Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive a 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4; their original 5 yr plan was to have the 2018 with a minimum of 450 HP and even the bi-turbo V8 from QP with 520 HP, This looks unlikely at this point so I am considering Giulia QV. My local dealer In Westbury just got a shipment of all but QV and I noticed that the Giulia has run flats - can anyone confirm that is the 'norm'?

Does anyone have the order guide for QV/Giulia or an idea as to the lead time from order to delivery? Or is Alfa still not accepting 'custom' orders from dealers?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I currently drive a 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4; their original 5 yr plan was to have the 2018 with a minimum of 450 HP and even the bi-turbo V8 from QP with 520 HP, This looks unlikely at this point so I am considering Giulia QV. My local dealer In Westbury just got a shipment of all but QV and I noticed that the Giulia has run flats - can anyone confirm that is the 'norm'?

Does anyone have the order guide for QV/Giulia or an idea as to the lead time from order to delivery? Or is Alfa still not accepting 'custom' orders from dealers?
Try this one:
http://www.aroc-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2017-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia.pdf

Already a few people here have custom ordered a Ti/QV from different dealers. Check out the Dealers/Pricing sub-forum, you'll a thread directly related to this.

·
Registered
45 Posts

I placed an order for a QV last week after the factory lifted the requirement for the Brembo CCM brake option. My dealer expects my car to arrive in about four months, so mid-June.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Giulia and Giulia TI have run flats, QV dose not have run flats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the really quick response!

I drove the base Giulia (Only one available to drive at my dealer) and sat in one with sports package. My thoughts were pretty good ride for base car but run slats are a big NO for me and no headroom in the rear; car is much shorter than my Ghibli. Down in FLA now so I will see what's available on the coats over the next month.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks for the really quick response!

I drove the base Giulia (Only one available to drive at my dealer) and sat in one with sports package. My thoughts were pretty good ride for base car but run slats are a big NO for me and no headroom in the rear; car is much shorter than my Ghibli. Down in FLA now so I will see what's available on the coats over the next month.
What package are you ordering? If you order with a 19in sport package it comes standard with 19x8.0 rims all the way around and run flat tires. If you have your dealer select the dark 5 hole wheel option after selecting the 19in sport package it will change to 19x8 in front and 19x9 in rear and also change to 225 front and 255 rear summer performance tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't got to the point of ordering yet - your insight is very helpful. I think part of me is hoping that MNA still will up the power of 2018 and that temp me to use their early bird lessee special.

Either way I will not be ordering a new car until May. In the case of the QV I am leery about experiencing the same problems as early 2014/2015 Ghibli adopters, but am sure if I can get to experience one before then I could be swayed by the driving experience.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I haven't got to the point of ordering yet - your insight is very helpful. I think part of me is hoping that MNA still will up the power of 2018 and that temp me to use their early bird lessee special.

Either way I will not be ordering a new car until May. In the case of the QV I am leery about experiencing the same problems as early 2014/2015 Ghibli adopters, but am sure if I can get to experience one before then I could be swayed by the driving experience.
It will be swayed by driving. Beware. Lol. As far as problems, Engine-pretty much ferrari california, trans-ZF 8HP75 not just design, built by ZF, infotainment-Magneti Marelli-same company that makes BMW's idrive. Watch the Cassino factory video on youtube, it'll make you feel a bit better as far as construction. Alfa can't do a second best job on a car that their resurgence in the U.S. market hinges on.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There are no other than iDrive Systems in the F-Series BMW anymore. Even the radio professional without navigation is Harman (as are all FCA Headunits other than the Giulia)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts