Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q4
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to share my experience at Leith Alfa/Maserati of Raleigh. I went in for my 2 year service last Saturday. I can’t say enough great things about the dealer and the service department.

I have to drive at least 2 hours to get to the closest dealer and fortunate to have three dealers within 2.5 hours.

The first dealer I went to for the year one service was slow and over priced (first oil change was free, but they charge $400 for oil change). I arrived at 9am after driving two hours and they didn’t take my car back until 1pm. Needless to say, I got home very late.

Leith Alfa on the other hand was super attentive, executed the service in a timely manner, very knowledgeable about all aspects of the service and was fairly priced for oil change, brake flush, filters, etc... (~$550). Even was provided a Ghibli as a loaner. If Leith is reasonably close, I would highly recommend them. I know Alfa dealers can be spotty, so want to recognize a superior one. Ask for Doug...he is fantastic.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I want to share my experience at Leith Alfa/Maserati of Raleigh. I went in for my 2 year service last Saturday. I can’t say enough great things about the dealer and the service department.

I have to drive at least 2 hours to get to the closest dealer and fortunate to have three dealers within 2.5 hours.

The first dealer I went to for the year one service was slow and over priced (first oil change was free, but they charge $400 for oil change). I arrived at 9am after driving two hours and they didn’t take my car back until 1pm. Needless to say, I got home very late.

Leith Alfa on the other hand was super attentive, executed the service in a timely manner, very knowledgeable about all aspects of the service and was fairly priced for oil change, brake flush, filters, etc... (~$550). Even was provided a Ghibli as a loaner. If Leith is reasonably close, I would highly recommend them. I know Alfa dealers can be spotty, so want to recognize a superior one. Ask for Doug...he is fantastic.
Don’t know which direction you are coming from, but Johnson Alfa/Maserati in Cary is also very good. Good to know we have two good dealers in the area.

Reactions: Alfagreg

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

I have been taking my QV there since new. I now started doing my own oil changes both to save money and to not go back to stock every time, but they have been great for the most part. When I first bought my '17 it had some teething issues and my car sat for a bit. New ECUs and O2 sensors fixed that. For the two months that it sat there as AR shipped out the ECUs and went through the whole process of setting them up (couldn't get the car to recognize them and had to get with Italy to unlock) I was driving a Ghibli and Alfa Romeo actually refunded my car payments for those two months after I complained even though I financed through my local credit union.

Beside that early learning curve in, they are now fantastic. Are great to respond and get the job done quickly. They also do a cars and coffee which is a good time. I feel a little guilty for not giving them my oil service business but I did have them flush my brakes this year.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I am in Richmond
Ahhh, OK. Johnson would be +15 miles for you so glad Leith is working out well. I always worry Johnson won‘t hang in there with Alfa. They are pretty low volume and right now have 0 new inventory. Although they swear to me they’re not going anywhere.......watch out for those speed traps in Dinwiddie.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Ahhh, OK. Johnson would be +15 miles for you so glad Leith is working out well. I always worry Johnson won‘t hang in there with Alfa. They are pretty low volume and right now have 0 new inventory. Although they swear to me they’re not going anywhere.......watch out for those speed traps in Dinwiddie.
My GX goes to Johnson Lexus next door so they get some love and have been great to me. I bought my GX CPO from them. I soon realized that it had Goodyear tires that were a bit dry rotted. OEM is Michelin. They swapped them out for all new Michelins. Then there was a whistle from the windshield. On closer inspection, I saw that it was not a OEM windshield and was not installed correctly. They put in a Lexus windshield. Granted, both of those things should have been caught in their CPO process but the fact that they fixed them for free after the time of sale is a plus in my book.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
My GX goes to Johnson Lexus next door so they get some love and have been great to me. I bought my GX CPO from them. I soon realized that it had Goodyear tires that were a bit dry rotted. OEM is Michelin. They swapped them out for all new Michelins. Then there was a whistle from the windshield. On closer inspection, I saw that it was not a OEM windshield and was not installed correctly. They put in a Lexus windshield. Granted, both of those things should have been caught in their CPO process but the fact that they fixed them for free after the time of sale is a plus in my book.
Thanks. I’ve had a couple of BMWs that I used to take up to Leith for service. Always happy with the result, just hated the slog up HWY 1 to get there from my side of town. Actually, one big reason I switched to Audis. Better now with 540 at least, but still a bit of a haul.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q4
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went back to Leith (Raleigh, NC) for my 3 yr service. Another great experience. ~$470 for oil change and spark plugs. I have ~16k miles on the clock.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I just had my first free service done by Leith at 5k / 12 months. Very efficient, and they also did my state inspection which was due. Still hate the slog to get up there since Johnson Alfa is only 5 miles from my house, but I figured since I bought the car at Leith, I’d have it serviced there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts