Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was one of the first things I did to my Giulia. Was never a fan of having the keyhole exposed and since it is keyless entry why not add the security of a cover. I've never had to manually insert my key into the door to open in my pervious cars and if I had to you could just pop it right out.

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_12_127

Bumperplugs.com -> Plug Products -> Door Plugs -> Porsche -> Choose your color

The wide range of colors will surely match just about all the colors of the Giulia, I did a google search on the ones that sounded close to mine. If you’re crazy you could probably repaint it to match perfectly (I wouldn’t judge you for doing so).

The plug itself is basically a perfect fit without doing any modifications to it as I just shoved mine in the hole (ah thank you). A tiny bit of paint peeled off on the inside which you would never see.

$15.95 may seem like a lot for this ‘mod’ but remember it’s the smallest details that make the biggest difference. And no I don’t get a cut from this site, I just used them in the past to plug up a variety of holes on my previous vehicles. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Why choose Porsche when they offer Alfa?
Oops, very sorry, never mind. I see now that I found "bumper plugs" for Alfa, not "door plugs". Still good to know our beloved Giulia is at least partially supported, nonetheless. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oops, very sorry, never mind. I see now that I found "bumper plugs" for Alfa, not "door plugs". Still good to know our beloved Giulia is at least partially supported, nonetheless. :)
Good find though! I couldn't imagine any dealer would drill into the bumper as the bracket they provide for the front plate would go into the tow hitch.

The Porsche door plug fits surprisingly well. Paint match isn't perfect but you can hardly notice. But the fact they can paint bumper plugs to Giulia colors perhaps you could order a door plug with the exact paint code. I'll research further and update.

·
Registered
261 Posts
They just updated the colors. Very responsive site!
Unfortunately, they still don't appear to have the rosso competizione color... I wonder how the Alfa rosso plugs would look on a R.C. car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, they still don't appear to have the rosso competizione color... I wonder how the Alfa rosso plugs would look on a R.C. car.
You can try going under the Porsche link and seeing if any of those colors are a close match. That's what I did with mine and it's nearly perfect.

·
Registered
249 Posts
This was one of the first things I did to my Giulia. Was never a fan of having the keyhole exposed and since it is keyless entry why not add the security of a cover. I've never had to manually insert my key into the door to open in my pervious cars and if I had to you could just pop it right out.

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_12_127

Bumperplugs.com -> Plug Products -> Door Plugs -> Porsche -> Choose your color

The wide range of colors will surely match just about all the colors of the Giulia, I did a google search on the ones that sounded close to mine. If you’re crazy you could probably repaint it to match perfectly (I wouldn’t judge you for doing so).

The plug itself is basically a perfect fit without doing any modifications to it as I just shoved mine in the hole (ah thank you). A tiny bit of paint peeled off on the inside which you would never see.

$15.95 may seem like a lot for this ‘mod’ but remember it’s the smallest details that make the biggest difference. And no I don’t get a cut from this site, I just used them in the past to plug up a variety of holes on my previous vehicles. :grin2:
Thanks for the information. Looks good on the car. Will have to look at colors to see if the RC is there yet.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's a shame they don't have Rosso Competizione.

·
Registered
2019 QV
39 Posts
Figured it was worth the $20 to check it out. I had to dremel down the sides of the little pin that slides into the keyhole to get it flush. It moves around a little, but pretty snug. Also not exactly centered, as there's a spring mechanism that normally keeps the slot covered that sort of pushes it out of place a bit.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive lighting Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive lighting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts