Attachments

·
Registered
5,009 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing announced and written in stone is the new XE-S that will be the top dog for the Jag XE line...
taking the 380hp six from the F-Type....that and now the 4 banger has a twin scroll single turbo set-up giving an extra 7hp and 16/lb feet torque....
The article was in a U.K. Car Magazine. I feel confident that they have good info. Now that Giulia QV is out and new Audi RS4 and possibly RS5 Sportback is coming, Jaguar will definitely build this to stay relevant. They're XE sales haven't been great to this point because they were missing a halo car to compete with M3 and C63s. An XE SVR could be really interesting. Maybe that would stoke on a future Giulia QV Super Veloce!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Having test driven an XE a few weeks ago, it is definitely not as exciting of a vehicle as the Giulia. However, at this point, the Jag XE's feature set makes it a slightly more well-rounded vehicle than the Giulia. The Jag also has a better warranty, a full year longer. Model year 2018 changes to the Jag XE start coming out in May. The UK Jag configurator has already been updated with the MY2018 changes. So I definitely think Jag is doing this preemptively to make sure they look like they're staying ahead of the other vehicles in the segment (on paper anyway).

If the new Jag Ingenium bi-turbo diesel motor (237hp & 369lb ft) would make its way to the USA, I would probably be swayed to the XE. We put about 20k miles a year on our sedan (75 miles each work day), and currently have a diesel, which allows you to get satisfactory driving performance with very healthy fuel economy. It is a shame FCA didn't bring the diesel Giulias over from Europe, but I understand it would probably have been a niche buyer for that car, similar to the decision not to bring over the manuals for the Giulia.

FYI the gas 4 banger is now from the Jag Ingenium family, whereas the unit the had been using was sourced from Ford. So it is a completely new, in-house, motor for the XE. The diesel option in the XE has always been Ingenium.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having test driven an XE a few weeks ago, it is definitely not as exciting of a vehicle as the Giulia. However, at this point, the Jag XE's feature set makes it a slightly more well-rounded vehicle than the Giulia. The Jag also has a better warranty, a full year longer. Model year 2018 changes to the Jag XE start coming out in May. The UK Jag configurator has already been updated with the MY2018 changes. So I definitely think Jag is doing this preemptively to make sure they look like they're staying ahead of the other vehicles in the segment (on paper anyway).

If the new Jag Ingenium bi-turbo diesel motor (237hp & 369lb ft) would make its way to the USA, I would probably be swayed to the XE. We put about 20k miles a year on our sedan (75 miles each work day), and currently have a diesel, which allows you to get satisfactory driving performance with very healthy fuel economy. It is a shame FCA didn't bring the diesel Giulias over from Europe, but I understand it would probably have been a niche buyer for that car, similar to the decision not to bring over the manuals for the Giulia.

FYI the gas 4 banger is now from the Jag Ingenium family, whereas the unit the had been using was sourced from Ford. So it is a completely new, in-house, motor for the XE. The diesel option in the XE has always been Ingenium.
Doesn't the Jag interior feel tighter inside, particularly the back seat? The Jag is a well-equipped car, just not as exciting to look at. Too homogeneous for my tastes and that of several friends who passed on them for BMWs and Mercedes.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
@mc3456 well you were right...Jag announced the XE built by the SVO guys in Coventry...600hp 5 litre V8 S/C...only 300 being made for the USA supposedly for 2018 model year....price yet to be announced...wooohoooo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts