Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the Alfa USA loaner car policy is?

I'd like to know where it's written also, seems my dealer is confused.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It looks like every dealership handles it differently....when they are required by warranty work to provide alternative transportation they offer what they have....mine doesnt have Alfa loaners and provides rentacar, had to be FCA product according to rental agent so I got Jeep....I am actually please with level of service (wasnt with sales) so I might stick with those guys for now despite no Maseratti loaners

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does anyone know what the Alfa USA loaner car policy is?

I'd like to know where it's written also, seems my dealer is confused.

Thanks,
Tad, I was told that if the scheduled service is calc'd at 4 hours or more a loaner will be provided. Less than that the customer is on their own. I've had loaners twice so far with my Giulia; from 2 diff dealers. 1st provided a Chrys200 as their Ghiblis were all out on loan. 2nd provided a Giulia Ti Lusso. 2nd dealership told me they have only 2 Giulias as loaners and a few Ghiblis. If all are out the customer can rent from Enterprise and FCA reimburses. In speaking with Alfa Care to set up an appt related to these visits they authorized an Enterprise rental on the spot (it was a weekend) if the dealership was unresponsive. I think that's one thing Alfa Care has authority to do.

My take: get your car serviced at a dealership that also sells Masers and Ferrari, or other high end brands. They're most likely to have quality loaners and will also know how to do the little things - drop off and pick up, etc., etc

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
My dealership only services high end vehicles, Ferraris, Maseratis, Mclarens, Jaguar, Porsche, etc. I've had to use three loaners. 1st time they provided me with an Audi Q5. The second time, they provided me with a 2017 white Ghibli tan interior with 100 miles on the odo! The third time, another 2017 Ghibli with very light interior with 3000 miles on the odo. So my dealership and servicing experience has been nothing short of superb!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Brought my car in for service this past week, gave me a brand new Stelvio as a loaner for a few days. Most all the loaners they have are Giulias, unfortunately Alfa is my dealerships flagship brand. The owner is a buddy of mine, so when I have to bring my car back in to replace the Amp, I'm gonna try to swing a 4C for a few hours.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I thought I read it in some piece of Alfa paperwork I received with the car. I'll look when I get my car back.

At first the dealer said they don't participate in the Alfa program, so I pitched a semi-fit and ended up with a Chrysler 200, POS, but it got me to work.

I then asked him if they wash the car before service pickup, normal practice for the Audi dealership I'd dealt with for the past 20 years. No, he said, only Maserati's, but he'd wash my car before I picked it up.

Seems like Alfa has some work to do, I'll do a "full" write up of my experience when I get the car back.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Well I thought I read it in some piece of Alfa paperwork I received with the car. I'll look when I get my car back.

At first the dealer said they don't participate in the Alfa program, so I pitched a semi-fit and ended up with a Chrysler 200, POS, but it got me to work.

I then asked him if they wash the car before service pickup, normal practice for the Audi dealership I'd dealt with for the past 20 years. No, he said, only Maserati's, but he'd wash my car before I picked it up.

Seems like Alfa has some work to do, I'll do a "full" write up of my experience when I get the car back.
Wow and you drive a Q! I think they should give you a loaner that's comparable in luxury or class. No exception. Its not Alfa but the dealer. My dealer ALWAYS washes my car when I pick it up. In fact, they must have some special coating or washing process because my car looks the best when its washed at the dealer.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Same Old Story

Unfortunately this will be Alfa's BIGGEST hurdle....dealerships.
The policy of loaners is the same at all brands....that is it is up to the dealership on what they give and under what terms...
I once had a BMW dealership that was working on my E92 M3 (warranty issues) give me a Jeep as a loaner (& I bought/drove 1.5 hours because people said this dealer service was the best;) ) Moreover, when I would make an appointment (BMW) for service, they ALWAYS ask first, do you need a loaner, and the timeliness of the appointment will be predicated on that....sometimes you wait a week for an appointment with a loaner. However I always get a BMW loaner at my local dealer.
As far as Alfa, when I had my initial issue with the purchasing dealer (FIAT/ALFA) I was never offered a loaner and they had my car for a week.
My current servicing dealer (Ferrari/Maserati/Alfa) has always offered me a loaner, which I declined only because I got my car back same day OR they dropped it off at my house.

Now somewhat related....as many of youz guys are aware FCA is shopping itself to a Chinese car company...IF this buyout happens it will ONLY INCLUDE Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat....the Alfa Romeo & Maserati Brands will be folded into Ferrari...(THANK YOU Sig. Agnelli) which is my hope will equate to better customer service than some have experienced here.
Salve
M

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I am getting a loaner car when I leave it next week to check the cold start rough idle problem. The Dealer asked me if I wanted one.

·
Registered
94 Posts

We are still on the fence with the Alfa loaner program not a very good deal for the dealer after they come out. On the other had Maserati's program is very good and we give our customers either a Ghibli or Levante for a loaner. We also had wash, clean the windows and vacuum all cars when there service is completed, don't even have to ask, its just done.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some of the dealers, who were only Fiat dealers before the launch, are not yet very well set up for loaner cars. On my recent visit, which supposedly had many hours of updates involved, the dealer simply pulled a car off their used car lot for me to use. It worked out OK as it was a late model A4.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I want a Fiat 500 Abarth as a loaner. They seem like fun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts