Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be attending and wanted to offer the opportunity to any Giulia owners to drive this idyllic an iconic American track!

The event is put on by the BMW club, but any marques are welcome......

Cost of the day driving event is $350

If anyone is interested to participate as a student or instructor (@MDriver :grin2:) let me know.....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any experience required? or other pre-requisites?
None whatsoever...... beginner track drivers are welcome (we all started there)!

They get paired up with an instructor and there they go driving around the track at increasingly higher paces, as easy as that!

I have been paired up with a Giulia driver as a student and he has had a blast!

It is a fun, safe way to get acquainted with track driving and to learn what your car is able to do on a track...... every Giulia owner should try it at least once......:wink2:

·
Registered
437 Posts
None whatsoever...... beginner track drivers are welcome (we all started there)!

They get paired up with an instructor and there they go driving around the track at increasingly higher paces, as easy as that!

I have been paired up with a Giulia driver as a student and he has had a blast!

It is a fun, safe way to get acquainted with track driving and to learn what your car is able to do on a track...... every Giulia owner should try it at least once......:wink2:
Got the green light from the wife. Count me in as a student. Let me know what I need to do.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the green light from the wife. Count me in as a student. Let me know what I need to do.
Wonderful! You can sign up directly with the club using the following link:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/patroon-bmw-lrp-sept-2017-lime-rock-park-cca-782783

Once you are all signed up and paid for, let me know and I can arrange to be your instructor (if you wish to) otherwise you will be assigned a random instructor.

Regardless you are going to have a blast in one of the most famous tracks of the East coast!

http://limerock.com

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wonderful! You can sign up directly with the club using the following link:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/patroon-bmw-lrp-sept-2017-lime-rock-park-cca-782783

Once you are all signed up and paid for, let me know and I can arrange to be your instructor (if you wish to) otherwise you will be assigned a random instructor.

Regardless you are going to have a blast in one of the most famous tracks of the East coast!

http://limerock.com

Awesome, all signed up. PM Sent.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect! Got it and responded!

Any and all Giulia owners are welcome to join us....:cool:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I will be attending and wanted to offer the opportunity to any Giulia owners to drive this idyllic an iconic American track!

The event is put on by the BMW club, but any marques are welcome......

Cost of the day driving event is $350

If anyone is interested to participate as a student or instructor (@MDriver :grin2:) let me know.....
ahh the good old Patroon Chapter:grin2: Saturdays are tough for me...and there is no racin' on Sundays in CT:crying:....I don't think I will make that one unfortunately...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahh the good old Patroon Chapter:grin2: Saturdays are tough for me...and there is no racin' on Sundays in CT:crying:....I don't think I will make that one unfortunately...
Ahhhhh, mannaggia....... I was hoping to swap cars to let you try the 911 on track.......

Maybe the next event........ alla prossima.....

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am gonna try and make this!!
Have tons of track experience racing motorcycles, but have never tracked a car..
watched many races at Limerock as a kid.. used to camp there with my dad... saw Paul Newman race a few times

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am gonna try and make this!!
Have tons of track experience racing motorcycles, but have never tracked a car..
watched many races at Limerock as a kid.. used to camp there with my dad... saw Paul Newman race a few times
Giovanni you won't regret it! I am sure @FNM will join us also, he couldn't wait to go to LRP.
If you and FNM come there will be 3 Giulias on track at the same time...... how cool would that be?:grin2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Do they run in groups of skill level or open track?
What will happen for you (@BMWCCA HPDE) is they will place you in Beginner..you will attend a classroom instruction/driver meeting..paired to an instructor...usually have radio mics for the helmets...they will coach you around the track..you will learn turn-ins, braking points, exits etc.....you usually get a 20 minute run in the beginner group (depending on turnout and how many instructors are there)...you come in next group goes out....then you will go out again....IF you do really well and the instructor sees this..he may bump you same day to intermediate group....but again that will be dependent on the turn-out, how many instructors, etc.....
most of all...have FUN..this is NOT A RACE...your not getting paid...there is NO PODIUM:grin2:..learn to drive your car and the track...
LRP is a GREAT venue for this...
ENJOY!!
watch out for the DMD in the Black Carrera....drives WAAAAY too fast!>:)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What will happen for you (@BMWCCA HPDE) is they will place you in Beginner..you will attend a classroom instruction/driver meeting..paired to an instructor...usually have radio mics for the helmets...they will coach you around the track..you will learn turn-ins, braking points, exits etc.....you usually get a 20 minute run in the beginner group (depending on turnout and how many instructors are there)...you come in next group goes out....then you will go out again....IF you do really well and the instructor sees this..he may bump you same day to intermediate group....but again that will be dependent on the turn-out, how many instructors, etc.....
most of all...have FUN..this is NOT A RACE...your not getting paid...there is NO PODIUM:grin2:..learn to drive your car and the track...
LRP is a GREAT venue for this...
ENJOY!!
watch out for the DMD in the Black Carrera....drives WAAAAY too fast!>:)
Perfectly explained Professore!

Are you sure you can't come? It would be epic event with you and your QV there...... just saying....

Anyhow, here a video with the track layout for those who have never been there, pretty straightforward, all rights and one left, how hard can that be? >:)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW, anyone attending is welcome to come along in the "Black Carrera", as MDriver calls it, for a few laps.....

Of course if MDriver comes he can take her out all by himself.......:grin2:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Perfectly explained Professore!

Are you sure you can't come? It would be epic event with you and your QV there...... just saying....

Anyhow, here a video with the track layout for those who have never been there, pretty straightforward, all rights and one left, how hard can that be? >:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6MivvIV87Y
dottore did you mention the "Big Dip" leading into the Posey Straight???.....not for the faint of heart:grin2:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
BTW, anyone attending is welcome to come along in the "Black Carrera", as MDriver calls it, for a few laps.....

Of course if MDriver comes he can take her out all by himself.......:grin2:
I'm afraid if you let me drive her at the track...I may have to leave you with an envelop of dead presidents and a "thank you" note...and drive the Porsche home LOL:grin2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dottore did you mention the "Big Dip" leading into the Posey Straight???.....not for the faint of heart:grin2:
Well, I want to leave some element of surprise to the actual live driving experience......>:)

I'm afraid if you let me drive her at the track...I may have to leave you with an envelop of dead presidents and a "thank you" note...and drive the Porsche home LOL:grin2:
That is why I wish you could come, we could compare the QV to the 911......

I am still convinced they would have very similar lap times....
(Plus you can drive the 911 on track without buying one :wink2:)

1 - 20 of 153 Posts