Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remember when MDriver shortly after taking delivery of his QV was approached by a maserati who wanted to race him?

Well.... It's a cold, but beautiful sunny day, so I decide to take my daughter Giulia for lunch at a restaurant in Portsmouth NH.......

1) We are on 95N, D mode with exhaust valves open, cruising with traffic when this beat up M3 with a young kid at the helm passes me doing at least 120......

then, he sees the QV and slows down waiting for me, revs the engine and "impresses" his girlfriend by gassing it........

meanwhile my daughter is telling me...... dad.... daaad..... that's code for "do not engage", so there I am explaining to her that the QV would embarrass the M3 and it's driver, but I chose not to do anything silly......but just keep my calm.......

2) Less than 5 min. later an M5 approaches from behind, I promptly downshift punch it enough to leave a nice gap between us and then pull to the right.......

Again, he is gassing it then slowing to get me involved, of course there is my daughter......

daaad..... "Dad I know that Giulia would beat them bimmer too, especially since you are race car driver, but let's spare them the embarrassment OK?"

So being the good father that I am I use all the patience left in me to let him go.......

3) We finish a nice lunch with meaningful conversation and are on our way home....

We pull in the toll boot to pay and on our way out an older E63 is coming out the boot next to me..... so he looks at the QV and punches it.......

I look at my daughter and say "OK...... we have to get back to highway speed now....."

He floors it, I stick to his bumper for the next 1/2 mile till we get back on the highway traffic..... I could have passed him, but backed off.....

I could see his eye as big as oranges in his rearview mirror.....I don't think the guy really knew what just happened...... meanwhile I slowed down again to highway cruising speed....

Is this normal?

All I can say is that I can't wait to take the QV to the track, I think it will definitely shock many BMW and Porsche drivers!>:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow is this just a QV thing? Maybe it's like a bull seeing red and other drivers in performance cars go crazy.

In my other performance car I noticed that after I had a louder exhaust people would do things like this more. Maybe people are noticing your car in dynamic mode and want to race as a result.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Portsmouth is my stomping ground, where did you go to lunch?
The Kitchen......a funky place that was featured on Guy Fieri's show..... try it if you have never been there before......

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow is this just a QV thing? Maybe it's like a bull seeing red and other drivers in performance cars go crazy.

In my other performance car I noticed that after I had a louder exhaust people would do things like this more. Maybe people are noticing your car in dynamic mode and want to race as a result.
With the valves open and in the red color..... the QV does stand out.......probably more than any other color, but I may be partial to the Competition Red.........0:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
I wish people would try to goad me into racing more often, I'd be happy to oblige (up to the legally posted speed, of course). I did leave a WRX STI in the dust a few weeks ago. He sped and weaved through traffic to catch up with me and we ended up side by side at a stoplight. He was alone, but he was revving his engine and rolled down his window to yell at me, so I had to put him in his place. Fun times.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Disclaimer

I cannot take responsibility for this Hooligans actions:grin2:
I merely let him drive my QV when he was thinking about buying one....his subsequent actions are wholly on him.:grin2:
I do not condone them.
With great power comes great responsibility :wink2: Dottore you must learn to play nice with the other marques:grin2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cannot take responsibility for this Hooligans actions:grin2:
I merely let him drive my QV when he was thinking about buying one....his subsequent actions are wholly on him.:grin2:
I do not condone them.
With great power comes great responsibility :wink2: Dottore you must learn to play nice with the other marques:grin2:
Professore, you know me better than that from our test drive of your QV.......0:)
I would never abuse power....... unless provoked and furthermore to merely defend my Giulia Quadrifoglio reputation.....:wink2:

I do look forward to the track events, that is where all the control with other marques goes out the window.......>:)

Doctor of Hoolaganistic Therapy
I like it!:laugh:

I am all set with 3 possible choices for track events......
You, on the other hand might need to bid on it since it would bring memories from your past........:wink2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I lied... I had a Dunkin in CT ;(

I'm not fancy like these Dr folks
Next I am going for Neapolitan pizza in NY.......:grin2:

Reactions: FNM and MDriver

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Next I am going for Neapolitan pizza in NY.......:grin2:
Stop at Frank Pepe's in New Haven on the way there for an appetizer and on the way home for dessert.

Reactions: BostonDMD
1 - 20 of 87 Posts