Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Possibly looking for an Alfa shop to install the exhaust bypass controller by Forza in our 2017 Quad.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the general Orlando, FL area?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Not interested in having the dealer do it?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not interested in a dealer install at this time. And I'm not sure they would do it and I'd rather not have them "know" about this modifications absent codes being triggered. Which I do not know at this time.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At this time probably only about 100 miles or so from the Orlando area. Yeah, I'm lazy and unless the shop has appointments on Saturdays, it's tough for me to burn a day away from work for something like this.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
At this time probably only about 100 miles or so from the Orlando area. Yeah, I'm lazy and unless the shop has appointments on Saturdays, it's tough for me to burn a day away from work for something like this.

My thinking is that any shop that is "Alfa" dedicated is probably geared to the older/vintage cars as these are so flipping new....maybe just a good speed shop???

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I have one in mind and they "installed one recently" in a Ferrari but they quoted me 3 hours of work. Seemed a bit high.

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
Yeah, I have one in mind and they "installed one recently" in a Ferrari but they quoted me 3 hours of work. Seemed a bit high.
I believe you need to remove the rear diffuser and central under tray to access the valve solenoid. If so 3 hours is not a bad quote as the panels take some time to deal with.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, thx Joe.

I've seen others posting 1-2 hours so for a shop to say 3 hours out of the gate probably means I'll be billed 4.

·
Registered
124 Posts
One potential source is a custom audio shop. The shops have to deal with many situations and they frequently have lifts. The routing of cables is something they are generally very skilled at.

Steve

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
You do NOT need to remove the diffuser. Simply remove the screws along the seam between the diffuser and the rear underpanel. Then loosen all the side screws on the rear panel and allow it to hang down. With a rear wheel off the car you can reach in ahead of the muffler and tire kit cubby to find the solenoid. Wires zip tie easily to the vaccuum lines. My DIY job took many hours, but I am an old widower in a cramped garage. Awesome mod and a good ground bolt is on the ECUs ahead of the tire cubby under the trunk panel. You do NOT need to remover the foam behind the cubby to reach this bolt. It actually has a plastic nut but the bolt is clean and part of the ECU mount. I mounted my controller inside the tire cubby foam, on the rear side wall. Grommet in the hole cut in the plastic cubby. Cut a slot in the grommet to avoid the connector and go straight over the wire. Seals up fine under compression in the hole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts