·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Are you sure that the jack pad, with this device on top of it, initially fits under the car at the lift point? The video shows it being used on a car with alot of ground clearance.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Rennstand adds approximately 1.9 inches or 50 MM to the lowest setting of your jack including the jack pad. The lowest setting while on its legs is 11.5 inches or 292 MM. My floor jack is 4" at its lowest and the front jack point is a hair over 5".

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think the way this works is you put the grey part on your jack and jack the car up. When it is high enough you slide the red part under it and lower it to a locking point. But it still looks too tall for a Giulia because even the grey piece seems too tall to fit under the un-jacked car. If it does fit, it is really close.

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
You should have pleanty of room to use something like that if you have a low profile jack

"Q2: How low will it go?A2: The Rennstand adds approximately 1.9 inches or 50 MM to the lowest setting of your jack including the jack pad. The lowest setting while on its legs is 11.5 inches or 292 MM."

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is a solution to an increasing problem with modern cars with alloy frame components, plastic shields, etc. where there's not a second place to slip a stand under. Another design which I like was on Jay Leno's website, designed by a lawyer friend of his....I'm not sure if he's still promoting it. Production was limited last year....

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,738 Posts
It appears to be a tight fit if you use a really low profile jack. The lowest jacks are a little less than 3" (real racing jacks $$$$, or the steel low profile jack from Harbor Freight) so the pair is a little less than 5" at best. A 2017 QV or a lowered Giulia of any kind is lower than that.

Cheap aluminum "low profile" jacks are about 3.5" high and are likely to have problems with any height Giulia if using these stands.

Jackpoint Jackstands use a thinner puck, adding about 1" to the jack. They are about the same price and availability as the subject stands and look more stable to me.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,297 Posts
Reactions: BK-GTV6

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,297 Posts
thx for doing that, Jesse. Any response?
Nope, nothing yet. I found this info for the Telsa, but we'll have to measure the Giulia's. My car is not here at the moment or I would go do that now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts