Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
3,415 Posts
I offer Leatherique products if interested? Long time restoration company of Ferrari and Rolls. No synthetics, true leather products. Best product is the Pristine clean. This is a great product to clean seats. Then there is the rejuvenator, great for 1 time a year maintenance to really keep them supple and bring out the dirt/containments in the leather. None of these products will ruin leather. It will keep the leather soft and supple. The pristine clean is great on leather dashes and door cards. Will not seep in and damage the adhesive. I have used these products to restore leather seats on my alfa's to maintaining them. Other products do not come close.

Very old school company that has been doing it right since the 50's (their site is old school but their products and knowledge stellar). I can offer the products at a discount off their retail pricing.

Have a look at the site.

hard to navigate bit that does not represent their products.

Why Use Leatherique?

Main reason is that it is a company family owned by people who OWN the cars and do this with the love only a true car owner can have. Also we have not been bought and sold to create a BIGGER Image.

Our company’s products were originally formulated by George Pavlisko Sr. for ACTUAL RESTORATION purposes, not for commercial gain. Our products actually work and have been used on many of the world’s finest and rarest automobiles, antiques, and for personal use by many experts in the field of leather care and restoration. We where good enough for Eastern Airlines (remember them?) The Smithsonian since about 1970 not just last year. The Henry Ford Museum, The old Harrah Collection When Bill was a family friend and The Jack Nethercutt Collection who was also a friend of George P. Pavlisko. We still make custom dye for a few of the Stars including Jeff Foxworthy. A Few rock stars for their stage equipment (guitar straps and such).

George Pavlisko Jr. has continued the tradition of customer service and
concern for each of our client’s projects. We are always available for
technical questions, and we care about our auto interiors, furniture, and
leather apparel just as you do, and know from experience the best way to treat and care for your leather items.

Our products are the “original” and “Simply the Best for Leather” as dubbed by the RROC in 1968. George Pavlisko Jr. continues research and development to always keep our products cutting edge and “the best”. We aren’t second rate imitators who have sprung up as a result of the internet. Call our office toll free at 877-395-3366, or email us at
[email protected], and let us answer your technical questions, and recommend exactly the correct products for the maintenance of your new leather, or restoration.Main reason is that it is a company family owned by people who OWN the cars and do this with the love only a true car owner can have. Also we have not been bought and sold to create a BIGGER Image.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have been using this Meguiars Gold Class leather conditioner and found it perfect (although for some reason its getting harder to find). Great results and no shine- Liqueur Chocolate syrup Leather Wood Chocolate

I also use what is now more readily available here, which should be the same but in a spray bottle (although it isn't the same), but it does leave a bit of a shine which I don't like for seats but is better on the leather dash- Chocolate syrup Automotive cleaning Tire Household cleaning supply Liqueur

Here is a review which gives an excellent explanation of car leather (or what we think is leather but might not be)-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, I need for some cleaning stuff for my car and this topic is exactly what I was looking. I want to try this Meguiars leather conditioner that was mentioned here. Usually I used only my cordless vacuum cleaner and wet wipes. But now I think that isn’t enough for my leather seats. This conditioner can be the final point after I clean my seats with vacuum. Btw I want to say that you definitely need to buy a cordless vacuum cleaner for your car, if you don’t have it yet. My vacuum I had chosen thanks for one article from this website guides4homeowners.co.uk. Take a look, maybe your’ll find something interesting for you.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
The first step to cleaning any leather seat is to really thoroughly vacuum them and use a brush to get particles out of the seams. The small particles of dirt are what really wear the leather and make cracks and creases look much worse.

After that, sometimes all that is needed is a wipe down with a warm, damp microfiber cloth. Everyone has their favorites as far as deep cleaning and conditioning products go, but keeping the seats basically clean can prevent the need for some of the more aggressive cleaning products in the first place.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I agree with Joe, above. Smack your hand down on the seat cushion and watch the bits of dirt fly up. I use the vacuum with the crevice tool and then air blasts from the shop compressor. Clean with warm water and wipe dry.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks, I need for some cleaning stuff for my car and this topic is exactly what I was looking :)
I have been using Meguiares Leather Baum which comes with an applicator. This is also a cleaner as well as a conditioner—Prefer this over a spray...Has a bit of gloss when applying but returns to natural look when wiping dry—-Very nice smell. Works very well on my tan interior. I apply monthly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts