Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Hey all

Managed to get myself three parade laps yesterday which was fun despite the speed limit :) very cool day, spotted Miller TI in good company (below) saw the new NSX which was lovely and got a lot of attention with the Alfa.

Here's some pics / vid

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Cool!

Lime Rock would be a great track for a northeast Alfa track day event!

Easy track to learn, incredibly difficult to master!

One of my favorites....

Now you have had your Giulia on a track two weekends in a row..... I told you it was going to become addictive!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As always you are right :D I would LOVE to do an Alfa day there... it MUST happen :D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Lime Rock is one of those tracks I've always wanted to drive, but haven't and may never be able to. Looks like a fast track with lots of nice long sweepers and easy on the brakes.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
As always you are right :D I would LOVE to do an Alfa day there... it MUST happen :D
I am sure we can arrange something there this summer, even if no other Alfa owner can make it......:smile2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Lime Rock is one of those tracks I've always wanted to drive, but haven't and may never be able to. Looks like a fast track with lots of nice long sweepers and easy on the brakes.
Racer, fly in and you can drive my Spec Boxster at Lime Rock....... not a Giulia or 4C, but fully race prepped.... guaranteed to give you a thrill......:grin2:

Here is my last race start there this past April.....

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P.s. Awesome move at the end... rev limiter then overtake.. classy!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
It'd be an honor to 'take one for the team' and represent ?
That's what I figured.......:wink2:

P.s. Awesome move at the end... rev limiter then overtake.. classy!
In a race anything goes to make the pass happen......:grin2:

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Racer, fly in and you can drive my Spec Boxster at Lime Rock....... not a Giulia or 4C, but fully race prepped.... guaranteed to give you a thrill......:grin2:

Here is my last race start there this past April.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItKUmNrFGZU&feature=youtu.be
Fly in? How about I drive in?? My wife and I will be in the area this summer. Her 50th High School reunion in Buffalo. We're driving our new Giulia. Then on to her sister's camp in Maine and down to Cape Hatteras, NC. Looks like Lime Rock is on the way. I lived in Boston for some years, we'll probably stop in and show her around.

Now I gotta go watch the racing video :grin2:

That was fun :grin2:

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
was there for the car show yesterday...some really nice muscle cars and a custom made E type....and Wayne Carini...Yeah!
mine was the only Alfa of ANY vintage there...what a crying shame....parked in between a 991 Targa and F80 M3 LOL
how was the race??....
speaking of which..FERRARI #1 & #2

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fly in? How about I drive in?? My wife and I will be in the area this summer. Her 50th High School reunion in Buffalo. We're driving our new Giulia. Then on to her sister's camp in Maine and down to Cape Hatteras, NC. Looks like Lime Rock is on the way. I lived in Boston for some years, we'll probably stop in and show her
That's going to be quite the drive! Done the CT to Buffalo a few times but it's longgg but it'll be fun in your Giulia! We'll plan something if anything happens as I'm only 40 minutes away from LRP.

was there for the car show yesterday...some really nice muscle cars and a custom made E type....and Wayne Carini...Yeah!

mine was the only Alfa of ANY vintage there...what a crying shame....parked in between a 991 Targa and F80 M3 LOL
how was the race??....
speaking of which..FERRARI #1 & #2
Dang missed you by a day, my Euro skin got toasted in 70 degrees so would have started depositing carbon if I have gone again ;) Race was excellent one of the best I've seen, much fighting, some high speed crashes... everything that you need ??

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

That's going to be quite the drive! Done the CT to Buffalo a few times but it's longgg but it'll be fun in your Giulia! We'll plan something if anything happens as I'm only 40 minutes away from LRP.

Is this two invites to drive two different cars? Can't be. I must be stuck in the Twilight Zone.

Thanks guys. Even my wife is getting excited, and she's not the driver/enthusiast I am. We're looking at the end of July / beginning of August to be in the Lime Rock area. The Giulia has enough trunk that I can bring my track bag. Wahoo! Come on August!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
thx! next time.. you might end up flying in after all! ;)
Possibly. I've flown enough that I tend to think of flying in commercial airliners as boring, especially with all this TSA non-since. They actually strip-searched my wife once. Grrr. I've pedaled my bicycle across the USA, that was different. I enjoyed that enough that I did it twice. You just can't be in a hurry. Kind of hard to compare bicycling to auto racing though. One costs a whole lot less. Old drag racer's adage: "How fast do you want to go? How much money do you have?"

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Racer, shoot me a PM when it gets closer to see if there are any available track days..... otherwise, we can just meet for a drink......:grin2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts