Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Seems like a reasonable trade to me. Faster car, cheaper to fix. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha! Agreed on both counts. IDK the guy who traded, but reportedly he was much happier with performance of Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
any idea what year 360?
kinda tarted out for my tastes....and my color wheel doesn't include Yellow...even if it is Fly Yellow...
but don't knock a 360 unless you've actually driven one....talking about the later versions from 01 to production end...

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
@FNM as @MacGeek said the 360 is actually one of the most reasonable F-Cars to own and maintain...from the years that I mentioned....
the early build cars had some issues that first run cars tend to have (sound familiar?) but by 01 they were really worked out and rock solid...
I was told that early build cars are good as long as you make sure all warranty items/TSBs were addressed
I almost bought one while I was waiting...and waiting....and waiting...for the Alfa....and if it had checked out I probably would have but it had some outstanding service things that the owner didn't factor into the pricing...
they are very very good cars...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
44,740 Miles
Custom exhaust?
Paint looks good
Some patina on leather seats
Listed at 69,000
No skin in the game, but happy to help anyone out if I can

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
44,740 Miles
Custom exhaust?
Paint looks good
Some patina on leather seats
Listed at 69,000
No skin in the game, but happy to help anyone out if I can

meh...price is a bit high given mileage and non-OEM....still service records & all service recalls need to be shown as factory done...is it a manual or F1 don't recall reading...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
No, no, yes and no ... :D

Early car, high miles, Nothing wrong with Giallo Modena unless you tart it out with carbon trim while leaving the lame slat grills in place. Challenge grills are better for cooling F1 on an early car is another thing to avoid. It has twice my miles, and the black wheels are trying too hard. But I am on an anti dark wheel quest since most of the Giulias are dark. It has 430 wheels too and a similar Scud stripe but might not be bad as an intro F car. It would need a Challenge Stradale TCU or a reflash which could effect value. The CS TCU will be about $1200 plus about $500 to install and program it. Also, and this is a fresh lesson for me, the alternator cable will need to be replaced (TSB) as the old crimped connector suffers corrosion. My car is insured for about 50% more than that and with the alternator service, steering wheel, TCU, and OZ wheels, it is worth about that and more. Oh and I got a brand new oil pressure sender and cam cap seal for free :) And my car is a Spider. Won't actually miss that in the Quad because I'm keeping my (other) fcar. :cool:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
this was the car I was looking to buy...it was actually for sale locally (New Jersey)....
ask was the same money I paid for my Quadrifoglio

MY2000 TDF/Cuoio, 14.4k F1 Daytona Seats, upgraded rims, all books etc...
add a Challenge grill & Challenge Rims....we have a winner ladies & gents...but alas it was not meant to be...:frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Actually the 599 and the 612 (even with the semi-crap F1 transmission) were the most reliable before the new generation of Fcars.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
had a good fun blast with one of these on the way home from LRP. He didn't want to play at first until I was close to home and then the silly ass nearly drove into me as I was turning into my road when he decided to try and overtake as I was turning. Was kind of awkward as he sat there looking at me and I stared back with a "What the..." look ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts