Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

341 - 360 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
So Eurocharged also has a handheld and a tune combo for 999$, anyone tried them on any platform including the Giulia? I emailed asking some questions but got a basic response about +40/50 power increase.

They also mentioned raising the rpm and transmission maps. I wasnt aware transmission tuning is possible yet. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have one in the mail I can report how it works. From what I understand the rev limit raised is when in park and in manual mode since they can not program the actual TCM. The shifting will be effected by the engine torque so they have a limited amount they can do on the ECM side. From what others say it shifts smoother so we will see.

·
Banned
10/2017 Giulia Ti Q2
172 Posts
@Go_a_way1 keep us posted and i expect a review of the process.

I have Emotion2+ on the way from Celtic, its about to leave UK and head for this side of the pond. Will review it in time too but i plan on logging first with MES before flashing any tunes.

So far we got guys running EC, Eurocharged and Celtic for ECU remap tunes. Am i missing anyone?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I wonder if goaway1 meant he ordered eurocompulsion not eurocharged.

Can Celtic tuning do race fuel tunes and will they do performance traction control?

Mike

·
Banned
10/2017 Giulia Ti Q2
172 Posts
@Go_a_way1 i see. So no one with Eurocharged?

I wonder if goaway1 meant he ordered eurocompulsion not eurocharged.

Can Celtic tuning do race fuel tunes and will they do performance traction control?

Mike
They say they offer custom maps upon request for 50 quid. I will definitely request. (y) Didnt ask about traction control, i dont mind that on.

@DeXa are you running Squadra? I just read an article about them and Giulia with 350hp as oem, but it never materialized.

·
Banned
10/2017 Giulia Ti Q2
172 Posts
@Go_a_way1 you had Eurocharged in North York if you’re in Ontario, same price as EuroCompulsion. I think i have seen and read a few tune reviews on Audis they did, good stuff. Never knew they did Alfas as well.

On a diff note, i used to live in Toronto almost 2 decades ago. Beautiful city crap weather.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I live out in alberta myself. Haven't been out east before haha. Never heard if eurocharged I might have given them a shot but I guess its too late now

·
Banned
10/2017 Giulia Ti Q2
172 Posts
@Go_a_way1 oh i have, especially Audis. Great tunes and most of the RS3’s i follow have been tuned there, not necessarily in Canada. Seems like they have great reviews and Slav and Vlad (guys in Ontario shop) are eastern European, which is where im from originally. 😊

I will give them a call tomorrow to find out if its just flash tunes they are doing or if there is some custom tuning possible, because like i said, I’d like a truly custom map, possibly an ethanol blend. And if they could put that in D and 91oct in N id be a happy camper.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone know of any bolt on turbos (physically fit) that would work with the giulia? I have a friend who does crazy fab work and builds 1000+hp drag cars so if anyone can figure out how to make it work with the electronic wastegate it would be him. He inst cheap though :(

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
So Eurocharged also has a handheld and a tune combo for 999$, anyone tried them on any platform including the Giulia? I emailed asking some questions but got a basic response about +40/50 power increase.

They also mentioned raising the rpm and transmission maps. I wasnt aware transmission tuning is possible yet. 🤷🏻‍♂️
They claim power increase to 310hp which appears similar to the Biesse Racing map. I am guessing they just buy the maps and tweak them to suit unless they develop the maps on a dyno themselves? If it is off the shelf map I feel the cost is too high and you could go with EC for that price. Not sure of transmission mapping, haven't heard anyone doing it yet except something like the Madness transmission flashing module which I am fairly sure the source from some European tuner.

·
Banned
10/2017 Giulia Ti Q2
172 Posts
@Triumph23 .. i had actually heard of Eurocharged Canada and USA. Never heard of EC until Alfas.

Eurocharged does full custom ecu and tcu (dsg) mapping. They have a dyno. They are a legit tuning shop. Just type Eurocharged canada in YouTube. I wrote them an email and asked about ethanol and custom mapping for Alfa. We will see if and how they respond. I can and will call to talk to them rather honestly. I went to school to York university and they are a mile away. Lol.

RS3 1/4mi

My emotion2+ is in the mail anyway at half the cost. Also CT do custom tuning too they say on their website. Is it possible to make it where the tune is only in D for example? Or 2 different tunes, one spicier in D and one in N more conservative? I mean if EC can do it with v1 and v2 then it must be possible no?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
@Dj-oohlya . I don't think CT can put different maps in DNA modes. I asked. Theirs is more straight forward tuning which is reflected in the cost I suppose. Custom tuning yes, but check with them.first how much they can custom tune.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I can sold know how p&p (the same active as in ec phase 2) if smb wants

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Banned
10/2017 Giulia Ti Q2
172 Posts
@kozak come again comrade?

I am mainly interested in getting another fuel custom tune and flashing one in D and the other in N... thats as far as how custom i want it personally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think what he is saying is why spend big $$$ on big modifications on a 2.0 when you can buy a (discounted) QV and keep it stock and still have more power/warranty/aero/race mode/etc etc.
I can’t speak for other people, but to me, clearly, there’s a lot more power to extract from the 2.0 engine just as they do with DTM racing series and also as they used to do in Group B rally. Yes, those are race cars and this can handle the heavy fixing/replacement of parts. But, we’re not trying to make race ready machines and instead find a closer point to limit vs reliability. All this to me is very exciting and a dream for engineering enthusiasts. Having a 500bhp Giulia that I can drive my kid to school in and then make angry tigers-fighting type noises is literally a dream. The QV is super cool and I’d love to own one, but to me the Giulia is in line with the Golf R, WRX STI, last gen Evo, Type R, and other 4 cylinder platforms...and the Giulia is beautiful, sounds amazing, and it’s RWD!

341 - 360 of 376 Posts