Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please confirm where are the jacking points of this car?
All I can see under the car is 4 plastic squares. They look like jack points but I am not sure.. thanks guys

Reactions: Earwig

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,930 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/602-wheel-tires/13170-mounted-5-hole-19x9-all-four-corners.html
Post #5.

There are 4 jacking/lift points. I strongly discourage anyone from jacking on any other place on the car. Just because it looks sturdy does not mean it is sturdy enough.
I saw your thread, what are the knobs you mentioned?

What manual did you buy? I may pick one up myself just to see the jacking points.

All i see under the car are some black cubes tbst seem to be plastic. (4 of them).

If you have a change can you share the pages from your manual (pictute).

Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
What manual did you buy? I may pick one up myself just to see the jacking points.

All i see under the car are some black cubes tbst seem to be plastic. (4 of them).

Printed manual should have come with your Giulia. PDF versions can be downloaded
Giulia Owners Manual

From page 170 of that pdf. Alfa Romeo calls them lifting points not jacking points.

Those black cubes indicated by the triangles on the side skirts are the lift / jacking points.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Are those reinforced cubes made of "race ramp" plastic? Looks like it.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have used the plastic jack points to rotate tires and do a oil change, they work fine but since you can't jack anywhere else ( no jack stands) means you need 2 jacks.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Printed manual should have come with your Giulia. PDF versions can be downloaded
Giulia Owners Manual

From page 170 of that pdf. Alfa Romeo calls them lifting points not jacking points.

Those black cubes indicated by the triangles on the side skirts are the lift / jacking points.

Standard location for jacking points..... thanks for the confirmation!

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
I have used the plastic jack points to rotate tires and do a oil change, they work fine but since you can't jack anywhere else ( no jack stands) means you need 2 jacks.

Do you really need 2 jacks to change a tire?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so you guys are just lifting on those black plastic squares?
I wonder if Alfa sells some sort of adapter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will try the jack with a hockey puck. I just dont want to break or crack the black plastic pieces.
Does anyone have a picture of what the factory car jack looks like?

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I saw your thread, what are the knobs you mentioned?

Thanks
I just found this thread. I bought my repair manual from TechAuthority (https://www.techauthority.com/), which is owned by MOPAR.
Please note that the CD only works with Internet Explorer.

Hockey pucks work great, as do wood blocks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I will try the jack with a hockey puck. I just dont want to break or crack the black plastic pieces.
I don’t think any come with one, as I’ve never seen a spare tire, only on the Stelvio.
The plastic cubes are technically for a lift, not a jack, as AR does not recommend using a jack on the cars (according to our training, nothing in print saying that though). Although they’re plenty strong and I would say you’ll be fine using a jack there. Otherwise you could lift under the control arms, but the blocks are much easier and safer.

Reactions: Earwig

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I don’t think any come with one, as I’ve never seen a spare tire, only on the Stelvio.
The plastic cubes are technically for a lift, not a jack, as AR does not recommend using a jack on the cars (according to our training, nothing in print saying that though). Although they’re plenty strong and I would say you’ll be fine using a jack there. Otherwise you could lift under the control arms, but the blocks are much easier and safer.
Hmm, I missed that earlier. Our Giulias do not come with a spare tire nor is it an option. We don't have a jack or any tool kit. The plastic cube won't break as it's designed be the jack point. I've lifted my car and many others have been lifted as well.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts