Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 gulia
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the key fob very sensitive when you have it in your pocket. I kept hitting the panic button by accident. I was working on a location set yesterday and saw the trunk of my car open. figured I must have hit the button while I was bending down. Then I noticed my car lights were on when I walked over to the car it was running. That of course was a concern. Is there anything I can do to protect this from happening other than the obvious some kind of cover I can purchase to make it less sensitive to touch maybe?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Wear baggier pants...

I've set my panic alarm off several times with the key in my pocket.
I know they can adjust the sensitivity of the alarm but don't think this has any effect on the key.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I disabled panic button on my key fob not the spare. There is a write up how posted in the forum.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Inadvertent remote starting is a neat trick, as it requires a double-press.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I found the key fob very sensitive when you have it in your pocket. I kept hitting the panic button by accident. I was working on a location set yesterday and saw the trunk of my car open. figured I must have hit the button while I was bending down. Then I noticed my car lights were on when I walked over to the car it was running. That of course was a concern. Is there anything I can do to protect this from happening other than the obvious some kind of cover I can purchase to make it less sensitive to touch maybe?
@sflboxter Yes, it's incredibly annoying and embarrassing. And I'm rather surprised. I mean Europeans usually wear much tighter clothes than Americans do, so I'm surprised how sensitive it is, as well as how darn big it is.

On top of that, the car's alarm itself is quite sensitive. I work on a military base with constant planes taking off/landing, and my alarm goes off quite a bit. The dealer has turned it down as much as possible already.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts
I find that clothing with an old fashioned watch pocket is ideal for holding a car fob of any kind and that it dramatically reduces the chances of an accidental button push.

·
Registered
2020 gulia
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Old habits die hard. Usually the keys are in my hand. But I was on set working with a production crew and had taken things from the car. The crew area was too far to go to to put the keys in a safe place. So use to Audi for 9 years one gets complacent! All good its actually fun discovering all the different things, good and quirky.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've had my QV for 5 months now and I've still never had an accidental key fob button push. It's always in my pants pocket too, even when I drive. Jeans, khakis, and suit pants... No problems. Odd though, maybe I should be thankful that my key fob seems to be a little more stubborn.

·
Registered
19 Posts
had mine go off a few times, picked up a leather key case from amazon and no more problems.

·
Registered
647 Posts
..... I'm surprised how sensitive it is, as well as how darn big it is .....
That's exactly the same thing the lead actress told me when we were together on set!

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts