Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alfa is debuting MY20 Giulia and Stelvio at the LA Auto show this week. I was lucky enough to get a press pass for the media event on Wednesday. Anyone else going? I'll be sure to post some pics :)
Care to shed some light on how to get a media pass for automobile shows, without being in the press?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not a journalist, but work in the industry. There’s a conference going on called Automobility. Attendees get access to the press days.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used to get press passes to ny auto show. Wmy former company owned a nyc newspaper among other media globally so they always had extra passes. Remember once going and being the only person in javits center after day 1 because everyone left for dinner and the bars. It was awesome though all the cars were locked

·
Vendor
1,504 Posts
Alfa is debuting MY20 Giulia and Stelvio at the LA Auto show this week. I was lucky enough to get a press pass for the media event on Wednesday. Anyone else going? I'll be sure to post some pics :)
Going Sunday

·
Registered
35 Posts
LA has gone from a mostly two-day release cadence to a four-day extravaganza filled with all kinds of other crap masquerading as "networking events" where, and as a result, non-press also get access to the vehicle debuts. And by that I mean mostly "influencers" and "international attendees," the latter who walk around with tape measures and 3D cameras that lift all the new designs so they can be copied elsewhere and brought to market in a third the time.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You are talking like me, except I mostly claim this about non-cars. But so freaking true. I don't know when the rest of the population will wake up to the long term nightmare this is creating...

the latter who walk around with tape measures and 3D cameras that lift all the new designs so they can be copied elsewhere and brought to market in a third the time.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Which begs the question, where's the bootleg Giulia? Maybe only so much can be duplicated with auto show measurements and photos.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The first thing I must say is the Giulia to my eyes is the most beautiful car on the road today, as an entire package.

But the next thing I'll say is that the Giulia in its front, sides, and back have elements that can be found to be quite similar to a bunch of brands, from lowly toyota corollas to everything else. But, that all these sums of parts, copied or not can come together to become so beautiful, is a testament of human ingenuity, in this case, the Italian one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not a huge fan of the center console TBH. I always thought the parking break is good where it is. Each to their own I suppose! Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ooh I like the green. More pics of the green one please! It's hard to tell from the pictures, but is there more padding on the driver's side of the center console where you rest your leg?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts