Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’ve been stalking the site for a while. I’ve been looking forward to Alfa’s return to the US for years. I made the mistake of test driving a Giulia and Stelvio a few weeks ago and am officially obsessed - it’s an issue I have (the doctors say there is no cure) and why I resisted going for a test drive for so long.

I’ve been an Audi guy most of my life but I’m somewhat over them now that everyone has one.... I still love them but I need quirk in my life and they are too good (read boring). We had a 2018 Q5 loaner for a week while our A5 was in the shop and while it was awesome in every way, I know if I bought one I’d be tired of it in a month when the new car smell wore off. I drove the Alfa’s during the same period and although the Stelvio felt a little lacking to the Audi in some ways (mainly tech) I knew I’d love it long term...... it was so much better in so many other ways (heart over head?).

I’m torn as the Stelvio would probably fit my life better right now but I really prefer a “car” (and can I really have an SUV as my first Alfa?)

I almost had a deal done on a Q4 ti sport but we argued over the last $2500 mainly as I was trying to trade my Mini Countryman so the deal needed to include it. The plan now is to sell the Mini privately and order an 18 exactly as I want. So at least the obsession of getting the Alfa will run until some time in the spring. The doctors say that might help long term......

On a side note I’ve a Lotus Elise and an Evora S so obviously love the questionable brands but also sometime next spring can finally say I’m a full on car guy by owning (suffering) both “unreliable” brands:grin2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Don't worry man you aren't the only one. My life over the last 3 months since discovering the Giulia has been an obsession to say the least. lol

When do the Stelvio QV's hit the US shores?

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Not sure but I figured they'd e out already with the the others.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

Since you seem to be leaning towards the Stelvio, let me tell you about the Stelvio Forum.
http://www.stelvioforum.com/
Or perhaps you should just check it out yourself. It's our sister forum, but you'll need to create a new account there if you want to post questions and comments.

We've had our Giulia Ti Q2 a while now and just love her. She's great, as sedans go. No comparison to my 4C though. You've got some tough choices ahead of you :grin2: No matter, I'm sure you'll settle into what's best for you and your needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.