forget To Remember, Happy?, and Do What You Do.

Trivium - Fantastic power/thrash/melodic metal. Haven't made a bad album, even if there are a few songs that fall a bit flat compared to the rest. Key tracks - Shogun (the whole album), Like Light To The Flies, Beyond Oblivion, and The Sin And The Sentance.

Rammstein - All of it. Key tracks - yes.

Lindemann - Rammstein's lead singer's (Till Lindemann) side project. Same as above.

A Perfect Circle - Passive.

Other bands I like to drive to - Slipknot, Powerwolf, Gloryhammer, Amaranthe, Avatar, Bush, Chevelle.

@Triumph23 Where The River Flows by Collective Soul is one of the best guitar riffs ever written.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The Floating Men - Small country-folk-rock band from middle Tennessee. Hard to find much about them, they never really hit it big, which to me is one of the greatest modern tragedies. I don't know if I have the ability to explain them properly and do them justice. I feel bad trying to pick some of thier songs over the others, but the albums Song Of The Wind In The Pines, and Lemon Pie are among the best examples of Americana songwriting ever, full stop, end of discussion, you can fight me about it.

AFI - One of my favorite bands, if not the, other than The Floating Men. I have a tattoo of one of thier album covers, Sing The Sorrow. It's a brooding, dark, and goth as fuck punk-rock jam. Think of a guy with long, black hair and wearing eyeliner while wearing lots of black and writing sad, melodramatic poetry. Now give that guy a BEAUTIFUL voice and make him singer of a punk band. The lyrics read like classical poetry that'll make you reach for a thesaurus, and the instrumentation and composition are dark, heavy, aggressive, harsh, and brooding. It clashes and argues and screams in rage and hate at the cruel world. What's amazing about AFI, though, is that they evolve with every release. They didn't find a niche and stay comfortable there. Crash Love maintains Davey Havok's mopey and melodramatic lyrics and singing, but it's all wrapped up in a glamorous, airy, poppy, and streamlined pop-punk-rock flair. It takes the idea of a relationship that's going sour and coats it in a thick layer of glitter and tongue-in-cheek cynicism.

Rotting Christ - My personal favorite is Thier Greatest Spells (greatest hits/30th anniversary) album. They're a Greek death metal band that's been around for a long time. Key tracks: In Yumen-Xibalba, Ἐλθὲ κύριε (Elthe Kyrie), and Serve In Heaven.

Little Big - Russian dance/electronic group. Lots of fun. Key tracks: SKIBIDI, Go Bananas, Rock-Paper-Scissors, Hypno Dancer, and Farandanza.

The Killers - Hot Fuss album. Everyone knows this one for Mr. Brightside, which overshadows what is a great album start to finish. Smooth, graceful, and occaisionally funky pop-rock.

Ghost - All of it. They haven't made a bad tune yet. Sexy and groovy Satan metal, wrapped up in a poppy, dancy, 70's/80's rock vibe. Key tracks - Rats, Square Hammer, Dance Macabre, He Is, and Bible.

In This Moment - Darkly sexy metal. Maria Brink can fuckin' sing. My favorite album is Ritual, which includes a spine tickling cover of In The Air Tonight.

Mudvayne - Ryan Martinie is one of the all time great bass gods. This is not negotible. Key Tracks - Scream With Me, Dig, Not Falling, Forget To Remember, Happy?, and Do What You Do.

Trivium - Fantastic power/thrash/melodic metal. Haven't made a bad album, even if there are a few songs that fall a bit flat compared to the rest. Key tracks - Shogun (the whole album), Like Light To The Flies, Beyond Oblivion, and The Sin And The Sentance.

Rammstein - All of it. Key tracks - yes.

Lindemann - Rammstein's lead singer's (Till Lindemann) side project. Same as above.

A Perfect Circle - Passive.

Other bands I like to drive to - Slipknot, Powerwolf, Gloryhammer, Amaranthe, Avatar, Bush, Chevelle.

@Triumph23 Where The River Flows by Collective Soul is one of the best guitar riffs ever written.
After years of listening to familiar bands, I have been trying to find good music that I have not heard before. Having a current friend's circle who are not into this kind of music makes things hard as all the music I listed are stuff I grew up with in my teenage years with my college buddies, jamming the guitar, skipping college and head banging away. I miss those days. This thread made me think about all those songs while I wrote the list and rekindled those days. There I was, fitting a new shower in the en-suite, bluetooth speaker on and blasting these tunes all over again with my missus wondering what the flippin heck has gone wrong with me. Thanks for your list, there are a lot of bands I have not heard of, some vaguely familiar. I will be adding these to my playlist on the drive back home tonight. Thanks to OP for starting this thread! 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,202 Posts
Love Song - Simple Minds
from the same album

it has everything - it gives you time to fire up the car, put on your seat belt ... wind down the front windows, pop the sunroof, ... and cruise ... all to the beat of a thousand hypno grooves

when executed perfectly it is rhythm in motion

·
Registered
250 Posts
Drivers seat - Sniff ‘n’ the Tears
Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd

1 - 20 of 27 Posts