Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
181 - 200 of 206 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 · (Edited)
Have people been successful with the 19x9 et32 up front. I'm just concerned about the ~4mm added towards the inside of the vehicle.
The person who ordered those hasn't received the wheels yet but I don't anticipate an issue. I see a few people running a very similar fitment in the aftermarket wheel thread and there's no mention of rubbing with that fitment. Obviously rubbing is heavily influenced by tire size and type so something like a 265/35/19 will rub but a 245 or 255 is a lot less likely to. Also, Michelins (generally) have rounded sidewalls relative to Bridgestone or Pirelli so you will always have less chance of rubbing on a Michelin. Finally, ride height will play a role so a lowered car will be more likely to rub.

Overall, there are many variables but several QVs on this forum run that fitment without rubbing.

· Registered
898 Posts
and there's no mention of rubbing with that fitment.
Again - talking about the 2.0 Q4:
When I tried to mount my rear wheels (9x18, 34 offset) on the front, the wheel hits the upright / steering knuckle - or whatever you call it.

A small spacer should suffice.

· Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,422 Posts
@Racer Z had 19x9 square set on his RWD 4 cylinder Giulia and said he had no clearance problems. These were OEM 5 hole rear wheels for the staggered setup, ordered from a dealer. I am not sure of the offset. He also had 255 35r19 tires mounted.

IMO, for a 4 cylinder I am having no ability to decide between these two configurations

1) 19x8.5 with 245 35R19, square. QV front wheel offset.
2) 19x9 with 255 35R19, square. ?? offset.

1) Is 100% certain to fit. The tires are slightly smaller diameter than OEM, throwing the speedo off. Using Tecnicos (the Tekla wheels are similar in weight and appearance) and Michelin A/S 4 tires these come in remarkably light at just over 41 pounds each.

2) Is the right diameter and has a little stretch for perhaps better handling. A little bit heavier though, so on the often rough roads that I drive the extra unsprung weight might undo the advantage of the stretch.

One can also put 245 35R19 on the 19x9 wheels for a bit more stretch and less weight on the wide wheels. Possibly the best track configuration.

· Registered
2022 Giulia Quadrifolio
60 Posts
Hey!

20" is very doable. I am doing one right now for a QV in 20".

255/30/20 & 295/25/20 would actually be recommended. Those would keep you the closest to stock tire height (both within 0.1"). Obviously there is a little latitude but my understanding is that fitting 265 front can be tricky.

Offset can be customized to whatever you want. I am partial to something like 20x8.5 ET 27 & 20x10 ET34 or alternatively, in +0.5" sizing, 20x9 ET 33 & 20x10.5 ET40 - that said, it's really whatever you prefer.

They come with billet caps, but stock caps DO fit.

No wheel and tire packages are possible at this time (unless you live in Boston, in which case PM me and I can explain).

Best,

John
What would be the cost of the rims shipped to 85345?

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Yes - it's the entire assembly (wheel + tyre).
If you look at the design of the upright, the diameter of the wheel won't matter.

View attachment 136965
Interesting. Thank you for sharing. So this is a 2.0 thing or only a Q4 thing? Lots of people run 19x9 ET32-33 on the QV without issue (just based on the fitments I’ve seen). Thankfully I haven’t made any 2.0 wheels where this would be problematic. Appreciate this a lot. It’s very good to know. 👍

· Registered
488 Posts
Has anyone in the U.S. ordered and received their wheels yet?

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Has anyone in the U.S. ordered and received their wheels yet?
Yes. There are 15 sets on the ground in the US as of today. Some of the pics have been posted (the two black 4Cs were both US, Tributo was US, red 4C with Tekla is US, couple white 4Cs with gold wheels in US, etc.). There are a few people that havent mounted them due to weather who have the wheels as well. 18 people total have them as of today (15 US, 1 France, 2 Australia).

Barring an unexpected shipping delay, I am expecting 7 sets to arrive next week (4 US, 1 Canada, 1 Australia, and 1 UK) and then another 7 in the next couple weeks (those have been shipped by sea so it'll be a few weeks).

We're far enough along now that there'll be a steady stream of these arriving for the foreseeable future. (y)

181 - 200 of 206 Posts