Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor who was extremely envy of my Quadrifoglio bought a Nissan GTR this past Saturday. So of course i snuck in a few pics at his house. 2 beautiful and fast cars! I got to drive the GTR also. It's very fast. I would still rather have the Alfa. The Alfa has a personality as the GTR did not. Just felt like a fast car.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
My neighbor who was extremely envy of my Quadrifoglio bought a Nissan GTR this past Saturday. So of course i snuck in a few pics at his house. 2 beautiful and fast cars! I got to drive the GTR also. It's very fast. I would still rather have the Alfa. The Alfa has a personality as the GTR did not. Just felt like a fast car.
I guess u twoo need a race track on ur back yard :nerd:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
GTR...... not exactly a beautiful car, but surely is fast......

Enjoy your Q!

Reactions: 407Guy and BandE

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
always had respect for the GTR, there's one guy in town who has one - looks/sounds awesome. That's a good sight to wake up to!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
Lady Giulia meets Godzilla.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
"Dear Predictable..." :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with GTRs. I love how much performance they pack into a relatively cheap car (used ones are in the $50ks), but hate them because when you encounter one in the wild, you never know if it's stock or has 1000hp.

Reactions: exlondoner

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with GTRs. I love how much performance they pack into a relatively cheap car (used ones are in the $50ks), but hate them because when you encounter one in the wild, you never know if it's stock or has 1000hp.
Probably a good idea just to give a thumbs up as it'd mostly likely cream on stock (think the 2017 is 2.9 secs stock)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Probably a good idea just to give a thumbs up as it'd mostly likely cream on stock (think the 2017 is 2.9 secs stock)
Oh, it'll murder my Alfa, I wouldn't even bother - as my Giulia is a base model.

But, when at the track, I'm in the Noble and that's when I wonder if I have a chance. Stock GTRs, no problem, the Noble walks away from them. Modified -- anyone's game.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dayum that was some real jealousy to push you far enough to buy a GTR ;)

That's pretty badass though, I've also had a love hate relationship with the GTR and still on the fence with it. I feel like they're just cheating anytime they show up to a straight drag race hahaha!

·
Registered
526 Posts
The GTR pricing starts at $110K, kinda like comparing a 5 lb sledge hammer to a 10 lb sledge hammer...

Talking about trying to keep up with the Jones, but you should be flattered..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love it. Mostly because i saw 2 GTRs today and no Quadrifoglios. Not even a standard Giulia. My neighbor is a fun guy. I didn't even know that he liked cars until he saw my Quadrifoglio. Now he owns a GTR!

"Too much bloody money!"

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
GT-R no joke...

I used to chuckle when I saw GT-R's....I found them to be ungainly, way too big for a sports car....and the designer only used a straight ruler when he made it...no curves..nuthin....and the inside looked like a video game....
then as luck would have it my very last day on a race track and instructing was in Aug. 2010 at MMC...for the BMWCCA...my "novice" driver was a Dr. from upstate NY and he rolls in with one of these....
well all my preconceptions were shot to ****....this car was every bit a sports car...light on its feet, nimble steering, very direct and input/feedback was exceptional...and the power!!!...on the back straight at MMC...165 and still pulling hard until I had to brake hard for the up-hill right into the esses...
car was always poised...and the brakes....CHRIST.....only way to stop faster would have been to hit a brick wall!!...
No amico mio...I love our Quads...but if you meet Godzilla...give a wide berth....>:)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
But which is faster on the Nordschleife?

Reactions: FX_Hedge

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hey thanks! I guess the GTR is technically a 2 door coupe right? This may tell us if the Giulia is even capable of a coupe option. If it's really hard cast as a 4 door, especially with the carbon roof on the Quad, that might make sense. It may take too much re-engineering to take the center pillar out or move it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
GTR = old news

Giulia = HOT new ass in town!

:grin2:

Reactions: Chipshot
1 - 20 of 22 Posts