Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to do it but this freakin G35 pissed me off this morning. I don't normally race on the streets but this guy was asking for it. Pulled on me 4 times I was on the phone so I didn't really pay attention to him at first. Sad thing about it was that I use to own a G35 and I know how heavy and slow they are even with mods. So anyway, the 5th time he passed me he revved up his engine and down shifted right next to me. I told myself, oh no you didn't! LOL! I didn't even put it in D mode just left it at N chased his @$$. So now I'm right behind him and I saw him downshift cus his car belted out smoke. Pulled up next to him in his dark tinted glass looked at whoever it was and nodded at him and was pointing at him to go for it. Since he just slowed down instead of going for it I downshifted and left his @$$ before making my turnoff. All that mod intake and exhaust all for nothing cus his car is a porker. Maybe I should shift into A mode to give him a chance. LOL!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I busted an AMG C63 in my QV a few weeks ago. From a dead stop at the light....I did'nt even spool up the turbo. We both rolled off the light and at about 10mph he gunned it. I was waiting for it and hit it a fraction of a second later. I put a half car length on him immediately then started inching away. At about 65mph I started coming up on traffic in my lane so I eased off to 55mph and the speed limit. He did the requisite ricer fly by. The whole ordeal lasted all of about 5 seconds...I did go 10mph over the limit so shame on me, but I don't condone hitting race speeds on the highway. Drag strip is the place for that. He'd probably kept going past 100 and I would have kept putting space on him.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
I will say that BMW and Mercedes cars want to challenge the Alfa all the time. I don't understand why. I had a c63 AMG coupe that went to extensive lengths to get next to my car in traffic today. It was a beautiful car and I would have been destroyed in a possible race, but it was interesting that he made the effort. Loser. I have never chased someone down for a race.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Some guy in a Chrysler 300 wanted to race me this morning. I was in manual mode so I took off fairly quickly but nowhere near full throttle, maybe about 30-40%. Hear the roar of the 300's V6 so I just pressed my foot down a little harder and off I went! It wasn't even a fair competition lol.. I back off once I hit 7 over the limit but he kept going for a bit until he realized I wasn't going to go balls to the wall.

I'm not always an angel though. A few weeks ago, I smoked an Ecoboost mustang from a stop. Launched the car at 2500 rpm and beat him all the way to 80mph on a 45mph road before I decided getting a street racing ticket wasn't worth it :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Some guy in a Chrysler 300 wanted to race me this morning. I was in manual mode so I took off fairly quickly but nowhere near full throttle, maybe about 30-40%. Hear the roar of the 300's V6 so I just pressed my foot down a little harder and off I went! It wasn't even a fair competition lol.. I back off once I hit 7 over the limit but he kept going for a bit until he realized I wasn't going to go balls to the wall.

I'm not always an angel though. A few weeks ago, I smoked an Ecoboost mustang from a stop. Launched the car at 2500 rpm and beat him all the way to 80mph on a 45mph road before I decided getting a street racing ticket wasn't worth it :D
Have you even got your car "run-in" yet DareBear? I have only had a few folks want to race down here in Southern Ohio and I usually won't partake unless.... unless they piss me off enough... It is odd how it is nearly always BMW and Mercedes owners that feel the need to race but have encountered a Mustang or two that were also hoping for a street race too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Have you even got your car "run-in" yet DareBear? I have only had a few folks want to race down here in Southern Ohio and I usually won't partake unless.... unless they piss me off enough... It is odd how it is nearly always BMW and Mercedes owners that feel the need to race but have encountered a Mustang or two that were also hoping for a street race too.
I have multiple people who want to race me or see me floor it every single day. It is usually people in "car-guy" cars like WRX, Mustang, BMW, etc, you know the type. But I've had people in minivans, pickup trucks, etc also egg me on. My car is Misano Blue and it really stands out, so that may be a contributing factor :D

Reactions: Martyn

·
Registered
876 Posts
giulias are the cars to look at, i get more stares than i used to get in my porsche wich was unique, with camo, fender flares, and custom forged wheels lol,

its just that everyone who sees alfa romeo giulia immediately thinks its a QV lol, anyway i have under my belt plenty of punished tuner cars, and few mustangs with chargers, my friend has f80 m3, which just blows of the doors of my tuned ti lol, but its on par with mildly tuned subarus and evos, next weekend ill have a chance to test few highway pulls with my friend who has mk7 R with APR stage 2, should be intresting

Reactions: Montecarlo

·
Registered
223 Posts
Raced bmw 440i last night. We took off on rolling start he jumped about 1 car on me and after that I started to catch up by the 3rd gear it was dead even 4th gear I was ahead maybe 1 car length before we let off on the gas. My mods are madness ecm & go pedal, V2 and exhauset. We slowed down and he was telling him house much my turbo whine sounded badass lol he was a cool dude.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Raced bmw 440i last night. We took off on rolling start he jumped about 1 car on me and after that I started to catch up by the 3rd gear it was dead even 4th gear I was ahead maybe 1 car length before we let off on the gas. My mods are madness ecm & go pedal, V2 and exhauset. We slowed down and he was telling him house much my turbo whine sounded badass lol he was a cool dude.

Nice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts