Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's due.

I disagree with your opinion overall, and especially the statement that we have never offered any information to customers. I feel that has been quite the opposite over years of being on this forum (I would argue we have offered as much as anyone else, if not more). You spend a lot of time saying our products do nothing, which I don't think is a fair or accurate assessment either.

Regardless, I'd rather just prove you wrong. There's a stock 2020 in the driveway, and I'll document all of the information on the car, as our testing needs to be updated for W05 as there's more there than just some turbo cooling updates. We'll see how it compares.

So tell me if these customer cars are performing as desired...

EC P1 log posted earlier in this thread

EC P2 plots on these pages
Post 136 Lack of bigger turbos and tuning. Discuss.
Post 153 Lack of bigger turbos and tuning. Discuss.
Post 202

They seem to have the same or maybe less boost and timing then a Celtics tuned car advertised with muchich less power
Post 179 Lack of bigger turbos and tuning. Discuss.

Also the P2 cars are pulling same or less boost than JB4 cars documented here.

·
Registered
186 Posts
People are way smarter at this than I am, but FWIW, there was more than one occasion (I am not saying excessive) in the Golf R community that people blew their turbos when combining tunes with a piggyback. For the first time on this forum I get to say “Pay to Play”.

Many combinations of modifications over on the VW forums resulted in people complaining that their warranty was voided (officially a TD1) after what was usually a blown turbo and Stage 2 (tune/intake/downpipe). Many understood the consequences, many did not.

Yes I would consider a JB4 or EC tune alone, but not combined. There just isn’t enough data out there about the turbos on these cars and boost. A couple even stated they used the JB4 only for data logging and ended up with a blown turbo but maybe they used it for more.

The one’s that knew the consequences and killed their turbos just bought bigger ones afterwards.
100% agree. I mean I would never thought of putting a piggyback on a tune. Its like putting on running shoes on top of running shoes and try to fit them. Nah... I pass. I have the P1 and P2 Dual map and the only thing I am considering ia getting back a pedal booster, in my case the Vaitrix digi pedal. But thats it!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
100% agree. I mean I would never thought of putting a piggyback on a tune. Its like putting on running shoes on top of running shoes and try to fit them. Nah... I pass. I have the P1 and P2 Dual map and the only thing I am considering ia getting back a pedal booster, in my case the Vaitrix digi pedal. But thats it!
If he is running meth injection and controlling it with jb4 only it makes sense. But combining them both without specific functions I’m not sure what the end game is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A pedal booster on my R was one of my
favorite mods. It had no tune, but what many think is turbo lag was definitely (to a certain degree) just electronic throttle response. It was night and day on a stock car.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have Seletron Pedal booster on top of my tune and it certainly helps. I cannot imagine driving with stock throttle mapping. I prefer responsive throttle in any mode including D. As I can fine tune the response on the booster, it works perfectly for my needs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
JB4 seems like the route I'll be going with my car in the upcoming months.

Now here's the child in me asking a silly question, do they/are they able to add the pop/bang overrun noises with their tunes? It's something that I know is child-ish but I still love hearing on all the clapped out WRXs and Fiesta ST cars around here.

·
Registered
186 Posts

Now here's the child in me asking a silly question, do they/are they able to add the pop/bang overrun noises with their tunes? It's something that I know is child-ish but I still love hearing on all the clapped out WRXs and Fiesta ST cars around here.
unfortunately no ;(

·
Registered
53 Posts
unfortunately no ;(
:(

I wonder if they just don't think there's a market for it? Seems like I see it advertised heavily for Eurocompulsion, which is how I found out about that company in the first place, so it seems the guys making the JB4 could probably make a bit more money by incorporating it into their tunes if the customer wanted.

·
Registered
186 Posts

I wonder if they just don't think there's a market for it? Seems like I see it advertised heavily for Eurocompulsion, which is how I found out about that company in the first place, so it seems the guys making the JB4 could probably make a bit more money by incorporating it into their tunes if the customer wanted.
I believe it’s a limitation of the piggyback style tune... For me, I want traction control the most.... but for the sake of my extended warranty, jb4 is the best.

·
Registered
186 Posts

Have the EC tune for over a week and love every single drive with it and the p&b are awesome..its the cherry on the cake

·
Registered
70 Posts
I attended an Autocross event at west Palm Beach Intl Raceway Cart course.
Used map 2 for most of the runs - again no issues at all.
It is a very tight course and Giulia felt like a big heavy soft under steering pig.
Runs in D mode caused the stability control to freak out and cut power constantly. Probably an experienced race driver can keep it just below the ESC threshold.

It was much better in ‘Race’ mode although still too soft and heavy for this type of track.
My resolution is to keep the Alfa for street duty and use my track rats
(Miata and MR2 Spyder) for Autocross.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Pbir is my home track too. Im 20 minutes from it. Let me know if you ever hit up an scca track nights America or a testntune

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

love the FiST. Best bang for buck. Think it’s like 16k and still has manual.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I believe it’s a limitation of the piggyback style tune... For me, I want traction control the most.... but for the sake of my extended warranty, jb4 is the best.
Ok that definitely makes sense, I know very little about the actual process of creating/implementing tunes.

Have the EC tune for over a week and love every single drive with it and the p&b are awesome..its the cherry on the cake
Good to hear, I saw some videos online slamming EC for their "customer service" but who knows what happened on both sides. From a cost perspective it seems like JB4 is much cheaper, and keeping OEM drive-ability is a huge positive for me as I drive 100+ miles each day for work.

love the FiST. Best bang for buck. Think it’s like 16k and still has manual.
I long considered one as a DD, but the Giulia was too cool to pass up.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Tried e30 today. No more timing seen than with 93 octane as suspected. I see 1.5 degrees up top either way. Needa race map

Mike

141 - 159 of 159 Posts