Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, welcome from Poland/EU!

So I just ordered a Quadrifoglio!!!
The spec is going to be as follows: (I am giving the prices as well, so that you can see differences between US and EU)

* AT8 (we can get manual in Europe, but as a daily driver I prefer the auto, and the paddles are gorgeous!) —*2650 USD extra
* Rosso Competizione (2500 USD) + black "teledial" wheels (600USD)
* Electric heated sport seats —*there are three types to choose from: standard (manual apart from lumbar if I'm not mistaken), Sparcos (approx. 4100USD) and the heated sport seats (which are the ones with bolster regulation and memory —*1600USD)
* steel brake discs — CCs are not really comfortable for daily use and they can crack if they catch a small stone; with red calipers (250 USD for the red paint)
* carbon/alcantara steering wheel (370USD)
* 8.8" navi (2600 USD)
* HK audio (1600 USD)
* adaptive cruise control (1380 USD)
* red key fob :) (60 USD) and carbon front inset in the scudetto (instead of the standard aluminium one) -- 600 USD

The car itself is more expensive here too (95kUSD asking price with manual), but I guess it's our taxes that help.

The bright side of life is that ETA of a made-to-order Q is 8 weeks and they take orders all the time (no break to wait for MY18)

I haven't had a chance to drive a Q (dealers do not have showroom cars because they sell everything they order for the showroom before it gets there :)). They only had a diesel available for test drive. Comparing to my current Audi A5 coupe -- interior quality on par, HK audio much worse than my current B&O setup. Driving experience from a 180hp car -- still OK, although there is much too much diesel noise from the engine transferred to the interior.
I was also driven in a Q by an owner who came for service and was kind enough to take me for a 20 miles drive :) -- let's just say it was an experience that can't be forgotten :)

==
Edit: interior black/black with white/green stitching

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Awesome and that's fast! I am timing things so 4 weeks is too soon, if you can believe it!
:laugh:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats. Only 8 weeks for delivery? Wow, nice.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Oops, I meant 8 but it's still too soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!
The dealer will formally confirm delivery date when they have order confirmation from the factory. He said though that 8 weeks is a safe bet.
He also told me that my car should be equipped with Apple CarPlay. If not -- it will be a matter of software update at dealer's. I'm not sure whether he knew it or was just guessing.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was under the impression that the Android Auto was starting to be shipped with MY18 but maybe they made they change without waiting?

My Q is built but waiting on some package. Hopefully it's the Android Auto capable unit! I have it on my GTI and I wound't know how to survive without it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congratulations. I have visited Europe a few times only, but I always felt many things were more expensive there than in the states. Sorry for your taxes, hopefully the decreased wait time for your Quadrifoglio helps make up for it!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Eight weeks? Nice! It must be a two month boat ride from Italy to the USA then. Our order/delivery time seems to be four months.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was under the impression that the Android Auto was starting to be shipped with MY18 but maybe they made they change without waiting?
...or my dealer was misinformed, which is more probable ;)

Congratulations. I have visited Europe a few times only, but I always felt many things were more expensive there than in the states. Sorry for your taxes, hopefully the decreased wait time for your Quadrifoglio helps make up for it!
Well, yes they are more expensive. Many people buy their cars in the US and bring them to EU. Definitely the difference in wait time comes down to shipping -- after all crossing the Atlantic isn't a piece of cake, is it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The dealer has just called me to inform that the dark teledial wheels will not be available in the foreseeable future (he said at least 6 months due to some production/delivery issue...) and to ask which ones am I choosing instead. :crying:

I am going for the silver teledials, as this is the proper Alfa style, but I'm afraid the issue may affect other orders across the world as well.
It's interesting though why they only have problems with dark teledials and not with both dark styles or both teledial styles :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can have the wheels colored to suit your desires. That's an easy thing.
Sure I can, but there is a certain freshness to a car to be just as it came from the factory. Especially if it is leased :), the leasing company may not like me changing wheel colors.

What I meant is that it's strange that the factory can produce Tecnico wheels in both colors and teledial wheels in silver but there is an issue with dark teledials...

Why not Tecnico wheels?
The 'teledial' style is a signature of Alfa Romeo performance. It has been around since the original Spider or so. Tecnico wheels look good, but to me teledials are part of Alfa Romeo brand history and pedigree. After all it's a matter of personal preferences.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Sure I can, but there is a certain freshness to a car to be just as it came from the factory. Especially if it is leased :), the leasing company may not like me changing wheel colors.

What I meant is that it's strange that the factory can produce Tecnico wheels in both colors and teledial wheels in silver but there is an issue with dark teledials...

The 'teledial' style is a signature of Alfa Romeo performance. It has been around since the original Spider or so. Tecnico wheels look good, but to me teledials are part of Alfa Romeo brand history and pedigree. After all it's a matter of personal preferences.
Exactly. Alfa started cutting holes in wheels way back when ... back in the days that the wheel was invented ... to help whit cooling the brakes. In modern times with modern brakes, the cooling holes aren't really needed, but it has become an AR trademark, just like the up-side-down triangle grill.

As nice as the other wheels might look, they just aren't the same without holes. I'm trying to order dark 5-hole teledials for my Ti. It's early in the logistics game here for spare parts. The parts system isn't set up yet. Soon I hope.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good news!
I have just been informed by the dealer that my car is already in Poland (in Tychy, where FCA Polish branch and FIAT factory is located). It should be ready for collection at the end of next week, by 17th July latest. Looks like the whole process should be complete within a little more than 8 weeks. The production was accelerated by 3 weeks compared to the initial plan.
Can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Excellent! Looking forward to hearing your first impressions!

What is the fastest speed limit near you? Any good stretches of highway?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Excellent! Looking forward to hearing your first impressions!

What is the fastest speed limit near you? Any good stretches of highway?
Thanks!
Well, technically its 140km/h (88mph) in Poland on highways; any highway outside of Warsaw will do. Speed traps and police patrols are... manageable, we have good peer-to-peer information systems ;) based on smartphone apps.

It's 4-5h drive to Germany where you can find no-limit highways.
...and there are tracks nearby :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts