Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting news - I just got off the phone from KW, and what do you know - looks like they have coilovers for the QV, as well as the Q2 (NOT the Q4 yet :|)... I've attached the link below - the KW Sales rep said they just released the products about 3 weeks ago! :grin2:

I hope this helps anyone looking to add coilovers, as I sit here with my fingers crossed for Q4 development!

Here's the link for the QV - http://www.kwsuspensions.com/products.html?p=1

I just went to "Product Finder", clicked on the drop-down and put in the year, vehicle, model, and "Rwd" and it pulled up all the options - go to page 2 for KW Variant 3, etc...

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Interesting news - I just got off the phone from KW, and what do you know - looks like they have coilovers for the QV, as well as the Q2 (NOT the Q4 yet :|)... I've attached the link below - the KW Sales rep said they just released the products about 3 weeks ago! :grin2:

I hope this helps anyone looking to add coilovers, as I sit here with my fingers crossed for Q4 development!

Here's the link for the QV - http://www.kwsuspensions.com/products.html?p=1

I just went to "Product Finder", clicked on the drop-down and put in the year, vehicle, model, and "Rwd" and it pulled up all the options - go to page 2 for KW Variant 3, etc...

Cheers!
uh unless I read incorrectly, it says this is actually for a Q2 Giulia because this variant is for cars w/o adaptive dampers

"KW Coilover Kit V3 Alfa Giulia (952) 2WD w/o electronic dampers"

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uh unless I read incorrectly, it says this is actually for a Q2 Giulia because this variant is for cars w/o adaptive dampers

"KW Coilover Kit V3 Alfa Giulia (952) 2WD w/o electronic dampers"
My apologies - you are correct! It is for vehicles w/out electric dampers... Looks like they may have to still develop for vehicles w/adaptive dampers - as well as QV of course. Sorry, got too excited over the news... So essentially only applies to Ti Q2 w/out Adaptive Dampers.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
After almost 5 years on my Flyin' Miata VMaxx stage 1 coilovers, I think you Quad owners will miss the suspension button on your dampers if you install coilovers. Seriously though, it must be for looks because the Nordschleife times were set on stock. I even use the button on my 360 on rough roads. Turn off sport so I can get down the street without losing a ball joint or breaking a vertebrae. That's the harsh reality of it. The other option is a Stelvio and probably more effective. ;)

Reactions: lowlight

·
Vendor
1,223 Posts
Just a little FYI...

We should have 2 coil over options available in the next 60-90 days for the Giulia. We started on this about a year ago and are finally to the point to where one type will be ready to ship in the next 30-45 days and the second type within about 90 days.

Both from Europe and both from well known manufacturers.

We can't give out any more details for now, but thought you should know.

We are also an Authorized Dealer for KW and will soon have stock on their options as well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
A good compromise would be their HAS (height adjustable system). That way you can keep you active suspension but have the benefit of a lowered stance.

Not sure if that's in the works now but when I called a month or so back, nothing was known to be in development.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello guys!

There will be a KW DDC Plug&Play coilover for the QV, but it will take a few months. It will be developed with my car. Plans are, that my car goes to KW beginning of October.

The HAS system will not be offered, because of technical issues regarding the original damper. I cannot explain it any better...

I think, the DDC P&P for the QV will not be available before Q1/2018.

If there are any news, i will let yo know.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello guys!

There will be a KW DDC Plug&Play coilover for the QV, but it will take a few months. It will be developed with my car. Plans are, that my car goes to KW beginning of October.

The HAS system will not be offered, because of technical issues regarding the original damper. I cannot explain it any better...

I think, the DDC P&P for the QV will not be available before Q1/2018.

If there are any news, i will let yo know.
Thanks for the update. Surprised about no HAS. Not sure what issues there could be given it's just a threaded sleeve that slips over the shock body.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Thanks for the update. Surprised about no HAS. Not sure what issues there could be given it's just a threaded sleeve that slips over the shock body.
Shock body not smooth enough to slip it over? Shock body not strong enough to accept the funny loading this might add? I dunno, someone at KW must know. HAS is my backup plan to a hybrid pneumatic system (lower it when switching to summer/all season tires, raise it when switching to winter tires, no "on demand" adjustment luxury).

My Polaris came with an equivalent as stock equipment. I wonder why car mfgs don't offer this with their track capable vehicles at least as an option?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hope i did find the right translation for the HAS-problem.

The strut bearing is welded to the damper, therefore it is very expensive and not profitable to develop for the QV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts