Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My tendency is to try and knock winter off my shoes prior to getting into my Giulia, usually against the bottom edge under the sill. Is there an accessory which looks good but works to avoid hitting painted surfaces?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Hi. My tendency is to try and knock winter off my shoes prior to getting into my Giulia, usually against the bottom edge under the sill. Is there an accessory which looks good but works to avoid hitting painted surfaces?
I use the rear tire, and / or the underside of the door.
Also, sometimes I leave the snow broom on the drivers floor so it can be used upon ingress.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I usually just stamp my feet on the ground before I enter the car. I have a rubber mat that I immedately place my feet on so I don't mess up the normal mats. I"m still awaiting for some OEM all weather mats that are to my liking.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tire is a good idea. I want to avoid the underside whether the door or below the sill. With all the add on coverings, I wonder if there is one for covering a section below the sill wrapping a little under the car.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I usually sit at 90 degrees on the seat, hit sides of soles together to get the bulk of snow off then swing feet around on the weatherteck mats.....

Reactions: Tyresian

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I am also waiting for WT mats or to order as noted elsewhere in the forum!
I too am waiting for the custom Weather Tech floor mats for the Giulia AWD model.
I think that I'll call them today and inquire about the estimated availability date.
Perhaps, the more we call, the faster they will become available.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
Jack Lalanne or Lou ("Simon says") Goldstein. Your choice.

1. Open car door.
2. Turn body to face away from car, remaining close to it.
3. Sit on car seat.
4. Lift feet.
5. Bang feet together to knock off snow.
6. Turn body and bring feet into car.
7. Close car door.
8. Start car and drive as usual.

Reactions: Tyresian

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
I too am waiting for the custom Weather Tech floor mats for the Giulia AWD model.
I think that I'll call them today and inquire about the estimated availability date.
Perhaps, the more we call, the faster they will become available.
Or they'll say they're too busy answering phone calls and online queries to release them for sale. No excuses!

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
These new dance moves are harder than the Macarena, which I do to ensure I have all my devices in my pockets!
I was slow to post, so missed seeing BostonDMD saying the same thing much more eloquently.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
I usually sit at 90 degrees on the seat, hit sides of soles together to get the bulk of snow off then swing feet around on the weatherteck mats.....
Been doing this tap dance for as long as i can remember. One thing to note, if you are too aggressive, they gunk flies on to your door. Lesson learned, sensitive tap dancing :)

Reactions: Chipshot
1 - 13 of 13 Posts