Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello From Japan!

We just got back from a 4 week trip to Sendai, Japan, the 12th largest city at over one million. I had only been there two days when on a walk and here comes, God Save The Queen, one absolutely mint Austin-Healey Sprite Bugeye (1960? .... my brother owned a new yellow one way back), top down, 50 degrees and sunny. It was a gorgeous deep red driven by a Japanese man. I gave him two big thumbs up and he waved back and smiled. One minute later stopped at the signal light is a red Alfa 156. I showed him the wallet photo of my Giulia and he gave me a big smile. Several minutes later across the intersection and in a parking lot is a red 159. See photos below. Wow, the Italian Gods are looking down on me! A few days later I spot one more 159, mid gray.

After a long dry spell of several weeks, in 5 minutes two AR's passed by. Both were red and I think perhaps Mito's (?), see photos below.

Things were looking up as I intended to visit the new Afla Romeo Sendai dealer. We stopped by on Thursday of the week before we returned home. Very excited!

アルファロメオ仙台
Alfa Romeo Sendai

http://sendai.fgaj-dealer.jp/alfaromeo/

They are apparently a multi line dealer with Peugeot, Ferrari and Volvo stores side by side.

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sendai Alfa Romeo Dealer

Konichiwa (Ciao) From Japan!

We spent several hours at the Sendai Alfa Romeo dealership. We were very graciously welcomed by Mr. Masayoshi Goto, Manager. His sales and office staff plus a mechanic were so friendly and helpful in showing us around and answering all our questions with my wife Noriko translating. It was a fun day seeing that Alfa Romeo is being represented in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture by such a professional dealership! Thank you Mr. Goto!

Chuck & Noriko, Alfisti

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More Photos Sendai Japan

More Photos

Attachments

Reactions: Tony Bonanno

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry, we had a big earthquake during our visit and several of the photos are 90 degrees on end! Also please note in the one photo with the salesman I had to cover the Volvo patch on his shirt! :D

Reactions: Il_Conte

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
They like 'em Alfa Rosso out there, eh?! Thanks for the pic report!

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
I see that the Japanese have the same shape license plates as the USA and a front plate requirement, but I don't see any tow hook mount plates in the pictures. Market opportunity?

Nice tee shirt.

Thanks for the pictures and story Chuck and Noriko san.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see that the Japanese have the same shape license plates as the USA and a front plate requirement, but I don't see any tow hook mount plates in the pictures. Market opportunity?

Nice tee shirt.

Thanks for the pictures and story Chuck and Noriko san.
Thanks lockem! :smile2:

I lucked out on the t-shirt and found one already made online. Noriko had to explain the Alfa Male pun to our Japanese hosts, then they laughed.

Good question on the license plate. I was so concentrating on getting some decent photos with my little compact camera and concentrating on the translations with Goto-san and staff that I never even checked. There actually is a tow mount hole on the driver's side, (all Japanese Giulia's are right hand drive), which you can see in the upper left photo of the red Giulia just above the black grille sensor, link below. It appears to me that there might be a black connector plate attached somehow to the bumper on the passenger side, onto which the actual license plate attaches with two screws to the connector plate. Note: all photos and videos of the Japanese Giulia's have the license plate in exactly the same position and attached with two screws to a black backing plate. Apparently no owner options on how to attach. This is consistent with the fact that all Giulia's in Japan have the exact same size license plate in all prefectures. Notice that the black plate in attached photo is flush in places so must be attached to the bumper in the middle.

http://www.alfaromeo-jp.com/iqeqimpression_komoda/

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Thanks lockem! :smile2:

I lucked out on the t-shirt and found one already made online. Noriko had to explain the Alfa Male pun to our Japanese hosts, then they laughed.

Good question on the license plate. I was so concentrating on getting some decent photos with my little compact camera and concentrating on the translations with Goto-san and staff that I never even checked. There actually is a tow mount hole on the driver's side, (all Japanese Giulia's are right hand drive), which you can see in the upper left photo of the red Giulia just above the black grille sensor, link below. It appears to me that there might be a black connector plate attached somehow to the bumper on the passenger side, onto which the actual license plate attaches with two screws to the connector plate. Note: all photos and videos of the Japanese Giulia's have the license plate in exactly the same position and attached with two screws to a black backing plate. Apparently no owner options on how to attach. This is consistent with the fact that all Giulia's in Japan have the exact same size license plate in all prefectures. Notice that the black plate in attached photo is flush in places so must be attached to the bumper in the middle.

http://www.alfaromeo-jp.com/iqeqimpression_komoda/
Thanks. It looks like the proportions are similar but the Japanese plates are a bit bigger than the USA plates.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man... I miss Japan so much. I can't wait to see some JDM tuned Giulia's. Cool post! Thanks for sharing. Arigato Gozaimasu!
どういたしまして
Dōitashimashite :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

1 - 15 of 15 Posts