Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys are going to get a kick out of this. I placed an order for a Quad way back in on february 11. Was told ETA June or July. I have emailed the dealer once a month just to see if they had news. Standard answer has been "we know nothing". Out of curiosity I was looking at web sites of dealerships in the area and what do I find at my dealership? My exact car with serial number showing "In Transit". I called and they gave the most idiotic answer I have heard in a very long time. Are you ready for this? "well, Alfa automatically uploads cars to our web site and we never know when they do it". Apparentely they never check their own web site. Cant make this stuff up. Anyway, he checked, called back and the car is on its way here from Florida. Here meaning Charlotte, NC. I am so excited cant hardly stand it. Competion red, dark tecnico wheels, red calipers, upgraded sound and carbon fiber steering wheel. I ordered because I absolutely did not want the nanny stuff.

Will post pictures as soon as I get my hands on it. Hopefully this weekend

·
Registered
103 Posts
You guys are going to get a kick out of this. I placed an order for a Quad way back in on february 11. Was told ETA June or July. I have emailed the dealer once a month just to see if they had news. Standard answer has been "we know nothing". Out of curiosity I was looking at web sites of dealerships in the area and what do I find at my dealership? My exact car with serial number showing "In Transit". I called and they gave the most idiotic answer I have heard in a very long time. Are you ready for this? "well, Alfa automatically uploads cars to our web site and we never know when they do it". Apparentely they never check their own web site. Cant make this stuff up. Anyway, he checked, called back and the car is on its way here from Florida. Here meaning Charlotte, NC. I am so excited cant hardly stand it. Competion red, dark tecnico wheels, red calipers, upgraded sound and carbon fiber steering wheel. I ordered because I absolutely did not want the nanny stuff.

What dealership is this?

·
Registered
180 Posts
[QUOTEAre you ready for this? "well, Alfa automatically uploads cars to our web site and we never know when they do it". Apparentely they never check their own web site. Cant make this stuff up. [/QUOTE]

Truth IS stranger than fiction sometimes! Congratulations!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It just occurred to me that perhaps they were keeping me in the dark so that they would have some time to show (demo) the car to other people. A few weeks down the road they would have called me and told that it is here. Hopefully with not too many miles. I just have a hard time in buying the story that they did not know it was coming and worse, it was listed on their web site. Or maybe I am overthinking this. Do not want to mentiont he dealer name until I have the car in my hands.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
It just occurred to me that perhaps they were keeping me in the dark so that they would have some time to show (demo) the car to other people. A few weeks down the road they would have called me and told that it is here. Hopefully with not too many miles. I just have a hard time in buying the story that they did not know it was coming and worse, it was listed on their web site. Or maybe I am overthinking this. Do not want to mentiont he dealer name until I have the car in my hands.
I would be irate if I learned that a dealer was demo-ing a car that I personally ordered, if that is the case. Hopefully this is NOT the case and you'll get an answer soon enough.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
What dealership is this?
Google Alfa Romeo dealer in Charlotte, NC and you'll figure it out, there is only one and I found his car. If there is really concern about this car being demo'd to people, I think one of us on this website would be more than happy to call up the dealer and try and get a test drive organized, and see how willing they are, then it will be obvious. But let's hope there are no problems in the first place!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Congrats on your order not having the CCB. Not sure how you pulled that one off ordering so late. but his car price only 77k lol not the usually 86k
It's possible that things have changed since the OP placed his order, but I too ordered a Giulia QV recently (on 4/17, in the Bay Area), and I didn't have to get the CC brakes, either.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Fantastic. and better news its here early!!

·
Registered
5,506 Posts

Congratulations! enjoy...question though..when you say Nanny stuff are you referring to the Driver Assist Package?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is and opted out for two reasons. First I really wanted the competition red paint and did not know it was a $2K upgrade so due to my tight budget something had to go. The second reason is that I really do not care about all that monitoring of my driving by some computer.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a Ti on special order and I confirm that my car also shows up in the dealer stock on their website with status as in transit. I checked the VIN and it is the one I ordered so apparently this is normal for Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An update to the saga of my yet to be here Quad. So the car just arrived this afternoon after what seemed like an eternity drive up from Jacksonville. There was nothing nefarious going on with dealer (being Italian I jumped to the worse conclusion, or maybe is just me) . Turned out that the lack of communication and non response was due to the sales person that resigned that week. I drove up last Saturday to find out what in the heck was going on. Anyway, I am picking it up this week-end. Will post pictures soon and share my first impressions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So my dealer told me the same thing - as soon as they hit the US they show up on the Alfa website...and there is not much (for tracking purposes) in the way of communication to the dealer once it leaves Italy...my dealer just got two customer cars (pre-ordered) in and they just showed on the Alfa website.

I guess the reason behind this is to show - they exist and some level of inventory, even if they are sold customer orders -

I wouldn't be surprised to see mine here in the next month or so - maybe even sooner.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Alfaguy, You will not be prepared for what you have in store for you.

I am amazed I didn't get multiple tickets the first several days I drove the car and now I've been driving it somewhat normally I swear the car is a little miffed. She wants to be in D or R all the time, I just know it.

Talking about a split personality, good grief!

Enjoy

·
Registered
420 Posts
So my dealer told me the same thing - as soon as they hit the US they show up on the Alfa website...and there is not much (for tracking purposes) in the way of communication to the dealer once it leaves Italy...my dealer just got two customer cars (pre-ordered) in and they just showed on the Alfa website.

I guess the reason behind this is to show - they exist and some level of inventory, even if they are sold customer orders -

I wouldn't be surprised to see mine here in the next month or so - maybe even sooner.
What does show up on the Alfa website mean?

·
Registered
261 Posts
What does show up on the Alfa website mean?
They are referring to the web site of the particular dealer in question. Most of the Alfa Romeo dealerships, at least in the U.S., have the "same" site... that is, all the layout and page elements look the same, but the data has been customized for the particular dealer, such as maps and "contact us" info, and in particular, auto inventories. Apparently the inventories, and perhaps everything else on the sites, are updated by the mother ship.

See, for example:

http://www.alfaromeousaofburlingame.com/ (a California dealer)
http://www.centralalfaromeoofnorwood.com/ (a Massachusetts dealer)

Essentially, the exact same site, but different underlying data due to locality.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No CCB's here either

It's possible that things have changed since the OP placed his order, but I too ordered a Giulia QV recently (on 4/17, in the Bay Area), and I didn't have to get the CC brakes, either.
I just ordered one and didn't have to have CCB's. Although my allocation doesn't get submitted until the 13th.... so we will see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.