Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2017 QV had to have the glove box replaced. It was working fine and then I go and slightly stuffed it by putting a baseball cap in there and it didn't seem to close very well but not completely stuffed at all by any means. But anyway after that I couldn't open it.

I told my service manager and he knew right away it was a problem apparently they've had to replace the glove box on a few other cars already.

I tried really hard to open it but could not and my head tech told me he has to lay on his back with some pry tools to open it. He said it was just a cheap design.

So a couple things I suggest:
1. Don't ever stuff the glove box.
2. Don't put anything really important in there as it could be locked in there with you unable to retrieve it until you take it to the dealership.

And as you all know it's not a very big glove box.
I also own a 4C that has the tiniest glove box. What is it with Alfa and their glove boxes?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't think you can really call the storage space in the 4C a glove box although it might hold a thin pair of gloves.

Jeff

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,734 Posts
What belongs in an Alfa Giulia glove box?

I think:

Registration and insurance papers.
Maintenance record book.
A barf bag for your passenger.

Not much else.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Definitely do not put the owner's manual in there....way too robust for the flimsy lock and latch and hinges.....service papers (oil changes), tire purchases, tire pressure gauge, and that's about it.....I keep the reg and ins card in the driver's door map pocket....potential to get pulled over is great and can't afford to have those docs get locked in the glove compartment and not be able to present them to the officer......

Officer......"You know why I pulled you over..."

Me (without hesitation)....."because I'm an *sshole...."

Reactions: Alfa 1

·
Registered
189 Posts
FYI there is an official Alfa fix on the glove box. Not sure what exactly what they are changing. When i went in for software updates the dealer said the are ordering parts for a known glovebox issue (will do this at a future visit at my convenience)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts