Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attn: All Vintage/New Alfa's, Giulia's, Ti's, Quads, Stelvio's and all other Italian cars. USA/Seattle/Puget Sound area, Pacific Northwest and BC.

There is an All Italian Car Show, Apr 15, 2018, at the Triple XXX Rootbeer Drive-in, 98 NE Gilman Boulevard, Issaquah, WA. Exit 17 off I-90. Exit 17 is about 17 miles east of Seattle on !-90 and about 9 miles east from I-90/I-405 (Bellevue). The Issaquah XXX Rootbeer restaurant was built in 1968 and currently owned by Jose Ensico (great guy). One of the very few XXX Rootbeer drive-ins still in the USA. It serves up wonderful 1950's style hamburgers, milk shakes & ice cream delights in famous large serving sizes. Jose is a car nut and proud to host frequent gatherings of vintage automobile, truck and motorcycle enthusiasts. Many car shows here each year, great fun! 10am - 3pm. I think there will be lots of Alfista and the general public very happy to see the newest Giulia's up close and personal!

http://triplexrootbeer.com/

http://www.allitaliancarshow.com/

http://www.allitaliancarshow.com/graphics/2018-registration-form.pdf

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...tos;geo=58528&detail=513797&aggregationId=101 Check out photos

I hope to send in my registration in a day or so and will be there. If you plan to attend please send me a PM and I'll make a list of all Giulia Forum folks who will be there so we can be on the lookout for each other. List Giulia model and color, first name, (lic# if you like), and I'll send out the list a few days ahead.

JuliaQ4-Nut/Chuck

Below I have posted a few photos of the Corvette show several years ago I took for a friend in Japan who has a pristine 62 (actually 1963 thanks to alfa55's correction) split window Corvette Stingray.

Attachments

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
41 Posts
looks fun

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
63 Split window.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
63 Split window.
Whoops! Thanks for the correction!. Mr. Suzuki would be pissed at me for that mistake! :crying:

What year Corvette has the split window?
Production started for the 1963 model year and ended in 1967. Introducing a new name, "Sting Ray", the 1963 model was the first year for a Corvette coupé and it featured a distinctive tapering rear deck (a feature that later reappeared on the 1971 "Boattail" Buick Riviera) with, for 1963 only, a split rear window.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at post #1 for info on All Italian Car show near Seattle

Hope you all don't mind if I post a few photos of my favorite place in Sendai, Japan. Giulia's are being marketed there big time and I'll see if I can get some photos in my next visit. The Giulia's should sell very well in Japan. I have been going there several times per year for almost 20 years. They are big time into classic US and European cars. First time I passed this American style bar, named One More Time (model name of the Wurlitzer jukebox inside), I couldn't believe when I saw thru the window as I passed by a black 63 Stingray inside! Mr Suzuki loves everything 1950's and 1960's American, music and memorability. His prize possession is his Stingray. I don't drink but go there often to sip a soda and talk to many who want to practice their English, after they loosen up their typical shyness with 3 or more drinks. He stocks a large supply of world class booze. The inside of the bar is in a triangular shape and the Stingray is at the pointed end. Sliding doors open.

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:

I've heard already via PM from some members who hope to attend the show. You can register in advance for $15 or $20 at the show or just stop by for a short look if you are pressed for time (park across the street). See car show registration form slow link above. I am not connected with the show sponsor.

You will have no problem locating tall white haired me, my short wife and our Red Q4 w/yellow calipers. GIULIA6

Hope to see you there. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
I love the trees reflected on the hood of the Giulia in that video.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
You will have no problem locating tall white haired me, my short wife and our Red Q4 w/yellow calipers. GIULIA6
I like the look of your front license plate installation.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Registration going in the mail tomorrow.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Giulia owners and seeing some great Italian cars.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the trees reflected on the hood of the Giulia in that video.
I love that Dear Predictable video (this one in Japanese) first shown that year at the Super Bowl. Seems to have been copied a number of times since by other brands. That hood shot was super videography!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I like the look of your front license plate installation.
Me too. It only works if you don't have a sensor there.:frown2:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ITALIAN CAR SHOW UPDATE:

Note, I will still send out a final update PM and post here with info in the first week of April_ch to all who have pre-registered or expressed possible attendance. Thanks for the many PM's.

So Far:

Pre-Registered:
Woodstk88 - Giulia
Kaevman - Giulia
Cambir - Stelvio (yeah!)
JuliaQ4-Nut - Giulia

Register Day of Show or Possible:
brad270
PNW_Giulia_Owner
Call me Al
Vailoce
Bert258
snakes3x

Let me know if I missed anyone or if you might be able to attend and not already listed above. Looks like we will have a nice herd of Giulia's/Stelvio's at this show. I think for this show since our Giulia's and Stelvio's are new models, the show attendants will be very happy, many of them actually seeing these new models for the first time in the wild!

See you in Isssquah. Chuck (JuliaQ4-Nut) :D

PS: For those needing overnight lodging, this is new and one mile away from XXX Rootbeer. Mention XXX Car Show for Discount. This is quite new and looks nice but could be on the pricey side for some. Exit 15
http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...arden-inn-seattle-issaquah-SEAISGI/index.html

There are other Hotel/Motels in the Issaquah area and also only 5 miles away in the Eastgate area of Bellevue.

·
Registered
573 Posts
ITALIAN CAR SHOW UPDATE:

Note, I will still send out a final update PM and post here with info in the first week of March to all who have pre-registered or expressed possible attendance. Thanks for the many PM's.

So Far:

Pre-Registered:
Woodstk88 - Giulia
Kaevman - Giulia
Cambir - Stelvio (yeah!)
JuliaQ4-Nut - Giulia

Register Day of Show or Possible:
brad270
PNW_Giulia_Owner
Call me Al
Vailoce
Bert258
snakes3x

Let me know if I missed anyone or if you might be able to attend and not already listed above. Looks like we will have a nice herd of Giulia's/Stelvio's at this show. I think for this show since our Giulia's and Stelvio's are new models, the show attendants will be very happy, many of them actually seeing these new models for the first time in the wild!

See you in Isssquah. Chuck (JuliaQ4-Nut) :D

PS: For those needing overnight lodging, this is new and one mile away from XXX Rootbeer. Mention XXX Car Show for Discount. This is quite new and looks nice but could be on the pricey side for some. Exit 15
http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...arden-inn-seattle-issaquah-SEAISGI/index.html

There are other Hotel/Motels in the Issaquah area and also only 5 miles away in the Eastgate area of Bellevue.
Thank you @JuliaQ4-Nut I look forward to see an updated list the first week in "March" or maybe you meant April.

Look forward to meeting everyone and it's great to see that we will also have a Stelvio there.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you @JuliaQ4-Nut I look forward to see an updated list the first week in "March" or maybe you meant April.

Look forward to meeting everyone and it's great to see that we will also have a Stelvio there.
Yes, April! Thanks Robert. I wrote that late at night in Japan and tried to correct it with my wife's I-Pad but got it only partially corrected, I don't know how to drive an I-Pad! :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LATEST

Member 98040 has now also pre-registered for the show with his Giulia QV! :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a fairly long drive to get there so I will be coming over the day before. Any recomendations on where to get my car washed or wash it myself once I get there? I do have some no rinse wash from Opti Coat that works really nice so a couple buckets of water would work as well. But that depends on how dirty she gets getting there.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a fairly long drive to get there so I will be coming over the day before. Any recomendations on where to get my car washed or wash it myself once I get there? I do have some no rinse wash from Opti Coat that works really nice so a couple buckets of water would work as well. But that depends on how dirty she gets getting there.
Robert, the Brown Bear Car Wash is very good for machine wash but I always use their self-service bays and wash Giulia by hand. Bring bucket, soap and mitt, etc. Pre-wet car with water rinse or distilled water. After hand wash, I use soft rinse clean water setting and then dry w/micro fiber towels. After wash I always go back to I-90 and go East (70 mph) to Preston exit (8 miles) and back. This dries off the under side of Giulia.

Brown Bear Car Wash, 22121 SE 56th St, Issaquah, WA 98027. Take exit 17 (Issaquah) and head north (to your right) on Front St/East Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE for approx one mile. Turn left at SE 56th (signal light and double left turn lanes). Brown Bear on left, one block. Lots of stores very near there, Costco, Home Depot, Fred Meyer supermarket, etc. Also on the south side of I-90 on Giliam blvd.

Chuck :D

https://www.google.co.jp/maps/dir/'...31daec850e39b2b!2m2!1d-122.0446797!2d47.55156
If you zoom in a little on this map you will be able to spot the XXX Rootbeer just south of I-90 exit 17.
Or you could always use the NAV on your Giuiia. ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Robert, the Brown Bear Car Wash is very good for machine wash but I always use their self-service bays and wash Giulia by hand. Bring bucket, soap and mitt, etc. Pre-wet car with water rinse or distilled water. After hand wash, I use soft rinse clean water setting and then dry w/micro fiber towels. After wash I always go back to I-90 and go East (70 mph) to Preston exit (8 miles) and back. This dries off the under side of Giulia.

Brown Bear Car Wash, 22121 SE 56th St, Issaquah, WA 98027. Take exit 17 (Issaquah) and head north (to your right) on Front St/East Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE for approx one mile. Turn left at SE 56th (signal light and double left turn lanes). Brown Bear on left, one block. Lots of stores very near there, Costco, Home Depot, Fred Meyer supermarket, etc. Also on the south side of I-90 on Giliam blvd.

https://www.google.co.jp/maps/dir/'...31daec850e39b2b!2m2!1d-122.0446797!2d47.55156
If you zoom in a little on this map you will be able to spot the XXX Rootbeer just south of I-90 exit 17.
Or you could always use the NAV on your Giuiia. ;)
Thank you. Saves me from looking around for one. I will be sure to have all my supplies with me.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Final Update

Looking forward to seeing all Giulia/Stelvio Alfisti at the show. Hoping and praying to the Italian gods for warm weather and especially bone dry!

..... Sunday, April 15th, 10am - 3pm.
..... XXX Rootbeer, 98 NE Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027 --- 425-392-1266
..... Begin parking assignments and same day registration at 10am.
..... Interstate 90, Exit 17 in Issaquah (Front Street/E Lk Sammaish Pkwy SE).
..... Go south of the freeway one block and left at Gilman Blvd/Front St intersection (Arco on the left). One block East on Gilman, XXX on left.
..... I will get there early to ask if we can all park together.
..... Bring folding cars, cooler w/food and drinks if desired.
..... XXX Rootbeer is an old fashioned 1950's hamburger joint.
..... Other fast food, restaurants, coffee, hardware and grocery stores north 1/2 mile on Front St and E Lk Sammamish Pkwy and beyond, east side.
..... More, West on Gilman Blvd for one mile, both sides.
..... See above posts for registration info, etc.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts