Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me thank you all for a great forms, I have been reading a lot of the posts over the past week or so and have gained a lot of information from everyone here. Second this will be my Wife's car, (she not a forms person - doesn't really have the time) but she has fallen in love with the Giulia and we just got the VON number today from the dealer with a D1 status - (I guess she has caught the car bug from our Sons and I).

A little bit about us - I started a long time ago with a Jaguar XJS and my Wife helped me work on it, which wasn't very often because it was a great car. She helped by being able to get her hands into places mine wouldn't fit. Then Kids came along and was out of cars for a few year then I got a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 and then got into polishing and powder coating parts for fellow Owners, (on 3Si forms) my Wife helped in the polishing of parts. We both then moved on to SUV's, I had a Trailblazer SS (the one with the Corvette engine) and she had a HHR SS (2.0L turbo 260HP).

Well then she became a Realtor once the kids grew up and has since opened her own Property Management Company, and she moved on to the typical Realtor cars (ES350, RX350 and now a Toyota Sequoia). She now wants something that is fun to drive. She is the Owner of the Property Management Company and it seems like Realtors no longer drive clients around any more, so she set her sights on the Giulia. She looked briefly at a few other cars but kept returning to the Giulia, so about 6 weeks ago she placed an ordered for an '18 Quad.

Since then we have been doing some major vehicle reorganizing, we sold 3 vehicles, two Harley's and a motorcycle trailer, I sold an old '02 Chevy and got a new Jeep Cherokee (which will be her bad weather vehicle when she doesn't want to take out the Quad).

We are very excited about adding the Quad to the stable of vehicles that we currently enjoy. I have a a few cars that I bring out to local cars and coffees and Wife has indicated that she'll let us bring her car out. Looking forward to see what type of reaction it will get, because we have not seen any Giulia's on the road nor at any shows we have attended.

Again thank you all for all the great information you share and your experiences, looking forward to getting our new Giulia.

Dave B.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks FNM,

That's a good question, I have always told her she could drive any of my cars but she's never taken me up on it but she seems pretty good at sharing, we'll see. ;-)

D.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Ooh some assumptions there... if she starts leaving early in the morning and returning late at night and gone every weekend you'll know where you stand... jeez I'm depressing today huh? Lol

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome Dave and Mrs. Dave :)

Congrats on your VON.

We special ordered our Ti Q2, took about four months to get here. We have almost 4,000 miles on her now. Most of that is all Interstate driving. We started in Los Angeles and are currently in Buffalo. Home is LA.

I think my wife like our Giulia more than I do :grin2: and that's a good thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.