Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please enjoy the link below....fast forward to the 7:00 minute mark....I think you'll find it very entertaining.....D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I see you've found Dick and Lick video. Those guys are fools. The ignorance of their comments about the Alfa is comical. The one guy is a "Yes Man". I would rather watch that idiot Jalopnik than these clowns. Good job Dino.

Reactions: ChiGuy

·
Registered
537 Posts
Wonder what that is and how old it is? I know that radio pretty well, they use them in Fiats.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Haha that's brilliant. Just tell him you love his shirt and cheap jacket combo which he probably got out of the back of a van in a car park ;) Wind him up some more

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,831 Posts
Wonder what that is and how old it is? I know that radio pretty well, they use them in Fiats.
its a facelift Giulietta and uses the FCA U-Connect, the earlier versions had a radio/CDplayer with pop up satnav as an option - this is what they then put in all the Giuliettas

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-2011/OAG-AD-15655247/?Cr=3

facelift 2016-17
https://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-2017/OAG-AD-15861061/?Cr=1

they changed the rear badge from a Brera style font centrally located beneath the badge to a Giulia style font towards the right

the other thing the knob was fiddling with is the DNA selector which in the 280hp would give it quite a kick in D mode, 0-100 in 6 seconds - not a bad little hatch

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It looks look like a base, year old Giulietta, which is basically a rebadged Fiat....
you DID NOT just say that!!!!! /forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

LOL
Well it is basically rebadged Fiat....there are couple of versions (including QV) that are very spicy and sharp but the one in video is pretty basic....BTW in US we have/had bunch of cars built on same Fiat platform albeit with stretched wheelbase (Dodge Dart, Chrysler 200 and Jeep Cherokee)

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Well it is basically rebadged Fiat....there are couple of versions (including QV) that are very spicy and sharp but the one in video is pretty basic
Fiat compact platform didnt produce any Fiats though, technically not a rebadged anything, but yes, predominately Fiat, multiair engine etc

it was a means to keep the badge alive, thankfully,

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Well it is basically rebadged Fiat....there are couple of versions (including QV) that are very spicy and sharp but the one in video is pretty basic
Fiat compact platform didnt produce any Fiats though, technically not a rebadged anything, but yes, predominately Fiat, multiair engine etc

it was a means to keep the badge alive, thankfully,
Fiat Viaggio and Ottimo are built on same Fiat compact platform, I believe they are italian market only....Viaggio also for China

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Ok whatever...I see I am dealing with a huge badge fan....Giulietta is something I would personaly never buy, whether it is rebadged Fiat or Dodge is a rebadged Alfa....while the guy in the video is also a huge slimeball, Giulietta is really not all that, as far as Alfas go historically, something like that should never wear an Alfa badge to start with...

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
mate, its ok, im just setting the record straight - same as the time i rang a multi brand dealership for a service booking, they were predominately a Mercedes dealership and old Hans answered the phone and said the 159 was a Fiat - some statements just need to be cleared up
mate, you sound more passionate about the brand than i do, lol

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I see you've found Dick and Lick video. Those guys are fools. The ignorance of their comments about the Alfa is comical. The one guy is a "Yes Man". I would rather watch that idiot Jalopnik than these clowns. Good job Dino.
I thought the bar was pretty low with Jalopnik but this guy just lowered it. I wasn’t even sure what car he was in but doesn’t matter he certainly likes to hear himself talk.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It is ok mate, I am the last one to seek some kind of pointless confrontation on obscure forum...and we are all fans of the brand

To clarify, I would not buy it because it might be an insult to Alfa badge but because it really is not all that of a car..just as 147 wasnt....in regard to setting record straight....you might have clicked deeper into wiki page but even my shallow clicking confirmed that it is basically Fiat, with Fiat transverse mounted engine, FWD based, built on a platform officially called Fiat compact platform, very much like every other basic Fiat I grew up around or owned back in Europe....it just confirmed what I basically said straight out so I am not sure what needed straightening...

Rebadging is after all probably the word that gets people going....let me say therefore that Giulietta has much much more Fiat’s than Alfa’s DNA in its veins, maybe thats more palatable to many

1 - 20 of 26 Posts