Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
841 - 860 of 926 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Good info but the stock turbo on stock tune maxes at around 19psi at redline

Tuned stock turbo maxes about 21-23 psi at redline depending on weather.

Hybrid rs wheel turbo maxes at 29psi at redline... And apparently not for long but kozak can share that as he sees fit.

Im wondering if full frame gtx2867r may be the way.
Yea... Fixed it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Speaking of boost and ignition. Local tuners are working on a custom chip for my Giulia, I'm now on V4. I've got some MES logs captured on the dyno and while road testing. Absolute preasure maxed at 2.7 bar at the red line which is about 24-25 PSIG. Curiously dyno boost was lower at the mid range when compared to road pulls at the 5th gear. It is suspected that dyno didn't create enough load to convince ECU to max the boost.

The guys also played with the ignition.

I've got 266 crank hp with the stock firmware and 288 chp with the tuned one. The dyno is Bapro which is smth better than a typical innertial one (it is used at Maseratti plant). My hardware mods are catless downpipe, slightly moded rear section of the stock exhaust, K&N drop-in filter.

I've got 2018 RWD, fuel used is 98RON. Best draggy results so far (with v4 before sparks change): 5.19s 0-100kmph, 13.2s quarter, 14s 100-200kmph.

Now that I have spark plugs changed I'm visiting the guys once again to see if the change makes any difference and if there're any gains with ignition advances left.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 TI Sport Q4
315 Posts
Speaking of boost and ignition. Local tuners are working on a custom chip for my Giulia, I'm now on V4. I've got some MES logs captured on the dyno and while road testing. Absolute preasure maxed at 2.7 bar at the red line which is about 24-25 PSIG. Curiously dyno boost was lower at the mid range when compared to road pulls at the 5th gear. It is suspected that dyno didn't create enough load to convince ECU to max the boost.

View attachment 115637
The guys also played with the ignition.
View attachment 115638

I've got 266 chp with the stock firmware and 288 chp with the tuned one. The dyno is Bapro which is smth better than a typical innertial one (it is used at Maseratti plant). My hardware mods are catless downpipe, slightly moded rear section of the stock exhaust, K&N drop-in filter.
View attachment 115639

I've got 2018 RWD, fuel used is 98RON. Best draggy results so far (with v4 before sparks change): 5.19s 0-100kmph, 13.2s quarter, 14s 100-200kmph.

Now that I have spark plugs changed I'm visiting the guys once again to see if the change makes any difference and if there're any gains with ignition advances left.
Thank you for sharing!

So that's 289whp/340wtq from my understanding?

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Do you mind clarifying which part is trash talking (not taking into account your recent post)?
A bit of a language barrier, he's inquiring on any updates from hybrid turbo efforts vs. people just chit-chatting :) I don't believe the intent was personal, just general statement. :)

·
Premium Member
2018 TI Sport Q4
315 Posts
Ok, 845 posts... any news on hybrid, results
Oil feed to 6an line fabricated.
GTX2867R gen 2 mates to our turbine housing.
Compressor housing needed a GTX28 chra to 133mm adapter.

Turbine housing, compressor housing, and 133mm compressor adapter is off getting machined.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Alfa p0rn to wrap up the day!

·
Premium Member
2018 TI Sport Q4
315 Posts
Gtx2863r is not reverse. How will you fit it into our turbine housing ?
Because I am wrong. I had to check my invoice.

I purchased a Garrett GTX2867R Gen 2 Gen II Reverse turbo chra not a GTX2863R chra.

For some reason I thought it was a 63, this is incorrect.

·
Premium Member
2018 TI Sport Q4
315 Posts
so were you able to insert a gtx2863r GEN 2 on the original turbine body?
I'm going to edit my original posts but it's actually a 67 not a 63.

But yeah a Garrett GTX2867R Gen 2 Gen II Reverse turbo chra does appear that it will mate up to our turbine housing.(With machining) The GTX2867r turbine wheel is significantly larger than the oem one, the larger wheel wont fit without cutting a ton a material out of our oem turbine housing.

·
Premium Member
2018 TI Sport Q4
315 Posts
Aaa, ok. Now its clear
Yeah completely my bad on that one. My original post in my thread says GTX2867R Reverse chra but then I somehow flipped to a GTX2863.

Both are very similar except the 67R is a reverse style and makes a more power vs the 63.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oil feed to 6an line fabricated.
GTX2867R gen 2 mates to our turbine housing.
Compressor housing needed a GTX28 chra to 133mm adapter.

Turbine housing, compressor housing, and 133mm compressor adapter is off getting machined.
Why not use the compressor housing from the GTX2867R? Too many modifications to fit the stock wastegate actuator? Or the intake and outlet piping?

841 - 860 of 926 Posts