Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed antifreeze coming out of this plastic valve. Do you guys know what it is? Also what kind of antifreeze can I use to refill the container located at the back of the engine by passenger side that is almost empty?

I am glad I noticed it now instead of noticing it on my road trip I was planning on taking with my kids.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,110 Posts
Guessing you are in Colorado by your handle, my dealership sent an email to all buyers that they have 24x7 roadside service all memorial day weekend. This is in CT though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm actually in the Illinois-wisconsin border. I am a Denver Broncos fan therefore the handle.

I was just at the dealership two days ago and it wasn't leaking then or that would've been the perfect time to get it fixed. Now my Giulia is stuck until Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
it's bleeder on coolant line for heater core in cabin. ...and it's broken now. you just tighten it with fingers otherwise if using spanner you can brake it when tightening.

as access is limited I removed front wipers with trim. then uncliped hose from firewall, used small drill to make hole in remaining part and with help of broken bolt extractor removed it.
the last one I did I used I think M8 bolt with teflon thread seal tape - done couple of thousand km now without any leak.
dealer told me I can't buy it separately - only whole hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The plastic cap u speak of is utilised when bleeding the coolant system, and once it is fully bled, it should not be required until next time you empty the engine of coolant, HOWEVER as a temporary option, you can find a plastic or brass bolt, with same thread, screw it in for a temporary fix

But I think u will find that your bleed cap will have fallen approx 6 inches down in front of the metal unit directly below the original position of the bleed cap, and it will have dived underneath at a 90 degree angle and it will almost certainly be sitting just out of view to the naked eye, so get an inspection mirror and a torch, slide the mirror down on an angle and you will see most likely your bleed cap sitting right there, albeit inaccessible to your fingers, so then go purchase a flexible claw tool that should be available (such as Toledo brand) at your local autoparts tool store, carefully lower it down and ease it over your bleed cap, pull out slowly.... PRESTO!

How do I know this procedure? Just a hunch, hahaha

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just noticed antifreeze coming out of this plastic valve. Do you guys know what it is? Also what kind of antifreeze can I use to refill the container located at the back of the engine by passenger side that is almost empty?

I am glad I noticed it now instead of noticing it on my road trip I was planning on taking with my kids.
i have this same issue was it a easy fix?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts