Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went by today in the Quad to meet the service Manager, Cory Rader. What a night and day atmosphere change from Hendrick. Extremely nice and ready to help us Alfa owners. Talked about getting my Quad all updated and he was all about it. They are awaiting the software and scanner but anticipate being ready in the coming weeks. Took my VIN and is looking up all the RRTs to apply. Said he'd loan my a Maserati Gibli while they updated my quad. Looking forward to establishing a relationship. Stop by and speak with Cory and express excitement over the brand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you for checking into this! Please update us when they have all the equipment in place to provide service.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I dropped in at Johnson Maserati/Alfa today as well. The Service Manager was super nice and echoed what's already been said here about service. He said the Alfa experience will be white glove and be very different than what most people were probably getting. I have a rattle under my car and Leith said it would be 3 weeks before they could work me in. Johnson can see me on Monday. He said the transition to Johnson from Hendrick literally just happened Monday so things are still a little unorganized as they get up to speed. My 5 minutes of working with them and I already know service will be closer to what I was getting when I owned BMWs vs. having Hendrick service my car at the Dodge Dealership...

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
hmmmm, wonder if they will honor the maintenance agreement for oil changes and tire rotation (every 5k miles up to 30k) I purchased with the car from Hendrick?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmm, wonder if they will honor the maintenance agreement for oil changes and tire rotation (every 5k miles up to 30k) I purchased with the car from Hendrick?
Probably not, but I'll ask next time I'm there. I have the same package from Hendrick. The wife is really eyeing a Giulia TI now...What have I done?!?

Also, they were able to do some checking of my VIN. I see several items have been applied, but the report uses different numbers than the 17-XXX, so I'm having a hard time crossing them. There were two different updates done to the Amplifier...but I can't tell if it's the 17-061 flash everyone has mentioned.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
82 Posts
with Hendrick still being in business, I'd raise h3ll to get refund if Johnson won't honor it. I'll ask about on Monday and report back even though I didnt pay for that.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
with Hendrick still being in business, I'd raise h3ll to get refund if Johnson won't honor it. I'll ask about on Monday and report back even though I didnt pay for that.
Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dropped my car off today with Corey @ Johnson Maserati . He said they will honor the contract with Hendrick even if they have to eat the cost. He did say that he thinks that Hendrick might still honor it if you went a Hendrick dealer but there is no guarantee you're going to get genuine Alfa parts (like oil filter) so he would advise against that. The other option would be to make a case to Hendrick for a refund.

Corey is clearly focused on the customer experience and so far, he's on target. My loaner wasn't a Maserati. They have a contract with Enterprise so they put me into a BMW X3. The guy at Enterprise said they do have a luxury brand fleet because people who buy Maserti/Alfa probably don't want a dodge for a rental.

Corey said he already checked my VIN for RRTs (none for me) and will have them check for any software updates and apply those as well. I also mentioned to him the whole Apple Car Play debacle (I am not affected as mine was working) and he said they don't believe in charging customers for software updates. Before he moved my car he put a seat protector over it and also said the car would be detailed before it was given back to me.

I can't say enough good things (so far) about my experience with this new Maserati/Alfa dealership marriage. I've owned cars from BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus and my experience in this short time tops those. Assuming they follow through with everything they say the will do and provide good service, I'll be sold on taking my car only to these guys. Definitely curious to see how others experiences are but clearly FCA is elevating customer service with this alignment over the whole Fiat thing...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear....dropping mine off next Tuesday.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I was feeling remiss, so I stopped in today to meet Corey as well. As you all have mentioned, great first impressions, and he also confirmed to me that they would honor the Hendrick oil change agreement. He pulled the history on my car so I could see all the service updates Hendrick performed prior to my purchase which is nice to have in hand. He asked me about the “odor issue” which I still experience on occasion. He said they would definitely look into that when I had the car serviced. At 3600 miles now, so at my driving rate will probably be a few more months before I head in for a 5K oil change.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The rumor is that also Hendrick in Concord (Charlotte) sold the Alfa dealership too but cant seem to find to whom and when. They still have Alfa's on their lot.

By the way I did get a 5000 miles oil change and while it was free I freaked out when I saw the price of the oil filter $85 had a cow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The rumor is that also Hendrick in Concord (Charlotte) sold the Alfa dealership too but cant seem to find to whom and when. They still have Alfa's on their lot.

By the way I did get a 5000 miles oil change and while it was free I freaked out when I saw the price of the oil filter $85 had a cow.
Don't have too big of a cow. The oil change on my M5 was $200. I'm actually surprised it's only $85. It's synthetic or dinosaur oil?

EDIT: Wait the filter alone was $85 or the whole thing? BMW filter was $25 but the oil is like $90 then you add labor...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes, in Chicago I am greatly looking forward to the Alfa Mas union. Autobarn is already representing Mas according to the new Service Mgr. Should be a win-win for all of us.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Don't have too big of a cow. The oil change on my M5 was $200. I'm actually surprised it's only $85. It's synthetic or dinosaur oil?

EDIT: Wait the filter alone was $85 or the whole thing? BMW filter was $25 but the oil is like $90 then you add labor...
Kid you not. The invoice showed just the oil filter as $85. This is for Quad not sure if the same for regular Giulia but I doubt it. Anyone knows what so special about it?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My wife dropped off my QV at Johnson today to get the infotainment update and my brakes looked at. A couple of other nagging issues such as the hood latches popping on their own every once in awhile, and a few no start/stop failures will be looked at, but likely no resolution to those. White glove service, and they loaned my wife a Maserati SUV. I guarantee I'm going to be on the hook for her a new car now :)

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
My wife dropped off my QV at Johnson today to get the infotainment update and my brakes looked at. A couple of other nagging issues such as the hood latches popping on their own every once in awhile, and a few no start/stop failures will be looked at, but likely no resolution to those. White glove service, and they loaned my wife a Maserati SUV. I guarantee I'm going to be on the hook for her a new car now :)
Keep us posted on how the service goes!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I picked up my QV today from Johnson Maserati. Service isn't complete, but it will take a few days to get the parts, so I took the car back for the weekend, much to the dismay of my wife who was loving the Maserati loaner.

But, I can say that as expected the service department at Johnson has been a pleasure to work with. They went to bat for me on the brake squeal. They did have to follow FCA's adviser's and first try to resurface the rotors. Once they did that and the squeal was still apparent, they went ahead and ordered a full set of rotors and pads while awaiting FCA's approval. Just to save a day due to shipping and processing, so I appreciate their aggressiveness. They also found my hood latch was the old design and so they've ordered a new kit which consists of the release handle, cable and latches. They upgraded some firmware that had to do with the two start/stop warnings I've had, and they updated the infotainment system to 002.009.055. Unfortunately, that upgrade blew away the Map and Online manual, so they'll have to reload those when I return the car next week for the brakes. This time around, Cory said they'll try to put me in a Ghibli to see how I like those. I think he's working through me to get to my wife...lol.

Lastly, Cory mentioned that they've had a huge surge of Alfa's coming into the dealership for various service. I think it's in part to the good press they're receiving here and word of mouth. They are looking to hire more support staff as they are working their tails off now to keep all these new customers satisfied. I think Hendrick has completely washed their hands of anymore Alfa support and is sending everyone to Johnson. I'm not surprised. I found out today, that three weeks later, Hendrick still hasn't changed ownership of my Alfa in the registry and I still haven't received my permanent plates.

Reactions: Roo and Verrilli

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Good to hear! Please let me know what level maps you end up with when they get reinstalled.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I had my car into Johnson today for the 10k mile service. Actually was having it done at 4k miles since I bought the car new in November and the oil has been in there > 12 months. No other issues, so just routine service. Good experience overall. Got what they told me was the first Alfa loaner they had ever given a customer, a nice new black Stelvio. I did ask them to see if there were map updates for Navigation, I was at the 971.7832 version, and other posters had reported a 991.xxxx version was available. However, for whatever reason, they could not access a more current version for my car on their system. They said they were going to do some additional research and get back to me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts