Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I received a JB4 for my 2020 2.0 this week and I am about to install the tuner, but need some advice on disconnecting the points as circled in the following photo on the second engine cover. I know to remove the two bolts first, but what about these connections with the braided lines. How do I remove the clips without breaking them?

Any responses are truly appreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you! That worked. It turned out there were four connection points similar to the two in my original photo. All needed to be unclipped to remove the cover. Is that different for 2020 or have all model years had four?

Install is complete. The hardest part was getting the harness off the sensor on the charge pipe, but I generally don’t wrench on my cars so am humbly not the most experienced in this area.

So far so good using map 1. No CELs and a definite improvement in power! It is 90 degrees here right now and I am looking forward to testing on a cool morning.

I also hope to run this car at the drag strip in September to test maps 0, 1, and 2.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For fun, I used the JB4 to time a 0-60 run this morning. Outside temp about 70 degrees F. Slight incline to the road. JB4 firmware version 29/5//5, Map 2. Brake boosted to about 2,500 rpm with part throttle and hammered it. Ran a 4.675. Very pleased!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed the log file to Terry for him to review and he replied literally within five minutes stating everything looked great! Posting up the graph.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is interesting. Today at the same location with the temperature around 55 degrees, brake boosting with gas pedal all the way to floor, and launching at 2,779 rpm (according to the log) I ran a 4.4 0-60. I really need a Dragy.

I am very impressed with this AWD system. It just sticks and goes with no wheel spin or drama. Super fun.

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
273 Posts
Very impressive. Thanks for sharing this. They definitely are great at sticking to the road.

·
Registered
844 Posts
This is interesting. Today at the same location with the temperature around 55 degrees, brake boosting with gas pedal all the way to floor, and launching at 2,779 rpm (according to the log) I ran a 4.4 0-60. I really need a Dragy.

I am very impressed with this AWD system. It just sticks and goes with no wheel spin or drama. Super fun.

View attachment 103067
Definitely get a draggy. Dont think we have many awd folks who have done it. That 4.4 would be crazy if it doesnt include 1 foot rollout. Not sure if it does.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

View attachment 103067
very good runs. With the low temps and low DA you should see some big gains.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
256 Posts

View attachment 103067
I have a Dragy and the Squadra performance logger, personally I'd skip the Dragy and put that money toward the Squadra product.

great times by the way!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all! Would I be able to use the Squadra logger with the JB4 plugged in to the OBD port?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
What does this mean?! Lol. How does the Squadra logger work?! I haven’t looked at it too much, but thought I saw it plugged in somewhere.
plugs into OBD. So you would need a harness that can support both jb4 and Squadra at same time. I’m not sure thats even possible? I’ve never tried two products at same time. Dragy is the best imo and it doesn’t tie up your car. Used phone. Very accurate. Wayyy more accurate on a consistent basis than Squadra.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
plugs into OBD. So you would need a harness that can support both jb4 and Squadra at same time. I’m not sure thats even possible? I’ve never tried two products at same time. Dragy is the best imo and it doesn’t tie up your car. Used phone. Very accurate. Wayyy more accurate on a consistent basis than Squadra.
Ok cool, looks like Dragy would be best at this time for me. Thanks!

·
Vendor
2,288 Posts
It's possible, you just buy a dual lead and can tuck the dongle up while the JB4 is plugged in too.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks all! Would I be able to use the Squadra logger with the JB4 plugged in to the OBD port?
You need to buy a high quality obd2 splitter. I use one to connect the jb4 as well as a bluetooth module to stream data to the infotainment

·
Registered
557 Posts
Early results show the dongle is as or maybe more accurate than the dragy... Plus it actually does other useful stuff

1 - 20 of 26 Posts