Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Three things come to mind:

1) If you remove the default floor mats (as seems reasonable) you then have quite a view of that fusebox in the passenger side. Not a big deal on black interiors; can't recall if the Crema has its fuse cover in black or not?

2) Little bit of an interference issue with the passenger-side cargo net. To be fair this was a 2018 addition and WeatherTech didn't know about it when they designed them.

3) Did anyone -- anyone -- think we'd be nearly into August 2018 with no AWD/Q4 WeatherTech fitted all-weather mats?!?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I gotta say, I don't love the look or the fit. Like, the texturing looks generic, and why doesn't the mat cover the full dead pedal or the fuse panel door?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I am not a big fan of the appearance of the weather-tech mats.

I'll stick with the Lloyd Northridge mats for now.

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for posting regarding WeatherTech. I have been waiting since February. I previously purchased the rears. Went to the factory store this morning and bought the fronts. Thanks sgain.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Thanks for posting regarding WeatherTech. I have been waiting since February. I previously purchased the rears. Went to the factory store this morning and bought the fronts. Thanks sgain.
Please share with us your assessment of their fit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had the TuxMats installed since delivery in June, and have been very happy with them. But had to give the WeatherTechs a try, given the incredible delay for the AWD/Q4 variants! I actually think WeatherTech has revised the passenger-side sidewell, versus what I'd seen from other owners with Q2 models. This new design clears the 2018 mesh pocket. Pictures taken at night with a flash, so not the greatest.

I'll wait till the slush season to see how well they perform. So far, I'd say the WeatherTechs appear much more like traditional, heavy-duty floor liners. The advantage of the TuxMat is the coverage all up the sides, and over the rear drivetrain arch as well. Their design protects more, but also changes the appearance of the car more (especially on a Lusso Beige interior.) I've been very happy with the protection offered by the TuxMats, but am going to give the WeatherTechs a try to see how I like seeing more of the light carpet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Just bought $29.99 Weather-Tech AVM All-vehicle at Costco. They're standard all-weather mats that one can cut each of them, on the pre-cut areas, to fit at perfection. They look OK and it's a $30 option, while waiting for the Alfa Romeo original ones to come out, some day.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I have had the TuxMats installed since delivery in June, and have been very happy with them. But had to give the WeatherTechs a try, given the incredible delay for the AWD/Q4 variants! I actually think WeatherTech has revised the passenger-side sidewell, versus what I'd seen from other owners with Q2 models. This new design clears the 2018 mesh pocket. Pictures taken at night with a flash, so not the greatest.

I'll wait till the slush season to see how well they perform. So far, I'd say the WeatherTechs appear much more like traditional, heavy-duty floor liners. The advantage of the TuxMat is the coverage all up the sides, and over the rear drivetrain arch as well. Their design protects more, but also changes the appearance of the car more (especially on a Lusso Beige interior.) I've been very happy with the protection offered by the TuxMats, but am going to give the WeatherTechs a try to see how I like seeing more of the light carpet.
There are things I dislike about the WeatherTechs right off the top, e.g. the partially covered dead-pedal, the way they expose the fuse box cover in the passenger footwell, and the texturing/ribbing which looks like something from an ‘80s American car floorliner, but I particularly dislike the mid-height tub walls in such a high contrast situation as black/Crema.

I’m sure on, black carpet, that the walls would be less noticeable and less distracting, but over the Crema, I found my eyes tracing over the edges of the map, trying to figure out if its variable height I’m seeing or just curves or what. Busy, is how I’d describe the look at the edges.

I think a full coverage black floorliner looks better integrated over Crema, less distracting, and actually enhancing the overall interior, which I think is too much Crema anyway, and would be really attractive with black carpet.

I will grant that I may be hypersensitized from seeing too many beige, sand, and tan interiors taking an awful beating in daily use to see the color as a viable carpet in anything but a pampered exotic.

Oh, and the Weathertechs looks a little better with the logo pulled, but still chintzy, IMO.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I will grant that I may be hypersensitized from seeing too many beige, sand, and tan interiors taking an awful beating in daily use to see the color as a viable carpet in anything but a pampered exotic.

Or in a decent climate.:grin2:

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Or in a decent climate.:grin2:
Well right, but then we wouldn’t be making these comments in a rubber floor mat thread.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
They're less "bucketed" than other WeatherTech floor liners I have seen, which limits their gunk-holding capacity and makes spills more likely when removing from the car. I'm hoping Mopar comes out with its liners soon and that they address these and other shortcomings mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I see I gave the incorrect impression in my original post. I should have showed the backing. As long as ones feet stay on the mat it would be unlikely that water, snow melt, or mud would get to the carpets. Cocomats.com glues a heavy 3/16" rubber backing with dimples to the bottoms of all their mats. These mats are heavy duty, water proof and will likely take decades of wear. Just a clarification for those interested. I would give the maker an A+ in quality and in service. They are custom cut for your car so they do take about 3-4 weeks to receive and yes they are a bit pricey but so is an Alfa.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My WeatherTech mats don't have the velcro attachment points on the front mats. Does anyone else that has the WeatherTech mats have the velcro attachments on the front mats?

Don't know if mine are just missing them or if it's supposed to be that way.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I got mats from Tuxmat out of Toronto the week after I came home with the Giulia and they fit fantastically. They cover the whole floor. Only thing I could probably use is something for the trunk.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts