Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been following the Giulia since it was introduced to USA in late 2016! I currently drive a 2017 Dodge Charger SXT Rallye AWD and I love it, but the lease is eligible for an upgrade. My mom works for FCA and I am able to order cars through the corporate lease program, so once a year, I get to trade in for a newer model! I originally did not think I was going to be able to afford a Giulia given its massive price hike vs my Charger, but I was looking through it on Friday and found out it'll cost the same to lease as my Charger! So it was a no-brainer, and soon I'll have a fully loaded Giulia 2.0T Ti Sport Q4!

I went to a local Alfa/Fiat dealer yesterday to test drive a Ti Sport and it was one of the best driving experiences I've ever been in. The steering is so precise and tight, while also being very light. This is in stark contrast to my Charger (Which I originally thought was pretty responsive, hehe) that feels artificially weighted and numb compared to the Giulia. Another impressive thing was the torque. It's always available no matter what! 5th gear at 2000pm and it just goes! My Charger has to be rung out a bit for the acceleration to push me back in my seat. The giant, tactile column-mounted paddle shifters are also a welcome upgrade to my little wheel-mounted ones.

Now for a little bit about me: I recently graduated university with a BS Computer Science and have a great career ahead of me with lots of fun and interesting challenges to face. I live in the Metro Detroit area, so playing Frogger every day on the way to work has been fun this past week! Besides obsessing over cars, I enjoy video games (Mostly racing simulators/arcades like Assetto Corsa, BeamNG.drive, Forza Motorsport/Horizon), writing music, and trying new craft beers.

Cheers! I'll see you all when my car arrives in roughly 4 months!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Congrats, and welcome on!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice ... I love the Charger and recently looked into leasing quotes on the Hellcat and it's quite the deal I think, maybe someday
The Hellcat was and I believe still is one of my dream cars. But after being poisoned by the addiction to handling and feedback the Alfa gave me, I'm having second thoughts about that dream car :grin2:

This car has literally ruined any experience I'll ever have with any future car that doesn't have the level of feedback the Giulia does.

Edit: And yes, when test driving, I turned in too early nearly every time. Gonna be fun getting used to that! My Charger feels like a truck now...

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The Hellcat was and I believe still is one of my dream cars. But after being poisoned by the addiction to handling and feedback the Alfa gave me, I'm having second thoughts about that dream car :grin2:

This car has literally ruined any experience I'll ever have with any future car that doesn't have the level of feedback the Giulia does.

Edit: And yes, when test driving, I turned in too early nearly every time. Gonna be fun getting used to that! My Charger feels like a truck now...
I went from an old Range Rover to the Giulia lol, polar opposites. The Hellcat is also an attainable dream car for me too, it is a bargain to me -- I would specifically go for the Charger Hellcat too

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went from an old Range Rover to the Giulia lol, polar opposites. The Hellcat is also an attainable dream car for me too, it is a bargain to me -- I would specifically go for the Charger Hellcat too
Agreed 100%, Charger looks better and I believe has better weight balance too. Plus it has 4 doors so I can haul my friends around :grin2:

Friend of my mom's has a Challenger Widebody (not Demon, just the WB) with a 6 speed and that thing is a beast on an entirely new level. Although it's pretty much only good for one thing :wink2:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Agreed 100%, Charger looks better and I believe has better weight balance too. Plus it has 4 doors so I can haul my friends around :grin2:

Friend of my mom's has a Challenger Widebody (not Demon, just the WB) with a 6 speed and that thing is a beast on an entirely new level. Although it's pretty much only good for one thing :wink2:
The police here use Chargers, so there's that too ... :laugh:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The police here use Chargers, so there's that too ... :laugh:
Oh yeah, I drive a dark grey charger. Everyone thinks I'm a cop! LOL :laugh:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
I shared the road home with a Demon. Darn, those sound good.

You're fortunate to have a mom who takes such good care of your driving needs.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I shared the road home with a Demon. Darn, those sound good.

You're fortunate to have a mom who takes such good care of your driving needs.
Indeed I am! Make no mistake though, she orders it, I pay for it still! Still in a very great position to be given the chance to do this.

Reactions: Tyresian

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congrats! I certainly love my Q4 Ti Sport/Performance.

"This car has literally ruined any experience I'll ever have with any future car that doesn't have the level of feedback the Giulia does."

Exactly. I have enthusiast friends with whom I'll go driving and since I've been driving the Giulia, their cars no longer feel impressive to me. I do miss a manual so have considered with what I might eventually replace or (more likely) complement the Giulia, but nothing feels good after living with the Giulia. There are some amazing engines out there, but the steering and dynamics of these other cars just pale in comparison to the Giulia (with the exception of Porsche, but I'm a family man and Porsches -- at least the ones which interest me -- no longer fit my situation; and I speak of Cars of the Proletariat of course, not taking into account Ferraris and McLarens and such). Oh well, nice problem to have, that being that the car I have is just too good. :)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Congrats! I certainly love my Q4 Ti Sport/Performance.

"This car has literally ruined any experience I'll ever have with any future car that doesn't have the level of feedback the Giulia does."

Exactly. I have enthusiast friends with whom I'll go driving and since I've been driving the Giulia, their cars no longer feel impressive to me.
+1. I currently have a loaner Mercedes CLA 250 and it's not nearly as good as the Giulia.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome to the fun and congrats on your purchase, it's truly an awesome car which is more than capable to pass Chargers on the track (probably a Hellcat on the corners too ;))

Enjoy every minute (we know you will!)

·
Registered
460 Posts
+1. I currently have a loaner Mercedes CLA 250 and it's not nearly as good as the Giulia.
I received a late model CLS when I had my clear bra installed at the dealer (by a contractor). Ugh. Great-looking car but such a lethargic brick compared to the Giulia.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got a 18 TI Q4 Sport as well (loaded pretty much). Car turns heads but in a good way. It makes kids smile when they see it. They think its just cool and different. Nothing like a Candy Apple red (Comp Rosso) paint to make people look.

You'll get positive feed back all around from all ages and the WTF faces are MasterCard Priceless.

I came from a 2005 Lexus IS 300 and the car was fun to drive. It froliced around corners and had good pace on acceleration. Was great to turn into corners and could put a smile on your face if you pushed it.

THe Guilia is a whole new level (maybe 2 or 3). I still smile and can't wait to drive it. I'm only at 500kms so far so still have not 'pushed' it but the car moves like an olympic athlete. That's the best way to describe it. Its fluid, efficient, fast, tight, all those catch words.

Enjoy the drive.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey y'all,

I should be expecting my car soon, but the lack of information is a bit frustrating! As the car was ordered through FCA's insider lease program, is anyone who works there able to tell me where in the pipeline my car is with a VON (vehicle order number)? My mom, who works there, says she isn't able to get much information herself and the co-worker who has access to the information isn't very friendly to her, allegedly.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts