Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I put down a deposit on a stripped Q that has been sequenced. Rosso Alfa with Tecnico. All black inside.

I really wanted the yellow calipers but couldn't find a match for less than $80K. I guess I'll deal with the color
some other way. Buy them, swap them of just color them. Shouldn't be a huge issue. But I'm open to suggestions.
BTW apparently there is no way to make any changes on a order that has been placed.

Open questions are about if this can be a DD in NE. By how hard is to find winter tires the answer
might be clear but I'm willing to wait and see.

The clock has started clicking. Should be here sometime in June.

This is my second Alfa. First one was a orange Alfasud 1.2, a few decades ago >:)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Congrats! So you didn't order or build one? I am thinking yes, daily driver. That's what the DNA system is for ;) For winters, plan on getting another set of wheels with winter tires. Pirelli Sotto Zeros kick butt. They were very quiet until breaking them in but were probably fine anyway since I needed and alignment after frame work on my Miata. Put my summers back on for my trip down to PA for Easter and the alignment is great. Nice toe in and super direct steering like factory. I had no slip at all getting up my driveway many times after work during this past winter. Probably good up to 4 inches of snow when my Miata starts to plow. ;) And that was on 205 45 16s. Wide as my aftermarket summers and super grip. Not as loud as the deeper siped and squirrely Firestone Winterforce. They were good but you could feel the give in the softer rubber on pavement.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Congrats on the incoming Q............

You got any pics of the Alfasud? That car brings back memories of my childhood.......:)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

The way I placed the order was to locate an existing car that I liked among the list of the ones pre-ordered. It's not a custom order.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Today I put down a deposit on a stripped Q that has been sequenced. Rosso Alfa with Tecnico. All black inside.

I really wanted the yellow calipers but couldn't find a match for less than $80K. I guess I'll deal with the color
some other way. Buy them, swap them of just color them. Shouldn't be a huge issue. But I'm open to suggestions.
BTW apparently there is no way to make any changes on a order that has been placed.

Open questions are about if this can be a DD in NE. By how hard is to find winter tires the answer
might be clear but I'm willing to wait and see.

The clock has started clicking. Should be here sometime in June.

This is my second Alfa. First one was a orange Alfasud 1.2, a few decades ago >:)
Auguri!
Can't wait to see it. As far as DD this car in the NE, I am fortunate that I do not have to make that choice as I have a winter DD (X1)...would I DD it in the winter??....I'd try not too only because of all the salt that gets thrown on the roads, and moreover people's driving abilities tend to suffer in inclement weather. Are you in the Tri-State area? Very good approach you took to finding & securing one. Hope the wait is not that long for you.
Regards
M

·
Registered
236 Posts
Come to think of it, someone here posted pics of calipers with custom yellow paint. They turned out great, let me see if I can find the post.

Edit:
here are some pics
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/33970-post20.html

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks guys!

The way I placed the order was to locate an existing car that I liked among the list of the ones pre-ordered. It's not a custom order.
Just for my future reference, how did you exactly go by doing that?

You can PM me if you think its more appropriate...... Grazie!

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
If you go to the Alfa Romeo corporate site and "build" a Quadrifoglio, it is possible to expand the search radius out waaaay beyond your region (or, just use a different zipcode).

It takes some time to go through the build process but the end result is that you can see "in transit" and "on dealer/studio lot" Quads.

Hope this helps ^^

I tried to back-track the link but the corp site does not allow it without first having cookies present from the initial build.

Reactions: BostonDMD

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks Eric!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in the Boston area. Tons of snow here but I'm lucky enough that I can work from home if I feel like it.
The whole point of getting the Q is about it can be two cars in one. A family sedan and a track monger at the touch of a button.

Thanks for the pointer to the yellow calipers conversion. I'll try to ask some details on how it was done.

As for the ordering I just asked a dealer. All done via a chat including trading in two cars... Amazing internet!
I can recommend him if anyone is shopping. It's in CT. PM me.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not joying too much any longer. I've painfully waited two long weeks before checking the status of my car and sadly... it didn't move...
Still D: Firm schedule. I didn't know how painful the wait is.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not joying too much any longer. I've painfully waited two long weeks before checking the status of my car and sadly... it didn't move...
I was at D for a month and then I've been at D1 for another few weeks. The word "schedule" apparently means something different to Alfa, because although I've been "scheduled" now for a total of 7 weeks, they still have apparently no idea when my car will be built, not even which month. Again, "scheduled" means something different over there. :( I have no idea how they manage their supply chain if they really don't know when every "scheduled" car is going to be produced.

I was told by an Alfa rep last week not to expect an update for a few weeks still (end of May or early June). So I guess that will be a total of 10-12 weeks at least in D/D1 status?

I hope yours goes faster, and some people have had theirs go faster. Mine isn't moving quickly at all.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome to Italian Time. Fondly referred to as, "Hurry up and wait."

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome to Italian Time. Fondly referred to as, "Hurry up and wait."
No kidding. I saw a picture a few weeks back that purported to be a shift change at the Cassino plant with the second shift coming in. A second shift in Italy? Impossible.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts