Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So driving into work this morning, lamenting the rush hour traffic I'm sitting in. I see a small construction zone, typical hard hat workers with police detail, didn't think anything of it.

As I'm approaching the cop signals me to pull over. Annoyed at this point I follow his instructions.

Here's what transpired:

Cop: Hey man, I see you drive by every day on your way in. WHAT KIND OF CAR IS THIS! IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

Me: heh, It's an Alfa Romeo ;)

Cop: It's pretty sweet, just wanted to ask. Carry on.

It really is the little things about owning an Alfa that put a smile on your face.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Great story!

I once was flagged to stop by a Porsche driver in the middle of rush hour to tell me how beautiful the car was! Cars honking in the rear lmao but he couldn't help himself.

The Giulia really is a special car... a once in a decade design and we are very lucky to be able to drive her. The Giulia evokes pure emotion to the onlooker and removes any rationality! I was compelled to purchase her when I first saw her. I only need to see it in person to lose all rationality and made the purchase solely on emotion.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice! I had a similar reaction yesterday - driving to go workout,. As I'm pulling into the parking lot of the club, there was a 5 or 6 year old child with his parents crossing, so as I wait to turn in, he turns and gives the car a huge smile, opens his arms wide arms, very expressive with joy - He made me feel like I was in a supercar LOL! Great feeling, gave him a wave - that's a young car guy in the making!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I had a 5 year old neighbor who's just moved in loudly say "IS THAT YOURRRRR CAR?".. I said "It is..", she says "I WANT A RED CAR!" ;) Think she liked it despite her dad owning a couple of M3's.. she then went on to my house... "YOU LIVE THEREEEEE?"... felt like a celebrity that day...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had quite a few comments and positive reactions so far, initially from work colleagues. The there was a female passenger in a minivan, while driving on a freeway. The van had driven alongside me, then dropped back, then forward again, presumably getting a better look at the car. Then I noticed the passenger almost out of her seat in order to get a good look at the car!

Most recently, I'd filled the car up at a gas station, and had to go into the store to get my receipt. As I'm walking back out, a young lad is holding the door open, talking to his friend who's inside. "No, it's an Alfa Romero (sic)! It maybe looks like a Beemer from this side, but it's an Alfa Romero!"

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I get a thumbs up from other drivers a lot. When parked people even take pictures of it.

Reactions: GAPF1

·
Registered
81 Posts
I get a thumbs up from other drivers a lot. When parked people even take pictures of it.
Just back from a quick shopping trip. Was walking back to the car, which, of course, was parked well away from all others in the lot and a guy driving by in a Miata has stopped, and is taking a picture of my car!

·
Registered
81 Posts
There's a lot of that!

What is it with Miata owners liking Alfa's?

The car's are nothing alike!
LOL, well, it was red, and so's my Giulia, so maybe that was it?!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Coming out of a restaurant I see a man getting out of a nice light blue M3 and he starts walking around my car. When I get to my door he says "The car is beautiful"! I said the same about his M3 and I let him sit inside the Giulia. He was an older gentleman but he was acting like a little kid after he got out.

Parked at a Red Lobster walking in with my girlfriend and the hostess opened the door for us. The hostess says "Wow, is that a Bentley"? and I respond no, no it's an Alfa Romeo and she responds with "Wow I have never heard of that and I am a car person." lol

The one time I took the Giulia to a car wash because I usually clean it myself I had a guy come up to me while I was tipping the guy that dried the car. He asked, "Is this the 600 HP one"? I told him no it was 280 HP and he said, "Doesn't matter this car is gorgeous"!

Had multiple people tell me to roll down my window and ask me what kind of car I was driving. I have never had experiences like this previously, it's great! lol

·
Registered
869 Posts
I had some teenagers pass me in Houston on US59 going 80 mph. They get past me and I see major brake lights. They pull up next to me and I speed off because, well traffic and crazy teenagers, and they chase me. They pull up, roll down the window and want to discuss the car while we are driving 70. Ok, sure, why not. Hahaha.

Lots of other people asking me what it is. I will say that I am not hating all of the women I know named Julia or Giulia wanting to go for a drive with me - that's just been an added perq.

Or, valets not knowing how to drive it; so, so many valets not being able to get it out of park or into drive from reverse.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aside from the almost daily winks, nods, and thumbs up we get, a few weeks ago my family and I went to an AS Roma soccer practice at Harvard in Boston while they were here playing in the ICC tournament, when I pulled up to the draw gate at a pay lot, this gentleman with an accent came out of the booth gushing over my car telling me I didn't have to pay! He went on telling me how he loves it and how his brother in-law lives in Milano and owns one, then he went back in and returned with some sort of pass and put in on my dash and opened the gate!....Perks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah lots of attention everywhere. Somehow my wife is enjoying that the most :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts