Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 206 Posts

· Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,359 Posts
Wouldn't that compromise handling? If I remember correctly, it's been mentioned that the Giulia seems to be optimized for a rear track around 12 mm wider than the front, based on the offsets of the staggered wheels.
No, if you've seen the work done by Tucoschild you'll see that his suspension engineer buddy said that a 17mm spacer on the 10" wide wheels was ideal... but that's also after adding adjustable upper control arms, -3.5° - -4° camber, and moving the axle center back a handful of mm's (6mm maybe?).

yes, 10" wide techino's in the front.

· Registered
2023 Veloce Q4
471 Posts
No, if you've seen the work done by Tucoschild you'll see that his suspension engineer buddy said that a 17mm spacer on the 10" wide wheels was ideal... but that's also after adding adjustable upper control arms, -3.5° - -4° camber, and moving the axle center back a handful of mm's (6mm maybe?).

I am in awe...

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 · (Edited)
Well OEM is +33mm, so that would be a +13mm offset.
Both are Gabriella

I am not familiar with Tucoschild but it sounds like his suspension engineer arrived at stock if he added a 17mm spacer and then moved the hub back 6mm (17-6=11mm). Compare that to a 19x8.5 et 34 wheel being 97mm off the hub, and a 19x10 et 41 wheel being 86mm off the hub (97-86=11). So his suspension engineer moving the wheels a net 11mm maintained the stock centerline.

That said, the point is that Alfa has the hubs set at 12mm greater (per side) in the front than in the rear.

Honestly, though, this is SO far beyond what anyone on this forum will ever observe a difference between. Let’s be real with ourselves, lol.

· Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,359 Posts
Both are Gabriella

I am not familiar with Tucoschild but it sounds like his suspension engineer arrived at stock if he added a 17mm spacer and then moved the hub back 6mm (17-6=11mm). Compare that to a 19x8.5 et 34 wheel being 97mm off the hub, and a 19x10 et 41 wheel being 86mm off the hub (97-86=11). So his suspension engineer moving the wheels a net 11mm maintained the stock centerline.

That said, the point is that Alfa has the hubs set at 12mm greater (per side) in the front than in the rear.

Honestly, though, this is SO far beyond what anyone on this forum will ever observe a difference between. Let’s be real with ourselves, lol.
Moved back as in towards the rear of the vehicle, not in towards the engine.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Moved back as in towards the rear of the vehicle, not in towards the engine.
Ah, interesting. Regardless, I’m struggling to believe that running a 10” front / rear combination is the ideal suspension configuration for any RWD car. So, again, not familiar with whoever this is but sounds like they were trying to optimize a very artificially constrained situation (by the desire to run 10” front wheels) rather than designing an ideal solution…

· Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,359 Posts
Ah, interesting. Regardless, I’m struggling to believe that running a 10” front / rear combination is the ideal suspension configuration for any RWD car. So, again, not familiar with whoever this is but sounds like they were trying to optimize a very artificially constrained situation (by the desire to run 10” front wheels) rather than designing an ideal solution…
It's for track use and created really well-balanced performance with a bit heavier steering feel.

Reactions: John4C and ShamAsil

· Registered
2022 Giulia Quadrifolio
60 Posts
Interested in a set of satin black Gabriela in 20" for a QV. Preferable tire size would be 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 or 265-305 tire sizes with proper offset, tire height would be assuming that size would help keep the speedometer accurate.

Can the factory centercaps be used? Also, are there wheel and tire packages available?

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Interested in a set of satin black Gabriela in 20" for a QV. Preferable tire size would be 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 or 265-305 tire sizes with proper offset, tire height would be assuming that size would help keep the speedometer accurate.

Can the factory centercaps be used? Also, are there wheel and tire packages available?
Hey!

20" is very doable. I am doing one right now for a QV in 20".

255/30/20 & 295/25/20 would actually be recommended. Those would keep you the closest to stock tire height (both within 0.1"). Obviously there is a little latitude but my understanding is that fitting 265 front can be tricky.

Offset can be customized to whatever you want. I am partial to something like 20x8.5 ET 27 & 20x10 ET34 or alternatively, in +0.5" sizing, 20x9 ET 33 & 20x10.5 ET40 - that said, it's really whatever you prefer.

They come with billet caps, but stock caps DO fit.

No wheel and tire packages are possible at this time (unless you live in Boston, in which case PM me and I can explain).

Best,

John

· Registered
262 Posts
I am currently running oem QV wheels with 11mm spacer up front and 5mm in the rear. I do have the CCB option.

I would like to know what offsets you think are best for running 0.5inch wider wheel both front and back. I also like the idea of maximizing the concavity of the Stephania wheel.

Thank you again John for making this available.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
I am currently running oem QV wheels with 11mm spacer up front and 5mm in the rear. I do have the CCB option.

I would like to know what offsets you think are best for running 0.5inch wider wheel both front and back. I also like the idea of maximizing the concavity of the Stephania wheel.

Thank you again John for making this available.
1/2” wider I’ve been done:

19x9 ET 32
10x10.5 ET 39

It works out to about a ~8mm spacer front/rear. That’s meant to be an aggressive, but not over the top fitment. That will be a little more concave in the rear. You’re somewhat limited by the hub positioning of the stock car. I have someone doing a set for a car with GTAM fenders and those are really concave (but wouldn’t fit on a stock fender car).

You’re very welcome btw. It can be fun at times. For instance, a friend mounted 19/20 Gabriella on his 4C 33 Stradale Tributo last night so that was cool to see…

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Are those brushed? They look really nice! You really get a sense of the fact that it's a solid chunk of metal from that style.
Yes. That’s brushed aluminum. It’s a really bright finish. I’ve seen it in person and it isn’t as white as it comes off in pics but it’s really that bright that the camera makes it look a little white.

That’s definitely the most “this is a solid chunk of metal finish possible since it’s just the raw aluminum brushed and clear coated

· Vendor
Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia QV- Squadra
4,840 Posts
A few have installed custom adjustable upper control arms for more negative camber to allow the OEM Technico 19x10 (41 offset) with 17mm spacers in the front. 285/30/19 square. But obviously that's more for track duty.
Yup, we have done it with our adjustable FUCAS and 17mm spacers as mentioned using 19x10 tecnico. Definitely for track, the car mentioned rides with 19x8.5 around town.

Specs: 285 Corsa , -2.9 camber Front/toe - 0.1, - 1.6 Rear
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Yup, we have done it with our adjustable FUCAS and 17mm spacers as mentioned using 19x10 tecnico. Definitely for track, the car mentioned rides with 19x8.5 around town.

View attachment 136934
Awesome stuff! 285 on the front is mental (y)

I think you're going to have a few new orders for those FUCAs ;) I know several people are contemplating wheel setups that would require them (y)

· Vendor
Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia QV- Squadra
4,840 Posts
Awesome stuff! 285 on the front is mental (y)

I think you're going to have a few new orders for those FUCAs ;) I know several people are contemplating wheel setups that would require them (y)
The grip is insane.

· Registered
262 Posts
1/2” wider I’ve been done:

19x9 ET 32
10x10.5 ET 39

It works out to about a ~8mm spacer front/rear. That’s meant to be an aggressive, but not over the top fitment. That will be a little more concave in the rear. You’re somewhat limited by the hub positioning of the stock car. I have someone doing a set for a car with GTAM fenders and those are really concave (but wouldn’t fit on a stock fender car).

You’re very welcome btw. It can be fun at times. For instance, a friend mounted 19/20 Gabriella on his 4C 33 Stradale Tributo last night so that was cool to see…

View attachment 136925
View attachment 136926
View attachment 136928
View attachment 136924
View attachment 136927
View attachment 136923
View attachment 136929
Have people been successful with the 19x9 et32 up front. I'm just concerned about the ~4mm added towards the inside of the vehicle.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts